Home Ready Room
Options

Merit Pull Rewards

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
I succumb to temptation today and bought several merit rewards. I was surprised to pull three of them in a row where all I received were common and uncommon crew. Not a 3* or 4* in sight. Is there not a minimum value awarded for what is a relatively expensive merit pull?
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get anything from a 1* to a 5*, but 1's, 2's & 3's are by far the most common drops.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    On my secondary account, I did 5 pulls in a row some time back, and got nothing higher than a 2*. Then a week or so later, since I had accumulated a stash of over 10,000 Merits, I decided to do another one, and got a Legendary crew. So yeah, anything can happen... not that it will. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I got 2 age of sail la forges in one pull took him from a 1* to a 3*. I keep a 1000 merits on hand so if i need to by something from a faction i can but when i get to 1725 i buy a merit pack.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done about 15 I think ... usually 1 after an event and one or so a week ... I like to keep my Merits above 3000.

So I've obtained 2 or 3 4*s from those pulls ... but I've also had ones that are 2x 1* and a 2* or 2x 3* and a 2* ... so not exact (I don't keep track) but, around 3 out of 45 have been 4* ... the rest a boatload of Honor.
  • Options
    ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    My first ever merit pull got me a legendary Janeway. Nothing good since sadly.
  • Options
    I've tried a grand total of three merit pulls and never gotten higher than 2* crew. I'd rather save merits to buy equipment in Faction stores.
  • Options
    Got a legendary and half a dozen Epics, including two in the same hand.

I'll keep pulling, personally.

j953obattpvw.png
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    I got 2 age of sail la forges in one pack , if you have spare merits its worth a pull worst case you get some honour.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Four legendaries in my first 20 pulls. It's pretty random, like everything else.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did a few pulls because... well, just because. I got nothing much for the most part, but am pleased that I finally got a third star for my 3* Ezri.
  • Options
    I did ten pulls yesterday and got two 5*, but no 4*. Another star for Changling Founder was awesome though.
    Colored Tribbles Fleet recruiting now - lvl 30 and above are welcome!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve only ever gotten a single Super-rare from the Merit Pull, no Legendaries. I wonder if there’s some other factor than RNG, like VIP Level.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I’ve only ever gotten a single Super-rare from the Merit Pull, no Legendaries. I wonder if there’s some other factor than RNG, like VIP Level.

I would be extremely surprised if there was anything like that, since I got a Legendary from a Merit pull on an alt account, which is VIP0 and captain level 36. Of course, that was one pull out of maybe 8 or 10 that I've done there.

Edit: I also got a Legendary on my main (VIP14) account, in case you may have been thinking it was biased in the other direction. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    never seen a behold from merit pulls, but i did get revolution damar and kai opaka from them. :) I'll keep on pulling.
  • Options
    I got a few extra stars on various characters, also got me a waitress Ezri, so was pleased, plus a load of honor, did drop a load of merits but don't really use them anywhere else
  • Options
    I believe there are no beholds in merit pulls. However, I have received 2 legendary crew from them (out of ~25-30 pulls). I pull occasionally.
  • Options
    I'm converting almost all of my merits into crew and honour.
    Stopped buying stuff in the faction stores (other than mission tickets). Stuff can easily be replicated more than enough times a day now.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far my only pulls of note were Vic Fontaine, Dr Crusher and Rasmussen
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I've done about 35 Merit pulls and it's all been trash lol. The BEST thing I pulled was the last star for my Money to finish all the 3*s. No 4*s or 5*s. I'll keep pulling though. Eventually I'll hit something good and in the meantime the extra honor adds up.
  • Options
    I just pulled Daystrom today. He seems to show up often in the Gauntlet, so I just need to get him FE. With only 2 skills, not sure if he'll make many voyages, but ENG and SCI are my 2 weakest at the moment.