Home The Bridge

Next Event Notification

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
Prior to the current Friday/Tuesday event announcements, we used to get all of the information on the next event a week in advance. This gave a full week to work on event crew. Should DB go back to giving us a full week notice on all event details, even if it means they are subject to change?

Next Event Notification 79 votes

I don't care if there is a chance it could change. I want as much notice as possible
35%
Warrior Willouss_bonaventureFor CardassiaProsserZombie Squirrel MordackCaptain Lost William T. RikerGrant77[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerHassinator(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Agge(10F)GeekgirlDrone_one[S47] ELiLThe Great Gornholio[GoT] Unsober Shimoda[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF) 28 votes
Things are fine now. Two days notice is sufficient for all the details.
26%
izausomeRocpile[TUFG] SiguardehmigaJim RaynorTheGreyKnightIrialDittoArrnoxJean-Luc KenobiCrunchyFleet[TFA] Shin's OnGib - Admiral MarinersSiegfried SST - 9of7Capt. Pete Owencaptain_yarprometheus1701[7TW] Attack EyebrowsDavideBooks 21 votes
They should post a detailed event schedule that always lists the next 4 events but subject to change
32%
AviTrekCaptain_Who/SSR/ Captain S'logCaptainUnderpants[NDQ] Joker41NAM[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Nad Hal[QH] Oxmyx[QH] He-Who-MeowsAlthea BiermontPallidyneAHSOG2Hungry Dog DDM12345678 of 123456789FutureImperfectaK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All Dteabowdyshahekee[FF] Vice Admiral NairneNone 26 votes
Other (Explain in a post)
5%
DralixSabine of AthensMagisseRaraRacing 4 votes

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    While, clearly, I would enjoy as much notice as possible, hearing about the specific event crew on Friday is plenty of time for me to make choices in regards to my crew.

For this week, for example, they wanted to keep their bit "500" reveal a secret for a little while. Surprise surprise, it was Sarek who only has one variant that wasn't already included. This should have a minimal impact on everyone.

The only information we're regularly not getting until the "week of" are specific factions and stats. Specific factions don't impact my planning too much and we've NEVER received stats until the packs are released.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if there is a chance it could change. I want as much notice as possible
    I'll take the information as early as possible, even if things change a bit.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with things changing, the heads-up is appreciated. One week was great for stockpiling chrons/transmissions, thawing crew and levelling crew.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    I voted other because I don't see the point of this. The change has been made, and I don't think there's any delusion that the players are happy with it. But it is what it is.
    This. I think we can all agree that we want the info earlier, but they said they can't do it. (Still unclear why that is, but that's where we are.) And personally I wouldn't want inaccurate info just to get it earlier, not to mention all the headaches and pitchforks there'd be if they changed something.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    I voted other because I don't see the point of this. The change has been made, and I don't think there's any delusion that the players are happy with it. But it is what it is.
    This. I think we can all agree that we want the info earlier, but they said they can't do it. (Still unclear why that is, but that's where we are.) And personally I wouldn't want inaccurate info just to get it earlier, not to mention all the headaches and pitchforks there'd be if they changed something.

They have the information, but are too disorganized to release it in a timely and accurate manner. Thus, they wait until the last minute. That's painfully obvious.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

I feel like that's the real issue.

I personally don't care if the information changes, so long as it's made clear that it's a possibility. It seems though, that other people would get all up in arms about levelling crew they didn't need to etc. and so long as that's the case, DB will (understandably) try to avoid that.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • I remember the days when we used to get the event info in our in-game mailboxes. Crew, stats, factions, etc,.

I guess DB just can't afford the bandwidth.
  • I don't care if there is a chance it could change. I want as much notice as possible
    I remember the days when we used to get the event info in our in-game mailboxes. Crew, stats, factions, etc,.

It's very disappointing that in this regard DB have gone backwards in terms of player communications. I remember asking Shan why we couldn't have that information sent to us in-game anymore, and not receiving a clear answer.
  • Mordack wrote: »
    I remember the days when we used to get the event info in our in-game mailboxes. Crew, stats, factions, etc,.

It's very disappointing that in this regard DB have gone backwards in terms of player communications. I remember asking Shan why we couldn't have that information sent to us in-game anymore, and not receiving a clear answer.

I'm not sure if Shan has any other roles at DB but community managers typically get very little info from the devs/tptb and can often only say what they're told to say.

One friend of mine had that role with Interplay/Black Isle and another did it for Ubisoft and you're really very much caught in the middle between the fans/customers and the people signing your pay cheque. I don't envy Shan at all.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should post a detailed event schedule that always lists the next 4 events but subject to change
    Mordack wrote: »

Because when it's a link to a forum post, DB can change the forum and pretend the old message doesn't exist. When they send it in game people have the record.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I liked it when we got the info on Wednesday a week in advance ... but am okay with how it is now (Friday) though I may lament the "old days" like some grumpy grandpa.

I have no illusion that it will change back though, I mean ... wow ... people on the forum got all twisted and irritated when a small mistake was made ... or wanting more details on who would be eligible for bonuses ... etc. etc.

I understand why they want to push the date back as far as possible, means they'll have to del with less irate players if there is a glitch in the info somewhere.

I personally feel that it is the fault of both parties that there is not more openness around information. DB in the way they manage communication and the players for how they react on the forums ... this does not make it a healthy relationship.

So ... ah well.
  • I don't care if there is a chance it could change. I want as much notice as possible
    The amount of flack DB gets is a real problem. I know players are competitive but, I get quite spun out by how people react to quite minor things.

On the other hand, the way this game is set up is really opaque. I think that's a contributing factor, because the tiniest detail becomes more important when you don't know much.

I personally would like more info, for the very reason outlined above. Do I bother in this event or wait for the next one? Either way, I'm going to be participating in some more than others. But indeed. Stepping back from the weekly 'event' might be a good way to stop worrying about it. Maybe I'll just hop in when I'm keen, and do the minimum when I'm not, and not worry about it. Trying to do well every week is a grind, and massively time consuming. It's not healthy and that's why I'd like advance notice so I can plan more easily what I'm going to do. This game might be designed to run my time but I'm ultimately in control of that so I need to take control. So I vote 'as much time as possible'.

And I'm glad DB doesn't send much info in-game. If it wasn't for that lack of communication I wouldn't have looked for it elsewhere and found the wiki and the forums.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/