Home The Bridge

DB saves me money yet again!

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
mpc4b0ycja0c.jpg

Seriously, what's wrong with you? I was ready to put down $10 on Burnham (because she isn't worth $25) and then you do this. Money safely back in pocket. Thank you?

So, ballpark estimate, how many people do you think play this game that would put down $10 for that guaranteed last star on Shras that wouldn't otherwise be inclined to make it to 130k VP?

I'm BEGGING you DB, please realize how stupid this is in time for next week.

Comments

• ha ha, yeah that was a poor choice
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think this has happened in every galaxy event now since the new year.

It's time to put my foot down. Next week I definitely want both Landry and Mudd. I'm sitting here DB, cash in hand, ready to pay MONEY to buy the one that is ranked reward only. It wouldn't make any sense to me to buy the one I'm getting FF from the threshold.

DB, if next week you offer me the threshold character as the $9.99 deal, I'm done. That's it. No more spending. You have my word.
    edited February 2018
    So... DB does the same Super-Rare for the 2* and 1* deals. People cry. DB does different Super-Rares for the 2* and 1* deals. People cry.

It's a galaxy event, don't be a jerk. This makes sense for a faction event. That's why I specifically reference that. DB should have someone in charge of this that recognizes the difference. It's like they don't understand their own game.
  • Not everyone is playing the event to top threshold, in fact, most STT players will not. Just saying...
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... DB does the same Super-Rare for the 2* and 1* deals. People cry. DB does different Super-Rares for the 2* and 1* deals. People cry.

News flash: anyone can get a 4/4* Shras by hitting all the thresholds and claiming the community rewards. This is not the case in a pure faction event with other threshold crew.
    edited February 2018
    Not everyone is playing the event to top threshold, in fact, most STT players will not. Just saying...

Again, please pay attention to what I wrote. Which segment do you believe is more PROFITABLE for DB?

The amount of people that don't even want to invest the resources to get to 130k VP but are willing to pay $10 for the final star on Shras?

OR the amount of players with a 1* Prospect Burnham from the community rewards that want a guaranteed second star and two packs for the chance to FF her?

EDIT addendum: I make it a point not to buy event packs for galaxy events BECAUSE of the fact that I'm going to FF the threshold character. However, I would risk it in the case I just described above. There's a decent chance I get one copy of her from the two packs and then use honor to FF.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which segment do you believe is more PROFITABLE for DB?

What we believe is irrelevant. DB has access to the sales data, and they'll adjust the offers based on what actually is more profitable.
  • who is buying packs to get a second * on a 2* character? seriously use honor if you are desperate!

Also on a galaxy, you should easily get the new 2* person hell even on factions, unless you run like 1 mission
  • So... DB does the same Super-Rare for the 2* and 1* deals. People cry. DB does different Super-Rares for the 2* and 1* deals. People cry.

News flash: anyone can get a 4/4* Shras by hitting all the thresholds and claiming the community rewards. This is not the case in a pure faction event with other threshold crew.

Ah, cute. I got "news flash from an interwebz whinger". lolololomgwtfbbqftw!
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Which segment do you believe is more PROFITABLE for DB?

What we believe is irrelevant. DB has access to the sales data, and they'll adjust the offers based on what actually is more profitable.

This.

Posts that assume that 100% of the playerbase (or the majority of it) have your same spending habits and priorities and are in your same gaming situation always sound a little bit apocalyptic. DB is doing what they believe makes more money.

They always are.
    "Dance with me. For science."
    Having access to data doesn't necessarily translate to making good decisions.

Case in point, the internet has somehow made us all dumber.
    edited February 2018
    Look, this thread has gotten too nasty. I don't care about DB's data, I just know they could have had AT LEAST $100 more of MY money by now, simply through offering me deals every week that I wanted instead of random ship schematics and slight bonuses on straight dilithium. And that's JUST from offers I've been presented with. And I realize your rebuttal, "Just because you don't want them doesn't mean its DB's fault." But I would have definitely bought one if given a choice between several offers. And I'm sure A LOT of people are in the same boat.

My point is, back to the original point of this thread. I'm BEGGING them to please offer the ranked character next week for $9.99 instead of the threshold. They did it the FIRST time they ever did this offer. It was Mirror Jadzia Dax, and I bought it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many people don't get the offer they want and buy packs instead? How many people are not clearing the threshold rewards and want the threshold character? DB has the data and is optimizing for its overall sales even if it's not the sale you want.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I wonder what the differential would be if there were actually 2 9.99 offers one for each 4* character. They'd have to re-lay out the screen but it'd be interesting and might net them more micro transaction money by giving people a choice. Perhaps some would get both rationalizing that 9.99 twice isn't so bad as 25 in one bucket.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's look at the rewards this way, everyone under 2k has both 4* FF so they won't buy either offer. Everyone over 3k will only get the Burnham from Community Rewards and a second star won't really make a difference. At most the rank offer appeals to 1k players and only 500 of them are in a position to FF the character with the offer.

There are over 20k players in the event. I don't know the exact rank for clearing threshold right now, but I think it's about 3500 and probably approaches 5k by the end of the event. So that means 15k players can make use of an extra star on Shras while 500-1000 can make use of an extra star on Burnham. Which offer do you think will sell more, the one that's useful for 500 players or the one useful to 15000 players?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, cute. I got "news flash from an interwebz whinger". lolololomgwtfbbqftw!

You must have some sand in an intimate place. Best see to that before complaining about people not seeing the value in yet another offer from DB.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good deal 3 guaranteed Shras for a tenner 😜
    edited February 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Let's look at the rewards this way, everyone under 2k has both 4* FF so they won't buy either offer. Everyone over 3k will only get the Burnham from Community Rewards and a second star won't really make a difference. At most the rank offer appeals to 1k players and only 500 of them are in a position to FF the character with the offer.

There are over 20k players in the event. I don't know the exact rank for clearing threshold right now, but I think it's about 3500 and probably approaches 5k by the end of the event. So that means 15k players can make use of an extra star on Shras while 500-1000 can make use of an extra star on Burnham. Which offer do you think will sell more, the one that's useful for 500 players or the one useful to 15000 players?

I've already explained my own personal position on this. See above. I'm willing to spend $10 for a second Burnham and a chance at 2 more, but not $25. Because she isn't worth $25 of my money to me. I can't speak for everyone else.

That being said, you can throw out all the numbers you want, but my original question remains: How many people do you think both couldn't care or try hard enough make it to 130k VP during this event AND are willing to throw down $10? Is it more than the number who want the second Burnham and the chance to win two more? We'll never know.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to give db my money and buy a monthly card but it wouldnt load, just says hailing starfleet and endless circling.
    Let’s fly!
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I remember something my grampa told me....."You can't please everyone. Someone will find something to complain about. It is in their nature".

*sigh*
    edited February 2018
    I'm not complaining just for the sake of **tsk tsk** complaining. I'm trying to get them to offer the ranked character next week. Nobody **tsk tsk** reads **tsk tsk** anymore.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This offer has me rolling my eyes. I'm really glad I decided to just airlock Burnham.

Regarding the reasoning behind how many people would buy a copy of Burnham, I got to the final threshold on both alt accounts (one of which is F2P and only a few months old), so Shras was astoundingly simple to FF. However, due to 2nd phase competitiveness, there's no way I'm placing high enough with those alt accounts to score a FF Burnham (nor another copy of Sarek). But for $9.99, I might take a chance with a Burnham pack (on my paying alt account), knowing that I'd at least get one copy of her, and possibly another in the 2 extra event pulls. Then it'd be worth it for me to shoot for a top 2500 finish to get her fully fused. As it stands, though, buying Shras makes no sense for any of my accounts. I just don't get DB's logic in this at all. At least they got it right with the $24.99 offer.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immortalized her from the achievement rewards and am on to get Burnhams remaining 3 stars so I really couldn't give a flying hoot who they try to plug for $10 or $25. By the time the cheaper packs come out the event is pretty much over anyway.

It makes more sense in Faction events; but then they go and try to flog the ranked reward crew which, in a day i'll get for free. Go figure DB??

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • They should offer both during Galaxy's.

Create a behold between the two 4 stars from each week as the guaranteed drop in this scenario. Behold auto activates once payment is complete.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the smell of Picardgate in the morning.... smells like victory....
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to deviate too much, but in the theme of the thread title... Starry Skies two weeks in a row. double blech.