Home Ready Room

Blue Star Advice

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
With slots a premium and distractions of events, I am starting to accumulate a lot of blue cards that are immortalising fodder. All of them are fully fused and according to the cost estimator appear to be average difficulty rating bar the last 4, but which in your opinion is the easiest to level up:

Surgeon Phlox 80
Klingon Dukat 80
Gilora Rejal 70
Donik 70
Tuvok 60 - Undecided whether to immortalise as I don't have Tuvix yet
Chekov 60 - Seems a prime candidate as can't be used for cadets.
Rifle Janeway 60
The Viceroy 50
Saavik 40
Smiley 40
Reyga 30

Koloth 60
Deanna Troi 50
Expedition Shran 40 - probably should be a priority to event but I am also working on Purples.
Talos IV Spock 30
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Marko RamiusMarko Ramius ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Klingon Dukat, Saavik, Expedition Shran, and Talos IV Spock are the only ones worth keeping active.The rest you can immortalize and freeze, or if you're in a crew slot pinch, they can be outright airlocked. Check out my Cadet Challenge Reference Sheet for more help with cadets.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S_yqmSXvGxTTNTRzJ4NVdPaUE

I would just work on leveling those 4 crew to build up your cadet challenge base, then you can work on and freeze the others at your leisure. I do remember Rifle Janeway (with the exception of her compression rifles) and Smiley O'Brien being relatively easy to level early on. As you get more experienced, any 3* can be leveled to 100 in a day or two.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Dukat, Saavik, Expedition Shran, and Talos IV Spock are the only ones worth keeping active.The rest you can immortalize and freeze, or if you're in a crew slot pinch, they can be outright airlocked. Check out my Cadet Challenge Reference Sheet for more help with cadets.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S_yqmSXvGxTTNTRzJ4NVdPaUE

I would just work on leveling those 4 crew to build up your cadet challenge base, then you can work on and freeze the others at your leisure. I do remember Rifle Janeway (with the exception of her compression rifles) and Smiley O'Brien being relatively easy to level early on. As you get more experienced, any 3* can be leveled to 100 in a day or two.

Thanks Marko, I am ok for challenges, I was really just after impressions of which ones are easiest to level up and immortalise fastest.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy ones ... naturally this is relative, as you'll need the items in inventory ... I found were:

Reyga - if you have some Ferengi items in stock he is a breeze.

Tuvok (really easy!!) - basically really easy, just standard stuff and with one Voyage chron. batch you should be able to immortalise him. Just immortalise Tuvok and work on Tuvix in the future ... not really worth it and will take up a ton of crew slots until you manage to fully fuse Tuvix.

Chekov - The 3* Power Cells are the most irritating ... but even those can be obtained with a few well-placed AD warps.

Rifle Janeway - gets a little rough towards the end, but fine in general.

Don't bother with:
    Talos IV Spock - ouch
    Deanna Troi - oh man, she took me ages to fully equip.
    Expedition Shran - he's proving more difficult than some of the 4*s I've recently equipped!
    Surgeon Phlox - unless you are stocked with MED/SCI stuff, I'd stay well clear if you are in a rush.
    The Viceroy - too many different faction items.
    if you are in a rush.

For crew like Saavik ... well, she might be your weekend SCI crew in the end, so you won't be opening up crew slots even if you get her to 100 (she's really handy).

The rest are all average, I have no recollection of levelling them at all. I'd start with Reyga (double check to see if you have his Ferengi stuff), as he really is very easy ... and then work my way down the easy list.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Easy ones ... naturally this is relative, as you'll need the items in inventory ... I found were:

Reyga - if you have some Ferengi items in stock he is a breeze.

Tuvok (really easy!!) - basically really easy, just standard stuff and with one Voyage chron. batch you should be able to immortalise him. Just immortalise Tuvok and work on Tuvix in the future ... not really worth it and will take up a ton of crew slots until you manage to fully fuse Tuvix.

Chekov - The 3* Power Cells are the most irritating ... but even those can be obtained with a few well-placed AD warps.

Rifle Janeway - gets a little rough towards the end, but fine in general.

Thanks RaraRacing, not sure about Reyga I used a lot up when I was immortalising, Cadet Nog but I'll look into him when faction events/rewards are through, so I'll concentrate on Tuvok, Chekov and Janeway in the meantime.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m mostly a noob and I did Tuvok in a few hours.

I ran into Ambassador Neelix on a voyage, and I had a FF Tuvok at level 10, so I decided to go for it. I got him to 99 FE by the time Neelix was home. (: