Home The Bridge

The next Voyages nerf - Hazards (skill checks) happening back to back

edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I just had 2 hazards (skill checks) happen back to back in not the 8:08 minute. I lost 60 antimatter in less than one minute.

I guess this is the next way DB is nerfing voyages: artificially increasing the rate of hazards to lower your antimatter quicker and shortening your length of voyages.

What's worse is that this happened after I spent dilithium to extend a voyage.

I guess this is one less thing where I will be spending dilithium.

xf3o08zpwme5.png
2f5ucvyxtcjl.png

Comments

• eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    RNG, I imagine. I've seen this a few times before the nerf.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • edited February 2018
    I observed this happening when voyages were first released. This is a rare, but not new, behavior.

Yikes, I don't know what's worse: this happening, or (some) players not noticing this whole time...
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I observed this happening when voyages were first released. This is a rare, but not new, behavior.

Yikes, I don't know what's worse: this happening, or (some) players not noticing this whole time...

I mean...our estimates (like 22 AM burn per minute at full failures) are based on the average rate of hazards. There are, on average, about 40 per hour. Sometimes they clump like that, sometimes they don't.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only see this when the log is incorrect. When I reenter voyage the log does not show them back to back.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    I only see this when the log is incorrect. When I reenter voyage the log does not show them back to back.

In my case, I watched it happen in real time. That's the only reason why I noticed it.
  • I observed this happening when voyages were first released. This is a rare, but not new, behavior.

Some players not noticing and then accusing DB of nerfing voyages in this regard.

Har Har. Let me respond with my own baseless personal attack: how long have you been working for DB?

Are we finished now? Can we bring this back to a proper discussion?

Hazards are supposed to trip somewhere between 1to 3 minutes. If hazards are actually RNG-checked every single time, that's not documented anywhere and not the expectation of players. On top of which, players are not going to notice this because watching the Voyages log is not a popular action in the game. I only happened to stumble on it by chance.
    WaldoMag wrote: »

In my case, I watched it happen in real time. That's the only reason why I noticed it.

I think the issue here is sometimes the client gets behind and tries to catch up. Try closing and re-opening the voyage to verify that they are still next to each other.
  • Hazards happen but 2 purple crew from an 8 hour voyage? Lucky you! ☺
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this all the time. I always just assumed that Hazards occur every 2 3/4 minutes, while rewards occur every 3 minutes. (Rounding to make the math easier.) So every few cycles you get two Hazards in a row. No big.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

I think the issue here is sometimes the client gets behind and tries to catch up. Try closing and re-opening the voyage to verify that they are still next to each other.

the voyage logs keep going out of synch, nothing new. happened to me as well, I had the voyage log opened for a while, closed the window and opened again and it showed the right activities in between hazards. the frequency and sequence rewards/hazards hasn't changed.
  • Fuzzy Moo wrote: »
    Hazards happen but 2 purple crew from an 8 hour voyage? Lucky you! ☺

Yeah, but one is Harris. Not that lucky ;j
    Fuzzy Moo wrote: »
    Hazards happen but 2 purple crew from an 8 hour voyage? Lucky you! ☺

Yeah, but one is Harris. Not that lucky ;j

200 honor is still 200 honor