Home The Bridge

Prospect Michael Burnham: Diplomacy Skills?

Why does Prospect Michael Burnham have diplomacy skills when she spurns a handshake from Captain Georgiou, and condescends to her coldly and pompously with: "Respect is earned. As is friendliness." I've seen better diplomatic instincts from Nausicaans.

nooerjrpo7qt.jpg

Comments

• Yeah.

And why does Laas have science.

And why Lorca diplomacy instead of security.

And why bla bla bla the list is really long.

But more importantly, why does Shinzon have any skill despite being the worse idiot to ever lead the Romulan Star Empire? By any internal consistency he should have 0/0/0 skill ratings.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Burnham should have had command. Early on in the show her diplomacy skills were about -873
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that she could hold her breath longer than in a pilot episode because she is now airlocked!!!
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe she does get on great with Nausicaans?
    But more importantly, why does Shinzon have any skill despite being the worse idiot to ever lead the Romulan Star Empire?

Repurposing an old joke - to be fair to Shinzon, he did kill Shinzon. (Maybe not the most direct route, but he sure went out of his way to make it happen.)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uebermind wrote: »
    Why does Prospect Michael Burnham have diplomacy skills when she spurns a handshake from Captain Georgiou, and condescends to her coldly and pompously with: "Respect is earned. As is friendliness." I've seen better diplomatic instincts from Nausicaans.

nooerjrpo7qt.jpg

Burnham was raised Vulcan. By Vulcan standards she was downright friendly.
    Let’s fly!