Home The Bridge

Do you think that DB should leave game chat uncensored?

2»

Comments

• Yes
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Would that many people be upset if UC just suddenly disappeared and we just had fleet/Squad/PM chat?

I know I wouldn’t be upset except recruiting would be a bit different then too. It’s nice to screen candidates from UC.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Yes
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    There was a time when a certain player would come into chat and threaten to rape women and threaten to trace their IP address, bullying also went on in UC accusing people of pedophilia and beastiality. what we see as an annoying form of censorship eventually had to be introduced due to Pegi ratings when the game started it was Pegi 7 before changing to Pegi 12 would you like your 7-12yr old subjected to most of the content in UC?

I've personally spoken to people ingame and on line who were upset about threats against them and constant bullying who have since walked away from the game. The fact you can change your Captain name at will was intended for fun but got abused so bad DB had to implement something to protect some of their players. I myself have been asked if I was female and if I wanted to sext via ingame pm's. Not to mention 3 players who would pursue young girls under the age of 14 to sext and ask them for pictures.

One of these stt players was on line and when he sent someone an unsolicited pm she told him she was 15 to scare him away which didn't deter the person who proceeded to ask personal questions and then send pictures of his erect penis. So yeah the filter is annoying but there's a reason it's in place thank god you can't get pics in game🙈

For fleet chat's use external chat apps: Line, Discord, kik, Plexchat most group chats are moderated and most Fleets have an over 18 policy to join due to some memes and chat content being nsfw.

While you can block and mute it doesn't work when someone can create multiple accounts it's not an effective tool there's a spam filter on the forum to report players for content but not ingame if it was introduced and pulled up chat history when reported DB can issue warnings to those players or ban them out right if they feel the player has gone to far.

Those are some awful things. I can’t say I’m surprised by it. Kids have to grow up too fast these days dealing with garbage like that. Still I could live with a filter in UC if it was a viable one and not the inoperative heap that it is. I do feel like most players aren’t so horribly inappropriate and the vast minority is now causing DB to act against our best interest.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES