Home Ready Room
Options

Dark Ages McCoy versus Bashir, Julian Bashir

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
Purely looking at these two cards from a voyage perspective, but other considerations may sway my decision.

I have both these cards and am thinking of putting a citation on one of them. Question is which one, technically Bashir would be the first choice based on Voyage points overall, however McCoy's MED skills are better and maybe important if MED is one of the key skills. So question is who would you choose to add another star to?
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose from where I am, I would boost whoever has the best base med. That will improve voyages and shuttles.
  • Options
    I was surprised how close they are in overall Voyage points.

I use Dark Ages McCoy for nearly every Voyage for his Med, but almost never use Bashir, Julian Bashir. Then again, for me it's 5* vs. 2* respectively.

Personally I think the base Med is more important, even if it is only ~110 points more, star for star. Dark Ages is also a Civilian, which is a trait I feel like I see way more often than Costumed or Undercover Operative in the Med slot (though obviously Doctor, Starfleet, and Federation are covered).

I guess the ultimate decider is if you need Bashir for his Dip. At 5*, he's got over 1000 base, and his base Med is only 45 less than McCoy.
  • Options
    As I recall mccoy was easier to level bashir. Those teddy bears of bashir are insane to equip. If you have both leveled at 100 then pick best one you like. If you are still leveling Mccoy.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    My McCoy is nearly always on a voyage, Bashir rarely is.
  • Options
    DA Mccoy all the way
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I wasn't the only one having a leaning to McCoy. thanks community.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    My McCoy is used daily
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, McCoy for the Civilian trait which comes up regularly.
    Useful in a SEC slot on MED days, or a Med slot on SEC days.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Yeah, McCoy for the Civilian trait which comes up regularly.
    Useful in a SEC slot on MED days, or a Med slot on SEC days.

Jim

Ditto.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai