Home The Bridge

I want to buy the Reinforcements pack, but...

I’m guaranteed to waste money on it.

I don’t know the true odds, and the game isn’t complying with Apple’s requirements yet to disclose odds on loot boxes. But let’s say I have a 10% shot at getting a legendary, which is all I want from these packs, since I competed decently and fully fused the 4* characters already during the event.

On average I might need to put $100 in to get a legendary, because 9/10 packs will give me nothing other than a tiny amount of airlock honor for duplicates plus schematics I cant use.

I’m willing to spend money here. Please give us some way to buy packs like this that don’t involve guarantees of wasting money on rewards I can’t use.

At least give us more value for packs we do airlock. 500 honor to airlock a $10 pack is a huge deterrent just because some people who are bad at math and have large credit card limits might be tempted to go for broke. Give us a guaranteed value on every purchase, please. Or at least give us the odds of getting value from a purchase, as required in the development guidelines.

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    As far as the odds, I don't see how they'd help you decide. Let's assume they tell you there's a 10% chance of winning a featured 5*. Would it change your mind?

Of course the best value would have been to buy the 4* ($24.99 or $9.99) "character packs" during their events over the past couple of weeks. But DB, first you offered Celebration Ash Tyler on a week where we already had 4/4 of him from the event rewards. And then you offered Commander Thelin when I'm sure more people would have bitten on a final star for Commando Shran.

DB. Costing themselves money in bad sales decisions since 2017.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I want only Ushaan Shran, but the odds are likely criminally low.
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭

I don’t know the true odds, and the game isn’t complying with Apple’s requirements yet to disclose odds on loot boxes. But let’s say I have a 10% shot at getting a legendary, which is all I want from these packs, since I competed decently and fully fused the 4* characters already during the event.

On average I might need to put $100 in to get a legendary, because 9/10 packs will give me nothing other than a tiny amount of airlock honor for duplicates plus schematics I cant use.

I’m willing to spend money here. Please give us some way to buy packs like this that don’t involve guarantees of wasting money on rewards I can’t use.

At least give us more value for packs we do airlock. 500 honor to airlock a $10 pack is a huge deterrent just because some people who are bad at math and have large credit card limits might be tempted to go for broke. Give us a guaranteed value on every purchase, please. Or at least give us the odds of getting value from a purchase, as required in the development guidelines.

Completely agree. Fell for this before and got three reinforcement packs, and each one gave me Stamets, the only character in the pack I had FE/FF. Never again.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »

Completely agree. Fell for this before and got three reinforcement packs, and each one gave me Stamets, the only character in the pack I had FE/FF. Never again.

But it is a reinforcement pack and he is “reinforcement” Stamets... kinda makes sense.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of wastes of money, I pulled 0 legendaries from 15 premium packs yesterday. It's like they're trying to turn away the people that have already spent money. All it takes is a tiny guarantee on purchases (especially expensive ones), and we'd be coming back for more. Instead, they've closed my wallet for me.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must think we're idiots, but I'm not going to prove them right by buying one of these. ;)
  • I won’t buy any pack with a chance of getting Stoner Tyler. The card/art isn’t something I get hung up on for the most part but that’s the exception.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is zero risk. If you are willing to buy 10 packs if you are guaranteed a Legendary, then make the purchase. The Reinforcements pack is the same price as 10 of the regular packs and guarantees a Legendary.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I won’t buy any pack with a chance of getting Stoner Tyler. The card/art isn’t something I get hung up on for the most part but that’s the exception.

Get your facts straight. He's constipated, not stoned ;)
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I won’t buy any pack with a chance of getting Stoner Tyler. The card/art isn’t something I get hung up on for the most part but that’s the exception.

gernkjzcxoiu.png
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy it, one of the worst "values" in the game.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I resisted the urge as I already had Celeb Tyler and Tarah immortalised but couldn't help myself. Three packs later - two Tyler's, one Tarah, a bunch of other airlock fodder and a bag ful of regrets. Don't make my mistake.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is zero reason to buy a pack that has anything less than 3 desired cards...zero

Seconded. If you have one of the 3 immortalized already, you can pretty much guarantee that's the one you'll get. I've learned that from experience. I will NEVER buy packs now if I've already got one of the chars immortalized. I've just been burned way too many times.
    There is zero reason to buy a pack that has anything less than 3 desired cards...zero

Seconded. If you have one of the 3 immortalized already, you can pretty much guarantee that's the one you'll get. I've learned that from experience. I will NEVER buy packs now if I've already got one of the chars immortalized. I've just been burned way too many times.

Sometimes you just have to touch the stove a few times to finally learn how hot it is. ;)
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes you just have to touch the stove a few times to finally learn how hot it is. ;)

I’ve never understood how anyone falls for the hot stove thing... but licking a metal chain link fence when it’s really cold because it tastes like peppermint on the other hand...

I’ve never understood how anyone falls for the hot stove thing... but licking a metal chain link fence when it’s really cold because it tastes like peppermint on the other hand...

Ah wah nebbah do tha!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save my dilithium for event packs and then buy a bunch of one pack with a really good legendary. Better odds and better results.
    Let’s fly!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    |
    |

Times 1000. So easily fixable with worthwhile honor rates. The crew slot limit wouldn't hurt either.

I really feel like DB failed Business 99 6 times and then decided it was because the professors were wrong, not themselves.
  • I’m guaranteed to waste money on it.

Cant really win this , they will just do what they do on stuttle percentages, dablo wheel, etc etc and make it server wide

You have a 10%change in winning a 5*
    (Out of all packs sold)
    That number could be 100-100000 packs sold
    And just leave at whatever it is now and nothing you could do about it as db with never have to telll you how many packs sold,

Theres always a work around or loophole it seems

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Packs are a waste at the moment, why spend getting the character when to fuse him up would take multiple copies and a 1/5* just takes up space. I missed out on Scotty but I can live with that, I wasn't prepared to grind for him.

I'm just spending dil on voyage refreshes, costs me ~100dil for the 8hr refil and the honour return is around 10x that of packs and I have gotten some crew I dont have FF yet from them.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • I only want the three legendaries, but I have the three purples all immortalized, so there's no point buying this pack for me either. Annoying indeed.
  • I got two as only had Stoned Tyler FF, and was hunting a second Saru, so figured odds were good I'd usable crew.

First pack got me my Thelin FF, which was fine, second was Stoned Tyler, which was not. Something needs doing, not sure if it's increasing Honour, but something has to give. Even getting the option to swap a card for a citation once a week would help.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed. Why is Formal Dress Scotty in the pack? He isn't bonus crew in the ongoing event. He was only good the first week.