Home The Bridge

Planned update for Teus. 13th, Players wanna know

MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
So any word on what we are looking at for updates in this one?

You guys were six kinds of vague in announcement

Possible bug fixs, upgrades to content,tracking software for bug hunts, testing something, new coffee flavor try outs for janeway?

We would like to know pretty please with sugar on top

P.S. any feedback to players on both German and english fourms about faction shuttle events seen a massive number of new threads this event about fails?

@Shan @Black Pebble

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Possible bug fixs, upgrades to content,tracking software for bug hunts, testing something, new coffee flavor try outs for janeway?

It's a database upgrade. While it is vague, you should assume none of the above. Put it in the generic "performance and stability fixes."
  • Ya but what fixes, still really vague

I do not like assuming, thus the thread to try and find out more information

Hate having to feel like i need a crowbar to try and pry info out of db lol

And reading thru fourm seems alot of other players feel the same way

• Dralix wrote: »

It's a database upgrade. While it is vague, you should assume none of the above. Put it in the generic "performance and stability fixes."

But thank you for the insight
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya but what fixes, still really vague

I do not like assuming, thus the thread to try and find out more information

Hate having to feel like i need a crowbar to try and pry info out of db lol

And reading thru fourm seems alot of other players feel the same way

Some information is none of our business.

But a database upgrade could mean a version upgrade of the software, or capacity upgrade, or maybe database optimization. But the details aren't really that important here - it's under the hood stuff.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So any word on what we are looking at for updates in this one?

You guys were six kinds of vague in announcement

We would like to know pretty please with sugar on top

P.S. any feedback to players on both German and english fourms about faction shuttle events seen a massive number of new threads this event about fails?

@Shan @Black Pebble

Chances are ,it might be related to the celebration. Possibly?

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Possibly, be nice if db would throw us some info tho, dont ya think?
    Possibly, be nice if db would throw us some info tho, dont ya think?

I get that the ywant the 500th Crew to be a thing. But, if the 500th is part of an Event, people still kinda need to know who else they need to level for the Event itself.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • @Shan

First - Thank you for the additional information
    2nd - Thank you for the warning so we are not all running around screaming that that sky is falling lol
    We do appreciate it

In concerns to information, i know you guys are busy bit was wondering if one of you could take a second to answer a question some of us players have been talking about?

Im a newsh player, so been doing alot of reading on old fourm and talking to older players

You guys used to seem really excited aboug stt and talking to player base (Q&A and fourm examples)

And some of us was wondering why this has changed and what we can do as players to maybe get somewhat back to that point

So the qeustion is what can we as players do to help the stt crew to maybe help free you guys up a bit more to talk with us about the game more and answer questions?

Spend more money so you guys can hire more crew, help the newer players with questions to free you guys more, not complain so much, what can we do to help you guys so we can hear more from you, you guys know where we could help the most

A lot of us are willing, becuase we love this game
    So let us help you to help us

Thanks
    Mbannar
    Shan wrote: »
    It is indeed "under the hood" stuff.
    Had it been game related stuff, details would have been provided.

Our main goal is to warn you of potential performance degradation during that time frame.

Thanx for the follow up!!!!!!

Scott

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan

2nd - Thank you for the warning so we are not all running around screaming that that sky is falling lol
    We do appreciate it

In concerns to information, i know you guys are busy bit was wondering if one of you could take a second to answer a question some of us players have been talking about?

Im a newsh player, so been doing alot of reading on old fourm and talking to older players

You guys used to seem really excited aboug stt and talking to player base (Q&A and fourm examples)

And some of us was wondering why this has changed and what we can do as players to maybe get somewhat back to that point

So the qeustion is what can we as players do to help the stt crew to maybe help free you guys up a bit more to talk with us about the game more and answer questions?

Spend more money so you guys can hire more crew, help the newer players with questions to free you guys more, not complain so much, what can we do to help you guys so we can hear more from you, you guys know where we could help the most

Thanks
    Mbannar

Not all questions can be answered that is just the way it is :)
    That does not mean threads are not read or that the feedback is being discarded.

As for being excited about STT and our players, that is still very much there.
    I know we were aiming for another Q/A at the beginning of the year, this has been delayed but it is still on our list!
  • Shan wrote: »
    @Shan

We do appreciate it

Thanks
    Mbannar

Not all questions can be answered that is just the way it is :)
    That does not mean threads are not read or that the feedback is being discarded.

As for being excited about STT and our players, that is still very much there.
    I know we were aiming for another Q/A at the beginning of the year, this has been delayed but it is still on our list!

Thanks for the time
    I know we get bitchy from time to time
    Looking foward to the Q&A
    If you guys think of a way we can help,
    throw us a sticky please
  • I think the upgrade started earlyhpwihg2s9frt.png
  • Someone sat on the big red button didnt they...lol
  • Mbannar wrote: »
    Someone sat on the big red button didnt they...lol

Luxuana Troi had another picnic on the Engineering console
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripped on the power cord for the NAS when adding another hard drive.
  • Janeway did not like the new flavor of coffee and airlocked everone...........
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current issue is unrelated to the database work scheduled for tomorrow :)
  • We know, pretty sure he was messing with you lol
  • Shan wrote: »

Thanks Shan. Glad you read the humor in my post. And thanks for responding quickly.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Thank you for being so even-keeled in your demeanor when responding, @Shan . I appreciate your professionalism in a difficult position. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • @Shan
    hard to show professionalism while under augment phase fire, but your pulling it off

Now fix bayonets on those phaser rifles and
    ....CHARGE....
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure it was this guy...

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

Dude your on point with the pics first hulk now groot lol
    edited February 2018

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

I think Groot is Vin Diesel’s best acting to date...

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

dmjvvukt4vk0.gif

I dont know he was good here too lol

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

I don't know about that, to me his performance was a bit too wooden.

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

dmjvvukt4vk0.gif

I dont know he was good here too lol

Ummm... we’re talking about Vin Diesel right?

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

I think you’re BARKing up the wrong TREE. Vin Diesel isnt ROOTed to the stereotype... in an interview, he said he wanted to turn over a new LEAF; to BRANCH out into something new.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Roger the Cabin Boy
    @Paund Skumm
    This is why I spend way too much time reading these forums. Thank you.

5e9yo2qvij5a.jpeg

I think you’re BARKing up the wrong TREE. Vin Diesel isnt ROOTed to the stereotype... in an interview, he said he wanted to turn over a new LEAF; to BRANCH out into something new.