Home The Bridge

My Nanopolymers disappeared

AGAIN!!!!!

Had over 2K, now showing ZERO once again. Makes it kind of hard ot do the Fleet stuff, if the supplies just randomly go away......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you over 1000 unique inventory items?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Are you over 1000 unique inventory items?

685/1000. This happened maybe two weeks ago, too. Went to do the Starbase stuff, over 2K of NanoPolymers were missing. Same just now.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, I noticed this too. It happened to me weeks, if not months ago. I thought maybe I was going senile and did not ticket, but seeing this confirms that I should have. I wonder what triggers it? Ironically, I wonder if it involves having a certain amount in your inventory, or if your total gets wiped whenever you use one in a recipe. Might be worth taking this to the Engineering Room...
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • I was just playing around...here I’ll beam them back in just a second
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Now Secret, you know Celeres is our Second Officer. Be nice, give them back or you'll be assigned to Galley duty and peeling space potatoes.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got over 20k...I would be more than happy to share if I could.
  • Now Secret, you know Celeres is our Second Officer. Be nice, give them back or you'll be assigned to Galley duty and peeling space potatoes.

Transport complete
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now Secret, you know Celeres is our Second Officer. Be nice, give them back or you'll be assigned to Galley duty and peeling space potatoes.

Mmmmm.... space potatoes 🥔... grown by Ferengi Daemon Matt...

u2frg1m43p7x.jpeg
  • Mmmmm.... space potatoes 🥔... grown by Ferengi Daemon Matt...

u2frg1m43p7x.jpeg

That's Matt "Fake-Loki-Stage-Actor 'He-Who-Poos-What-He-Ate-To-Grow-More-Food-For-Poo' " Damon to you!
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Brilliant! I love our community!
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Now Secret, you know Celeres is our Second Officer. Be nice, give them back or you'll be assigned to Galley duty and peeling space potatoes.

Transport complete

Great! Let's just check the nanopolymer bin to make sure they're all there...

qyx7ch0izn8l.png

What is...oh my...

kqe1ybgcecg8.png

First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Transport complete

Great! Let's just check the nanopolymer bin to make sure they're all there...

qyx7ch0izn8l.png

What is...oh my...

kqe1ybgcecg8.png

NANNNNNNNNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AGAIN!!!!!

Had over 2K, now showing ZERO once again. Makes it kind of hard ot do the Fleet stuff, if the supplies just randomly go away......

Scott

You might want to re-post this in engineering since this thread is (has already been?) derailed by the minor detail that the item that disappeared is by far the most abundant item in the game (I'm currently maxed and wish I could spend them on something). However, items randomly disappearing is a serious bug!

that being said, afaik the only 3 documented ways to get rid of nanopolymer is:
    1. spend it on your starbase
    2. fuel your replicator
    3. be over the 1k item limit and have it automatically deleted.
    4. someone from CS is messing with you
  • Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Does the 1k limit still mean anything? I thought a patch in the past fixed that problem?

My inventory is approx @1060 unique items, and I haven't noticed anything. On the other hand, I don't think I notice much these days anyways...
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »
    Does the 1k limit still mean anything? I thought a patch in the past fixed that problem?

My inventory is approx @1060 unique items, and I haven't noticed anything. In the other hand, I don't think I notice much these days anyways...

I don't recall anything in the patch notes other than they got rid of the notice when you lose stuff. Mighta missed something tho.

Im relentless about keeping my inventory below 750 just in case.
  • Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »

My inventory is approx @1060 unique items, and I haven't noticed anything. On the other hand, I don't think I notice much these days anyways...

I don't recall anything in the patch notes other than they got rid of the notice when you lose stuff. Mighta missed something tho.

Im relentless about keeping my inventory below 750 just in case.

Thanks "Pall", I'll post a new note if I see changes on my end.
  • guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

this was the last time that I remember (or can find by searching) that the limit was mentioned in release notes: https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/67483/
    "• Players with over 1000 items in their inventory should no longer receive an “Item in Overflow” error and will be able to build and equip items. Items in overflow will be dismissed after 7 days."

but it sounds like they must have changed it without telling us since your overflow hasn't been deleted. (or never actually implemented the automatic deletion part of it.....)