Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage error?

Trying to start a voyage, it complains that my ship name is against starfleet regulations?
I've tried several:

the default: Prakesh
variations on my userid:
Ditto01
Ditto-003

all are rejected ? What are the "new" rules for naming voyages now ??

Comments

• Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    hmm .. I did finally get:
    Ditto-0387 to work ... is it just I'm hitting somebody else's voyage name? or do I have to pick a new one every time now ??
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind a clarification from DB on the checks for the Voyage name .. :)
    It would be nice to know what rules we need to obey when naming our voyage.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »
    hmm .. I did finally get:
    Ditto-0387 to work ... is it just I'm hitting somebody else's voyage name? or do I have to pick a new one every time now ??

I hope this doesn't mean you had to try 386 other names before that one worked. ;)

Would be surprised if you can't choose a unique name that's being used by someone else. Seems like that would happen quite a lot. I know you can reuse names, too, so that's not a built-in limitation. Maybe the previous names didn't have enough characters?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    lol .. no, I tried a "random number" .. after I tried:
    Prakesh (default - i usualy can't be bothered to change it)
    Ditto01
    Ditto-003
    then just tried random number 0387 :) hehe
    so took 4 tries ... but still ... weird .. never happened before, hasn't happened since .. so would love to get some feedback from DB on what this error is / means .. and how to avoid in future :)
  • Options
    I had this problem a week or two back. I never rename my voyages, so when I got this name error for the default name, I just waited for about an hour and then the problem went away on it's own.