Home The Bridge

Collections?

ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
So a while ago we heard about a complete revamp of the cryostasis UI, and we also got a hint of what was to come in terms of a 'Collection' feature through a new UI element on the cryostasis help screen (that has since been removed). Anyone heard anything on this lately? (I ask because I don't use Facebook or other social media sites so I often miss things like developer videos etc)

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odds are this is going to be a new feature they come out with in the future that just happened to have a little "bleed through" within the code. I consider it an accidental sneak preview.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might have also scrapped it seeing what additional maintenance it would have caused.. We know that DB has a hard time keeping up with things like that... like updating portals and such.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    For crying out loud, they could at least sort it alphabetically until they figure out a new sorting system. How long could that really take to fix?
  • For crying out loud, they could at least sort it alphabetically until they figure out a new sorting system. How long could that really take to fix?

Alphabetically? Oh gods no! It'll be even worse than it is now. Still can't understand why it wasn't sorted by series from the start. Still can understand why there's a random order when sorting ships in Voyages either. Guess it all comes down to DB failing Everything 101.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    For crying out loud, they could at least sort it alphabetically until they figure out a new sorting system. How long could that really take to fix?

Alphabetically? Oh gods no! It'll be even worse than it is now. Still can't understand why it wasn't sorted by series from the start. Still can understand why there's a random order when sorting ships in Voyages either. Guess it all comes down to DB failing Everything 101.

As someone who does not know which character belongs to which series/movie etc. (have not watched much ST outside of Discovery and the 3 "recent" movies) ... ordering them by series really doesn't help me ... I also understand that Sarek or Mudd have been part of multiple series, so how do you organise that?

I feel that at least an alphabetical (per base character ... e.g. Locutus falls under "P" for Picard) sort would be handy. The alphabetical sort in the crew is horrendous and do not understand why they cannot fix that also.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Collections feature would really add a lot to my enjoyment of the game regardless of if there were big rewards for doing it. I really hope DB has not shelved it. And the ability to sort it is surely a basic minimum requirement.

I assume that at the very least that the cryostasis revamp is still incoming in some fashion.
  • For crying out loud, they could at least sort it alphabetically until they figure out a new sorting system. How long could that really take to fix?

Cause that would take thought and effort.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    A minimum amount of communication would be nice and go a long way towards keeping the player base satisfied and interested.

And completely ceasing the use of the word "SOON"™, as it is clear that DB has a different understanding of the word than the rest of the world.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it looks like they just arrived :)

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3692/v4-0-client-release-notes

Although we'll probably have to wait for the forced upgrade
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Drats it does not look like traits have been added to cryo’ed crew.

Will check once I can get update.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    WaldoMag wrote: »

The only changes to the cryostasis vault are an alphabetical listing. Some tweaks will need to be made, but it's not bad. Hippocrates Noah and Tora Ziyal are listed in the incorrect order, just from a superficial glance.
  • I must say I really like the new Cryostasis Vault appearance so far! Looks awesome DB!
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have screenshots of the new vault? I'm on IOS and the update isn't available to me yet.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

You will get the same options as you currently have in crew management :)
  • so far nothing seems different, re-started the game twice, may I will have look through game room instead
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    So I did update but I don't see the collections tab in the cryo vault? Am I missing something?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Please note that many of the new features and changes described below will only go live after a forced upgrade to ensure all players are on 4.0. The forced upgrade will occur in about one week.
  • The communication clearly says it'll be active AFTER the forced upgrade to the v4 client.
  • It says "many", not "all", and it's nonspecific as to which ones.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Oh ok, I thought it meant facebook/gameroom version would be instant
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »
    It says "many", not "all", and it's nonspecific as to which ones.
    Bingo. If they don't want the questions then tag the items that will be in after the forced upgrade.
  • MOZangelesSDMOZangelesSD ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Grant77 wrote: »
    The only changes to the cryostasis vault are an alphabetical listing. Some tweaks will need to be made, but it's not bad. Hippocrates Noah and Tora Ziyal are listed in the incorrect order, just from a superficial glance.

There are several other mis-ordered crew in this new, "alphabetical" listing. Besides Hippocrates, I see that Falcon, Duchamps, Marquis Eddington, and Anastasia all show up in the wrong location too.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

There are several other mis-ordered crew in this new, "alphabetical" listing. Besides Hippocrates, I see that Falcon, Duchamps, Marquis Eddington, and Anastasia all show up in the wrong location too.

They're rather inconsistent with the holographic alter egos. Some are with their real life variants and others are listed separately.

Tora Ziyal should be the easiest fix. Her family name is 'Tora' and she should be in the T section. They use that format with the rest of the Bajoran.
  • I am really interested to see what these collections are all about

You all know though, we are going to have to actually keep at least 1* Wesley "Airlock fodder" for one of these collections! lol
  • I luv this known bug of the nxt client update. Not...lol

mh0owoxka03y.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    As long as traits are not displayed in cryo chamber, it should be free to pull crew out and cryo them right away. It should also not count as taking some out as far as cost.

Otherwise, DB should maintain wikis Trait pages as well as making sure all crew have correct traits. So that we can rely on information in wiki on traits to be correct.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only visible change is that crew are now sorted in the same order as selecting alphabetical in the crew quarters. All the other vault changes must need the forced upgrade to appear