Home Make It So!
Options

Graduation & Prospect Michael Burnham

So I was under the impression that going to school or an academy you actually develop more traits and enhance your existing ones. Not Burnham tho! She seems to have literally dropped the diplomacy trait after the academy!

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The academy happened before the events of the show (and predates her other variants except Prospect). Trust me, she was not very diplomatic until much later. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    The academy happened before the events of the show (and predates her other variants except Prospect). Trust me, she was not very diplomatic until much later. ;)

Yeah that’s the problem. If the prospect is before graduation and has 3 traits, then how the graduation Burnham has only 2 traits?

• Options
    Siscard wrote: »
    If the prospect is before graduation

Hello, person who obviously hasn't watched Discovery.

Prospect Burnham comes after Graduation Burnham. The later version has more skills. I would go into details, but I don't want to spoil your viewing experience if you want to watch the show.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options

Prospect Burnham comes after Graduation Burnham. The later version has more skills. I would go into details, but I don't want to spoil your viewing experience if you want to watch the show.

Hello snark master A, I have watched disco but it so mediocre I hadn’t paid that much attention to realize that the Graduation Burnham is from the Vulcan Learning Center and the Prospect is from the Vulcan Science Academy (I guess? I can’t find that clarification anywhere but I will assume that’s the case because watching the series again is me being suicidal). That’s on me of course for not googling it first, but a badly written show will confuse a person like that. I guess this is where the snark apprentice becomes the master. :-P
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No, Prospect Burnham is her after she is turned down for the Vulcan Expeditionary Group, post-graduation from the Vulcan Science Academy, and Sarek brings her to Captain Georgiou and the Shenzhou to join Starfleet as an alternative.

The Vulcan Learning Center is where she went as a child, that was bombed by xenophobic Vulcan extremists.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    No, Prospect Burnham is her after she is turned down for the Vulcan Expeditionary Group, post-graduation from the Vulcan Science Academy, and Sarek brings her to Captain Georgiou and the Shenzhou to join Starfleet as an alternative.

The Vulcan Learning Center is where she went as a child, that was bombed by xenophobic Vulcan extremists.

Quoting for truth.
    I guess this is where the snark apprentice becomes the master. :-P

I love how you say "no, the reason for my ignorance is not that I didn't watch the series: I managed not to understand even though I watched it!" as if it was a defence. I would clap, if you could hear me ;)

You might have to work more on your snark, honestly: mastery is very far away. It is difficult to sound properly snarky when you (repeatedly) sound uninformed and factually incorrect.
  • Options
    SiscardSiscard ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Quoting for truth.
    I guess this is where the snark apprentice becomes the master. :-P

I love how you say "no, the reason for my ignorance is not that I didn't watch the series: I managed not to understand even though I watched it!" as if it was a defence. I would clap, if you could hear me ;)

You might have to work more on your snark, honestly: mastery is very far away. It is difficult to sound properly snarky when you (repeatedly) sound uninformed and factually incorrect.

Probably. But it seems I was right all along/remembered correctly. As Shy Khan said, Prospect is after grad. So somebody f-ed up and put a latter Burnham with fewer traits than the chronologicaly previous one.
  • Options
    But it seems I was right all along/remembered correctly. As Shy Khan said, Prospect is after grad. So somebody f-ed up and put a latter Burnham with fewer traits than the chronologicaly previous one.

"It seems I was right all along". Wow. I am speechless. Look, I'll make it really simple for you.

The earlier Burnham is Graduation. She has five traits and two skills.

The later Burnham is Prospect. She has five traits (the same) and three skills.

The later Burnham has the same number of traits. That is because both Burnhams have the same traits.

The later Burnham has one more skill. That is because three is more than two.

Let me know if this was too... eh... technical.

Oh by the way, as if no one here knew that DB is inconsistent with chronological evolution of traits and skills. If you count those that were fixed, there have been literally hundreds (once upon a time Spock was the only Vulcan with the Telepath trait, and Arik Soong wasn't a human). But it's hilarious to see someone to suddenly attack DB when they are being consistent.
  • Options
    SiscardSiscard ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Hello snark master A, I have watched disco but it so mediocre I hadn’t paid that much attention to realize
    But it seems I was right all along/remembered correctly. As Shy Khan said, Prospect is after grad. So somebody f-ed up and put a latter Burnham with fewer traits than the chronologicaly previous one.

"It seems I was right all along". Wow. I am speechless. Look, I'll make it really simple for you.

The earlier Burnham is Graduation. She has five traits and two skills.

The later Burnham is Prospect. She has five traits (the same) and three skills.

The later Burnham has the same number of traits. That is because both Burnhams have the same traits.

The later Burnham has one more skill. That is because three is more than two.

Let me know if this was too... eh... technical.

Oh by the way, as if no one here knew that DB is inconsistent with chronological evolution of traits and skills. If you count those that were fixed, there have been literally hundreds (once upon a time Spock was the only Vulcan with the Telepath trait, and Arik Soong wasn't a human). But it's hilarious to see someone to suddenly attack DB when they are being consistent.

Ok so let me get this straight. The prospect attribute is attributed to her as a Prospect for Starfleet? Ok now we are getting somewhere. I thought she was a Prospect for the Vulcan science academy. Matter solved, thanks!
  • Options
    Ok so let me get this straight. The prospect attribute is attributed to her as a Prospect for Starfleet? Ok now we are getting somewhere. I thought she was a Prospect for the Vulcan science academy. Matter solved, thanks!

Matter solved :)
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You crazy kids must have more important things you could be doing...
  • Options
    You crazy kids must have more important things you could be doing...

Of course. Ending famine and war on Earth are, in an absolute scale, more important things we "could" be doing.

But hey, we all enjoy speaking about Star Trek and posting in these forums. You should know, you have written 30 more posts than I have :smile: