Home Engineering Room
Options

DBID Not Linked with my Email - Can't Log Into Game

{DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Engineering Room
Please look at Request #396866. My DBID has never been associated properly with my email address. Yesterday I had some issues loading the game (probably due to the server push you did), and was stuck at the "Cleaning Gravitation Well" for over an hour and several app close and openings. So I decided to delete the app and reload it. 61MB download of the app, open it up, wait almost 10 minutes for it to download the content again, only to be shown the Introduction sequence. I went through it and then found the option to login to my account with my email/password. I did that, it said to restart the game. I did that and I'm still an L3 noobie. So I tried logging in using Facebook thinking maybe that is where the account was linked. Nope, and now I can't log out of my Facebook account in STT.

Please attach the proper DBID to my email account. This issue has gone all the way back 2 years when you gave out Mirror Spock as a sorry-crew. I never got it and had to submit a ticket with my shown DBID in-game to get it. Not sure how my iPhone has held the correct DBID for so long.

Currently my Voyage has probably failed, I'm not getting honor/chrons from my fleet, I can't earn or level my crew for the event, and I may or may not get the 500th Sarek crew (again, which I won't be able to level in time for the event). Please resolve this issue so I can get back in and ready for the event tomorrow.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry this happened. Support will get back to you as soon as they can.
  • Options
    What I typed above is basically identical to what I have in the support ticket with the removal of any personal info. I get a wonderful response from DB stating "I have sent you a link to reset your password". Wait, Huh? In what sense of my request above does it state that I have lost my password? I could see support saying "Oh, you're using the wrong email address for that DBID, the email associated with it is xxxxx".

PLEASE @Shan, have someone take a look at my ticket and respond properly... either associate the DBID I've been using with my email address, or say "hey dummy, you're using the wrong email attached to your Level 70 DBID you've given us". I do have 5 or 6 emails, but only use this specific one for gaming and for STT. And I have tried sending password reset requests to my other emails, only for them to say "Failed - this email address is not on file with DB", so I know it's not any of the others.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I typed above is basically identical to what I have in the support ticket with the removal of any personal info. I get a wonderful response from DB stating "I have sent you a link to reset your password". Wait, Huh? In what sense of my request above does it state that I have lost my password? I could see support saying "Oh, you're using the wrong email address for that DBID, the email associated with it is xxxxx".

PLEASE @Shan, have someone take a look at my ticket and respond properly... either associate the DBID I've been using with my email address, or say "hey dummy, you're using the wrong email attached to your Level 70 DBID you've given us". I do have 5 or 6 emails, but only use this specific one for gaming and for STT. And I have tried sending password reset requests to my other emails, only for them to say "Failed - this email address is not on file with DB", so I know it's not any of the others.

I am sorry and I brought it up to the team lead's attention.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @[7TW] Captain Jello , @Shan,

This is very similar to what happened to me yesterday. During the issues with logging in via Steam my account was messed up. I had tried using my email and logging in. When that didn't work I tried to log in via Facebook also and somehow my account has gotten merged or something with another and instead of a level 27 Captain, I have a level 4 with only a handful of crew that I didn't have before. I had opened a ticket as well (#397188), and have not yet heard any kind of response or acknowledgement at all. It is particularly frustrating considering I also recently purchased dilithium and that is gone now too. In some ways it's a small comfort to know that I'm not the only one having account issues like this. On the other hand, it is frustrating and I would hate to have lost everything. I hope someone gets back to me soon.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silik wrote: »
    @[7TW] Captain Jello , @Shan,

This is very similar to what happened to me yesterday. During the issues with logging in via Steam my account was messed up. I had tried using my email and logging in. When that didn't work I tried to log in via Facebook also and somehow my account has gotten merged or something with another and instead of a level 27 Captain, I have a level 4 with only a handful of crew that I didn't have before. I had opened a ticket as well (#397188), and have not yet heard any kind of response or acknowledgement at all. It is particularly frustrating considering I also recently purchased dilithium and that is gone now too. In some ways it's a small comfort to know that I'm not the only one having account issues like this. On the other hand, it is frustrating and I would hate to have lost everything. I hope someone gets back to me soon.

I am sorry this happened to you as well, with the information you provided Support will be able to track your original DBID down and sort this out for you.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    @Shan ,

Thank you. It has been three (3) days like this and I have not yet received a response or even acknowledgement of my ticket to know it is being worked on. It is rather frustrating, not hearing anything. I would gladly provide any additional information needed to help find and restore my proper account.

silik
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silik wrote: »
    @Shan ,

Thank you. It has been three (3) days like this and I have not yet received a response or even acknowledgement of my ticket to know it is being worked on. It is rather frustrating, not hearing anything. I would gladly provide any additional information needed to help find and restore my proper account.

silik

I see that you have now received a reply, you should now be able to access your account again.