Home Make It So!
Options

Chroniton Bank

[BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
When the game started out there was a trickle of chronitons to level crew then Galaxy events and chron packs/deals where introduced once you go over the cap it goes green highliting you cannot earn more free chrons this was probably an unintended issue at the time.

Between voyages, Gauntlet, chroniton packs/deals this format is punishing players from earning free chronitons in most cases after purchases with Dilithium including cadet tickets.

I suggest a UI where you can remove chrons once you go over the cap allowing you to earn those free daily chrons allowing the players to transfer chrons from their "Bank" as they need them. Sure some people will hoard chrons there for a galaxy events in the future after spending and stockpiling over a period of time but not everybody plays the game in the same manner.

I hope this is something that's looked at in a future update.

Comments

• Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it so ..... RIP thread
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a Chroniton Bank, especially when you get these 1'250 chroniton offers and you have to spend them immediately to get chroniton regeneration again as soon as possible to not lose any more chronitons.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    TBH I think this would further widen the gap between the 2 poles of players people who can spend copious amounts for chrons can now farm for them 24/7 and still reap the additional benefits so you will have all the P2W sit and block the leader boards all the way down.

The way i look at it is Chroniton management is a part of the challenge of the game as crew slot management is. The choice is you either take the hit of no chroniton every 6 minutes or dip under your threshold so you still get them.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    TBH I think this would further widen the gap between the 2 poles of players people who can spend copious amounts for chrons can now farm for them 24/7 and still reap the additional benefits so you will have all the P2W sit and block the leader boards all the way down.

The way i look at it is Chroniton management is a part of the challenge of the game as crew slot management is. The choice is you either take the hit of no chroniton every 6 minutes or dip under your threshold so you still get them.

P2W players play galaxy events? I'm pretty sure most if not all quit at thresholds. I know Many who have 100k+ chrons yet never place in the top 5k. How many sub VIP 14's have won galaxy events in the past compared to VIP 14's?

It's not chron management when your losing out on daily chrons because you made purchases. People went nuts at a loss of 100 chrons from starbase being maxed yet you lose double that amount daily if above the cap
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never go beyond the cap unless a voyage comes home or after buying the "cheaper" super chroniton offers during Galaxy events.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options

Actually I disagree, this might in fact be a good thing for F2P-members.
    This way they could collect a big amount of chrons that might make them competitive in galaxy events.
    Agreed, they wouldn't be able to do that every week, but once in a while they might 'empty their checking account'.
    Besides isn't this kind of like a lot of people do: leave the messages from DB with chronitons attached in the inbox till a moment they think thye would benefit most from them?

Roger

• Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the minute we do have a Chroniton Bank of sorts.. the ingame mailbox most chrons are stored here till the player decides to cash them out so to speak. At least the bank will allow for some sort of strategy to the game whether it's stockpiling chrons for galaxy events, Race on FTM, levelling new crew, clearing old/new episodes.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

P2W players play galaxy events? I'm pretty sure most if not all quit at thresholds. I know Many who have 100k+ chrons yet never place in the top 5k. How many sub VIP 14's have won galaxy events in the past compared to VIP 14's?

It's not chron management when your losing out on daily chrons because you made purchases. People went nuts at a loss of 100 chrons from starbase being maxed yet you lose double that amount daily if above the cap

I agree that is chroniton mismanagement what you are detailing in the last para, there are other ways to using your chronitons wisely and staying below your chroniton threshold. Burning through 1000 chrons in a galaxy event is less that 2 chronitons worth of freebies that you would potentially miss, and you only have to pull them out of the mail box when you require it. As to voyages you don't have to claim it it till your ready, but in reality there will always be cards you can work on, or farming particular staple equipment, just to keep your chrons under the threshold and keep those freebies ticking over. As I said it is a question of how you use the game dynamics and work around them.

I honestly couldn't answer the 1st part but in most recent (galaxy) events there have been many winners who have clearly invested a lot of $$$ to the game (i could use expletives to describe the amount but will refrain). But even if they weren't wouldn't that also mean the current system is working out more for those that don't spend a lot of money on the game?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why a bank? Just let regeneration not be capped.
    I suppose you are saying people need to log in to put them in the bank. So I guess a bank would be the preferred choice.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with mailstored chronitons is, they are not endless. Some day you will not have any sorrytons left. :)
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I suppose you are saying people need to log in to put them in the bank. So I guess a bank would be the preferred choice.

Because people could stop playing for a month and when they come back have enough chrons to obliterate a galaxy event to the extent that they would look like they were cheating. I believe the chron cap itself was set there in order to regulate the economy in the game already, however I think yearly they should increase it to accommodate the amount of players that has grown over the past year. TBH i really need more chrons, especially since the amount of purple and gold crew just keeps rising where the blue green and grey keep falling in comparison... Having nearly half my crew gold and the other half purple the leveling process has slowed to crawl. Doubling my chrons would make it easier. But also have to remember that every two hours of play you also get more chrons during the day, which if they extended it through the night would it could be alot more comfortable chroniton wise even with cap as it is. (to clarify) in daily every two hours i collect chronitons from the daily menu, this occurs from the time that the dabo wheel resets and ends when the daily board resets... If I played during the hours in between that I would just miss out on those chronitons that are available to players that can play during those hours.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizzdome wrote: »

Because people could stop playing for a month and when they come back have enough chrons to obliterate a galaxy event to the extent that they would look like they were cheating. I believe the chron cap itself was set there in order to regulate the economy in the game already, however I think yearly they should increase it to accommodate the amount of players that has grown over the past year. TBH i really need more chrons, especially since the amount of purple and gold crew just keeps rising where the blue green and grey keep falling in comparison... Having nearly half my crew gold and the other half purple the leveling process has slowed to crawl. Doubling my chrons would make it easier. But also have to remember that every two hours of play you also get more chrons during the day, which if they extended it through the night would it could be alot more comfortable chroniton wise even with cap as it is. (to clarify) in daily every two hours i collect chronitons from the daily menu, this occurs from the time that the dabo wheel resets and ends when the daily board resets... If I played during the hours in between that I would just miss out on those chronitons that are available to players that can play during those hours.

How does having a chron bank allow you to accumulate chrons after being inactive a month?

What was suggested was manually removing chrons to a storage "Bank" once at the cap or before it allowing it to continue to regenerate chronitons
    If you don't log in your at capacity and don't generate any more if anything it encourages daily play to transfer chrons for storage
  • Options
    WizzdomeWizzdome ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Wizzdome wrote: »

How does having a chron bank allow you to accumulate chrons after being inactive a month?

What was suggested was manually removing chrons to a storage "Bank" once at the cap or before it allowing it to continue to regenerate chronitons
    If you don't log in your at capacity and don't generate any more if anything it encourages daily play to transfer chrons for storage

(my response was for the quoted part of removing the cap) the bank however would not be beneficial if you were spending the chronitons as intended on crew... the galaxy events people save up for are designed to teach people how to build items to level up character the same way faction events are to teach how to run shuttles for the same purpose. If free to play people can save their chronitons for galaxy events by playing and saving the daily bonuses every two hours as well as farm the chronitons from voyages past the chroniton cap I am sure everyone is capable of the same. In this way that it is already set it encourages continual play by all captains a bank would not give you more than you can get already to be honest and if you are in an active fleet you can receive nearly your entire cap(depending on your level) each day. Honestly I think the only real bonus that DB could give to the accumulation of chronitons would be to continue the daily bonuses 24\7 every 2 hours as is set for a 12 hour period now.
  • Options
    Chronos are needed more than anything else in the game. They need to be increased in any way possible. Even if they don't like the idea of the bank, the cap should be raised.... a lot. The starbase increase is completely inadequate.
  • Options
    Chronos are needed more than anything else in the game. They need to be increased in any way possible. Even if they don't like the idea of the bank, the cap should be raised.... a lot. The starbase increase is completely inadequate.

Agreed, a bank would definitely be a good thing. People would still splurge on the crono offers during each galaxy event. Fyi I'm still not happy a out having to choose between the event or leveling crew.... But DB refuses to hear the players on this.