Home Engineering Room
Options

stuck at 49/50 fleet members

Hello. I was a long-term lurker in the old forums, but I think I have an issue worth registering in the new forum for. I submitted a ticket long ago but havent heard anything yet with the current turnaround times. There was a post about this in the old forum but it did not get much attention so I decided to start a new one here to see if anyone else is effected.

I am the leader of a fleet that has been stuck at 49/50 members for over a month. Membership is set to "open". Whenever I remove members due to inactivity, it quickly fills up to 49/50, but that final potential member never shows up.

Comments

• Options
    Same thing happening in our fleet. We were eventually (8+ weeks in) told that we would have to start a new fleet. Since our starbase is at lev. 20, that's probably not going to happen.
  • Options
    Yep same with our fleet, my captain filed tickets for months, finally we started a new fleet. Fortunately it was before starbases.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    I have a similar issue. My fleet is at 50/50, I'm member number 50 but unable to join the last open squadron in the fleet. I originally joined the fleet right around the release of 3.0.

That means I've gone 3 events without participating in my squadron, despite both my squadron commander and myself submitting and updating our ticket on the issue.

And event number 4 starts tomorrow.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our fleet had the 49/50 bug so we broke down and broke it up. I've had issues with squads and usually a player or squad is ghosted to another squad. Cs was able to fix that problem though
  • Options
    It just happened to my fleet, and unfortunately I was the cause. Used 2 mobile devs on droid and played via google play. I never linked my account though, so probably just played as guest. When one of my droids reset, I logged back in to google and STT. Low and behold, it linked my email and created a new DBID.(I even received the achievement for linked account) One problem.. I was still logged in under old ID on other device with OLD DBID. The new DBID couldn't reconnect to my fleet because I was already there with the old DBID. CS said they can only find the new DBID. Fleet is stuck at 49/59.. old DBID is ghosted in the fleet. I could chat with them, see fleet etc but I was not there, not in squad, not even in fleet. I left fleet and reconnected with old.. same result. Meanwhile the new DBID can't connect at all, to old fleet or any fleet for that matter.

The fleet SB is level 23, tons of work into it. They are not going to want to disband to fix it, DB needs to find a way to fix this bug. People play on more than one device now days, that's just sloppy programming to allow that to happen. I'm not happy, and if my ID is permanently hosed I'm done playing DB games. Its a shame, I really like the product and one of the first games I've spent real money on. Come up DB, don't let me down.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I heard back from CS last week, and they sent me a list of fleet members. The good news is that it matched up with my records except for one slot that simply said "Could Not Be Located", so thats probably the source of the problem. The bad news is that my CS rep was Yannic and it was the day before he/she was laid off, so I have no idea if the ticket was reassigned or when this will be resolved. I hope they can simply remove the ghost captain; don't want to start over on the starbase either!
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took a while with the CS backlog, but they were able to remove the "ghost captain" and we are fully funtional. Everyone else who has the problem stick with it; its fixable.