Home Engineering Room
Options

Inconsistencies in Arena awards

NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Engineering Room
A fleet mate recently chimed in about not getting the proper arena credit rewards from achieving a rank. I had seen getting different ranks than what I was actually competing for, but hadn't noticed it being wrong. This morning I did and I took a few screenshots.

28ylrfv0u6vi.png
In the first case, I don't remember what my starting rank was, but I was fighting for rank 6. When I won, I was told I was in 1st. For this I was awarded 10,000 credits.

6r92rk2pugts.png

So when I went back for another round, I had dropped to second place. I was only given one choice (1st) to fight. I won this fight and moved to first getting 15,000 credits.

So in one case, I got 10,000 credits for getting first and another 15,000.

This is not the first time I had jumped to 1st, even though that wasn't the rank I was actually attacking. I always figured this was due to the person changing ranks in the middle of my fight. But it seems like if I was awarded the rank of 1st, I should have gotten the reward as well.

[edit]
Just to add, I did not check actual credits before or after. This is merely based on what is being displayed.
"If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."

Comments

• Options
    The issue I've been having has to do with schematic rewards, but I think it's all part of the same problem. I probably notice it more often because I tend to hug the line between 1% and 5%.

From yesterday's arena:

My supposed rank at the end of the arena:
    30tjult3ejup.png

My reward:
    gpblze6o6b30.png

My rank seconds after the arena started up again:
    utmxuxdc80d8.png

I guess from now on I should always assume the displayed rank is incorrect, and that you need to overshoot the threshold to be safe. It's a pretty unfortunate situation for a competitive game mode.
  • Options
    You claim that's your "rank at the end of the arena", but the timer clearly states 33m to go, which is more than ample time for somebody to attack you and drop you 500 ranks.
  • Options
    The arena was suspended at that point, the 33m is the countdown to when it resumes.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late reporting after the polls closed.
  • Options
    NivenFres wrote: »
    A fleet mate recently chimed in about not getting the proper arena credit rewards from achieving a rank. I had seen getting different ranks than what I was actually competing for, but hadn't noticed it being wrong. This morning I did and I took a few screenshots.

28ylrfv0u6vi.png
    In the first case, I don't remember what my starting rank was, but I was fighting for rank 6. When I won, I was told I was in 1st. For this I was awarded 10,000 credits.

6r92rk2pugts.png

So when I went back for another round, I had dropped to second place. I was only given one choice (1st) to fight. I won this fight and moved to first getting 15,000 credits.

So in one case, I got 10,000 credits for getting first and another 15,000.

This is not the first time I had jumped to 1st, even though that wasn't the rank I was actually attacking. I always figured this was due to the person changing ranks in the middle of my fight. But it seems like if I was awarded the rank of 1st, I should have gotten the reward as well.

[edit]
    Just to add, I did not check actual credits before or after. This is merely based on what is being displayed.

When you get to rank #1 and didn't actually click on the #1 ranked battle, you only get 10K credits. If you click on the #1 ranked, you'll always get 15k, even if you actually wind up 2nd or 3rd.

Something to do with simultaneous battles. It's been like this since time immemorial.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    When you get to rank #1 and didn't actually click on the #1 ranked battle, you only get 10K credits. If you click on the #1 ranked, you'll always get 15k, even if you actually wind up 2nd or 3rd.

Something to do with simultaneous battles. It's been like this since time immemorial.

Just did a fight against Rank #5. Was awarded 1st again, but got 15,000 credits this time. So the "only get 10k even though you were give #1" isn't 100% true. I have a screenshot of this, but since it doesn't show I was competing for #5, it doesn't really show anything.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯