Home Ready Room
Options

How Do You '@' Someone In A Comment When Their Name Includes Space Characters?

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ready Room
We have a number of players who have <Space> characters in their names here in the Forums, and I got stuck earlier today when trying to direct a message @ one such player; I assume there is a way to do this, and so I am hoping someone can share how :)

Best Answer

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Enclosing the name in quotes seems to work. You won't be able to select from the list, so copy & paste the name from one of their posts.
    @"Mirror Cartman"

@Mirror Cartman

Answers

• Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Type the @ symbol and start typing the the person's screen name. Should bring up a list where you can select them.

• Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    @The Great Gornholio - I have found this works sometimes, but not in all cases, as the list is limited to 5 options, and sometimes lots of players have the same leading characters (e.g. 'the'); is there a way to scroll through the list to see more than 5 names?
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    As far as I can tell there isn't a way to scroll, it just give you the 5 closest... hmmmm
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    @Shan - It would appear no one in the community is aware of how to address this problem in all instances. Can you please advise whether there is a way to @ a particular player who has a space in their name. For example, there are many who have a name beginning with 'Captain' - how can we direct a message to one of these specific captains if they are not 1 of the 5 who appear on our screen when we type the leading characters prior to the <Space>?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Enclosing the name in quotes seems to work. You won't be able to select from the list, so copy & paste the name from one of their posts.
    @"Mirror Cartman"

@Mirror Cartman

Thanks @Mirror Cartman - the quotes worked! :)