Home The Bridge

Question about the Dilithium overload offer

NasHamNasHam ✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
The offer is 700 crystals + 300 bonus crystals + 500 VIP points for $9.99 USD. In the time portal, when you buy 700 crystals, you get 700 crystals + 250 bonus crystals + 500 VIP points for $9.99. The offer says 40% bonus (which I take as 40% more crystals from the wording).

So please explain to me how 50 more crystals adds up to 40% more crystals?

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    "And any additional VIP bonus Dilithium."

The bonus you see in the portal is based on your VIP level. The 300 bonus from the offer is in addition to that.
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    That 700+300 does not include your VIP bonus. You still get the bonus crystals on top of it.
  • neither of you are making sense to me. The offer is 700 crystals, + 300 crystals + 500 VIP points.

The time portal offers 700 crystals + 250 crystals + 500 vip points.

To me that is only 50 more crystals than what the time portal offers. whatever vip bonus crystals I get would be the same from either the offer or the time portal since both give 500 vip points. So I would get the same amount of crystals from VIP no matter which one I purchase.

So I don't get it. where is the 40% more bonus crystals? 50 crystals do not add up to 40%.

700 crystals (both offers)
    300 extra crystals (bonus crystals where as time portal gives 250 bonus crystals)
    500 VIP ( both offers give this and both offers would give the same amount of VIP crystals)

What am I not seeing in this cause it makes no sense to me.
  • The offer doesn't list the VIP bonus dilithium which you will also get when purchasing the overload offer. so you will get 700 crystals + 300 crystals (40 % more) + 250 crystals (VIP bonus) + 500 VIP points in total. Does that clear it up?
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    NasHam wrote: »
    neither of you are making sense to me. The offer is 700 crystals, + 300 crystals + 500 VIP points.

To me that is only 50 more crystals than what the time portal offers. whatever vip bonus crystals I get would be the same from either the offer or the time portal since both give 500 vip points. So I would get the same amount of crystals from VIP no matter which one I purchase.

So I don't get it. where is the 40% more bonus crystals? 50 crystals do not add up to 40%.

300 extra crystals (bonus crystals where as time portal gives 250 bonus crystals)
    500 VIP ( both offers give this and both offers would give the same amount of VIP crystals)

The 250 Bonus Dilithium you get for your VIP Level.

{So it would be 700+300+250=1250}

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

The part where the offer says "and any additional VIP bonus Dilithium provided by purchasing the bundle" (in your case 250).

700 dil plus a 40% bonus (really like 42.8%) of 300 plus the normal VIP crystals of in your case 250.
  • Not really. cause the time portal would give 700 crystals + 250 crystals + 250 VIP crystals. Which still is only 50 crystals less than the offer.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really. cause the time portal would give 700 crystals + 250 crystals + 250 VIP crystals. Which still is only 50 crystals less than the offer.

The portal gives 700 crystals plus your VIP bonus crystals. There is no 250 + another 250.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Not really. cause the time portal would give 700 crystals + 250 crystals + 250 VIP crystals. Which still is only 50 crystals less than the offer.

The portal would not give you 700+250+250 it would only give you the 700+250 (VIP).
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    As a VIP 14, if I bought the offer, I would get 1250 dil vs the typical 950.
  • When looking in the Get Dilithium screen, the bonus Dilithium displayed for each purchase, takes into account your current VIP level.

https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216799167-VIP-how-does-the-Dilithium-bonus-work
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I needed dil and was waiting for this one to return. Nice timing!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This offer is not as good as the 2500 dil. Offer for $10.00 . But you might have a long wait for that one to return.
  • It's still a so-so offer at best. Then again, I rarely ever buy dilithium straight up (aside from the monthly card). Usually I get the character specials during events if I'm interested in new cards. Much more effective use of my entertainment dollars.
  • This offer is an easy pass. 300 "Free" Dilithium is not worth it lol
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This offer is an easy pass. 300 "Free" Dilithium is not worth it lol

Unless you were going to buy $10 worth of dilithium anyway, I suppose. Personally I never buy straight DIL over the monthly card, I buy offers like the 9.99 10x10-pull and the Sunday 9.99 crew offer. Sadly, I haven't gotten the first offer in over a month, and they keep picking the character I don't want for the Sunday offer. DB loves saving me money!
  • That $9.99 for 10 pulls seems to be gonzo
  • NasHam wrote: »
    neither of you are making sense to me. The offer is 700 crystals, + 300 crystals + 500 VIP points.

I know. It's really not much of a deal at all.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That $9.99 for 10 pulls seems to be gonzo

They don't seem to go backwards on the offers. If buy the $10 offer, you'll keep getting them. They occasionally try to entice you with a $25 offer. If you bite, then they'll keep giving you $25 offers. Buy a $50? You keep getting $50 offers. Buy $100 and you get $100 offers. They will rarely slip in a lower price one once you've bought higher, but it only seems to be if they are offering that to everyone.

Now does it continue like that if you stop spending? Not sure. They may have the algorithm set up so if you go long enough without buying an offer they'll drop back down to the next lower price offer to see if you'll buy that one.
  • That $9.99 for 10 pulls seems to be gonzo

They don't seem to go backwards on the offers. If buy the $10 offer, you'll keep getting them. They occasionally try to entice you with a $25 offer. If you bite, then they'll keep giving you $25 offers. Buy a $50? You keep getting $50 offers. Buy $100 and you get $100 offers. They will rarely slip in a lower price one once you've bought higher, but it only seems to be if they are offering that to everyone.

Now does it continue like that if you stop spending? Not sure. They may have the algorithm set up so if you go long enough without buying an offer they'll drop back down to the next lower price offer to see if you'll buy that one.

That sounds like DB.
    I’ve not spent more than a $24.99 offer in months. But I’d better start passing on them for awhile and keep it at $0.00-$9.99