Home The Bridge

Really seeing dsc crew power creep

edited February 2018 in The Bridge
Captain Lorca, at 1/5 stars has managed to become my 4th best cmd crewman. I really want a power creep eng proficiency crew member.
xpavlz042eey.png

Comments

• Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Captain Lorca, at 1/5 stars has managed to become my 4th best cmd crewman. I really want a power creep eng proficiency crew member.
    xpavlz042eey.png

My 1/5* Tilly is my 3rd in ENG... my 1/5* Lorca doesn’t even make my top 6

EDIT: I resorted at combined instead of base (like you) and Lorca moved to 4th but Tilly also Moves to 2nd... behind tempted data who is probably one of the best prof. ENG right now.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    phq5fy5gxcmh.jpeg
    el6ow6wcryrf.jpeg
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is less indicative of Discovery and more indicative of the fact that newer introduced crew have higher stats. If they weren't higher then there would be no reason for people with lots of crew already to go all out and buy packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • I think that is less indicative of Discovery and more indicative of the fact that newer introduced crew have higher stats. If they weren't higher then there would be no reason for people with lots of crew already to go all out and buy packs.

Of course...cant wait for the eng pro power creep
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehehe, power creep is great if you are getting new crew, stinks if you have old crew from beginning of the game with weaker stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is less indicative of Discovery and more indicative of the fact that newer introduced crew have higher stats. If they weren't higher then there would be no reason for people with lots of crew already to go all out and buy packs.

Of course...cant wait for the eng pro power creep

Lorian is strong at 1/5, he has 865 or so in ENG.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • It's doubly frustrating for those of us who won't get to see DSC until it's out on blu-ray. Spoiler avoidance is an Olympic sport and I have all these characters in my crew roster I don't even know yet. :( Plus of course the sad fact that if I suddenly happen to get a character I've wanted since the beginning (like Mirror Kirk or Mirror Spock), they're basically worthless now.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • I think that is less indicative of Discovery and more indicative of the fact that newer introduced crew have higher stats. If they weren't higher then there would be no reason for people with lots of crew already to go all out and buy packs.

That's my opinion as well. Older crew is in a sore need of adding a few hundred points to get even with the new crew. Sadly, I don't really see such a thing happening in the soreseeable future.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The power creep applies to all new cards, not just dsc crew, and it keeps the game as fresh as it can be and whilst it is to the disdain for some trying to fuse old cards, juggling crew slots, it's an unfortunate necessary evil. It does however have an additional positive and that is it will help your voyages last longer before having to use a dilithium refill so it's not all bad. It is also newbie friendly, especially for newer players who can participate in these new events, it gives them a chance to win strong cards straight off the bat.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • You re late by noticing this. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veleia wrote: »
    It's doubly frustrating for those of us who won't get to see DSC until it's out on blu-ray. Spoiler avoidance is an Olympic sport and I have all these characters in my crew roster I don't even know yet. :( Plus of course the sad fact that if I suddenly happen to get a character I've wanted since the beginning (like Mirror Kirk or Mirror Spock), they're basically worthless now.

I still get a lot of mileage out of my immortalized Mirror Kirk and 1/5* Mirror Spock. Kirk is my 3rd best COM/SEC after T’Kuvma and Mirror Picard and Spock ends up on more than a few voyages due to his good combination of traits. Just because they aren’t the best doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use them...especially if they’re among your favorite characters.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's doubly frustrating for those of us who won't get to see DSC until it's out on blu-ray. Spoiler avoidance is an Olympic sport and I have all these characters in my crew roster I don't even know yet. :( Plus of course the sad fact that if I suddenly happen to get a character I've wanted since the beginning (like Mirror Kirk or Mirror Spock), they're basically worthless now.

I still get a lot of mileage out of my immortalized Mirror Kirk and 1/5* Mirror Spock. Kirk is my 3rd best COM/SEC after T’Kuvma and Mirror Picard and Spock ends up on more than a few voyages due to his good combination of traits. Just because they aren’t the best doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use them...especially if they’re among your favorite characters.

I also get a lot of use out of some of my older cards. I too have a Mirror Kirk (my first immortalized 5*) who gets used. Not as much as he used to, but he still has lots of shuttle adventures. Mirror Spock is almost always used in my shuttles or one of the science stations on my voyages. Alternate Future Bashir, Tempted Data, Mobile Doctor, Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax are all cards which I think have been out since the game's release and I still get tons of use out of them.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • You re late by noticing this. ;)

I know...just had to post about it
  • Veleia wrote: »

No reason to wait for DVDs at this point. You’ll get a minimum of a free week for signing up for the silly CBS streaming service. I would highly recommend binging all of season one while it lasts and canceling before the week runs out. When you try to cancel that week, they may offer you a free month if you need more time to finish the season.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

No reason to wait for DVDs at this point. You’ll get a minimum of a free week for signing up for the silly CBS streaming service. I would highly recommend binging all of season one while it lasts and canceling before the week runs out. When you try to cancel that week, they may offer you a free month if you need more time to finish the season.

I actually wonder if they are going to do a physical release. Nothings been announced that I can find.
  • No reason to wait for DVDs at this point. You’ll get a minimum of a free week for signing up for the silly CBS streaming service. I would highly recommend binging all of season one while it lasts and canceling before the week runs out. When you try to cancel that week, they may offer you a free month if you need more time to finish the season.

I think you have better streaming services in the US. I'm in the UK and my wifi is awful. It's frustrating enough trying to watch a trailer on YouTube. Besides, I want to own everything on blu-ray and I know I'm not alone in that. I'm willing to suffer the torture of waiting (and yes, with shows like Star Trek and Game of Thrones it IS torture! LOL). I just hope DB slows down on the DSC characters for a while. I feel like all the other series/movies are being neglected.

I do use my older cards on voyages or special events. But most of my legendaries are only 1/5 and with every new legendary that gets added to the game, the odds of a second, third, fourth or fifth card dropping in Beholds become more astronomical by the day.

Hey, I love the game, warts and all, but I stopped spending actual money once they nerfed Voyages. I wish they'd do an event (not just an Expedition) where our older cards could see more action. Or come up with a way of making them able to compete with all the newer ones.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."