Home Ready Room
Options

If you had ONE legendary citation, who would you use it on?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ready Room
Ignore whether I have similar characters. Which is simply the best benefit for the cost? Assume I won't get another Guinan from the gauntlet before she's replaced.

If you had ONE legendary citation, who would you use it on? 63 votes

4/5 Borg Queen
14%
Nikita MearsGrant77PallidyneAggeMarko RamiusCaptain_JanmanDirk GundersonWesley M ClarkeAlfaBeta 9 votes
4/5 Kortar
6%
Data1001cmdrworf[DC] Picard Loves RedsRyanf47 4 votes
4/5 T'Kuvma
3%
NeackDavideBooks 2 votes
4/5 Prisoner Admiral Cornwell
61%
[7TW] UnkieBizausomePeachtree RexMuadDaveJhamel[QH] He-Who-MeowseXo | Cadet MattJim Steele[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerElby780505[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinAntasilThis Sisko1Leshy12345678 of 123456789(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]RaraRacing(10F)Geekgirlal103ThaiGQ 39 votes
4/5 Guinan
14%
Astrometrics[SSR] The Iron CowXoiikuThe Great GornholioGib - Admiral MarinersIronagedavecaptain_yar{DD} SmellyBella_Phoenix 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    4/5 Guinan
    Really depends who else you have already in your roster. I've got the first 3 immortal. Cornwell will be immortal during the next event. Borg Queen has been handiest of the first 3, followed by Kortar. T'Kuvma... not nearly as much. I expect Cornwell to be at LEAST as useful, if not more so, than the Borg Queen.

*EDIT* Sorry, I missed the part about ignoring what you already have.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4/5 Kortar
    It's either Kortar or Cornwell. Surprised so many have voted for Guinan — not that she's a bad choice (I have her FF myself), but imo, she doesn't give quite as much "bang for the buck" going from 4/5 to 5/5.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine it is unlikely for any of these to return as event characters. The most likely would be T'Kuvma/Cornwell as part of a DSC event or Guinan since she was a frequent recurring character.

MED is the hardest stat to staff a large quantity of in voyages. Maxing out Cornwell will, likely, have the best return on improving voyages.

I tend to put less priority on CMD/DIP/SEC (especially CMD/SEC as that is what I seem to have the most of).

In priority order (along side a few other common 5*s):
    1. Cornwell (primary MED, #5 overall VOY score)
    2. Guinan (secondary MED, #7 overall VOY score)
    3. Mirror Picard (#2 overall VOY score)
    4. Locutus (#3 overall VOY score)
    5. Borg Queen (#10 overall VOY score)
    6. Kortar (#29 overall VOY score)
    7. ...
    8. ...
    9. ...
    10. T'kuvma (#112 overall VOY score)

I DYSed T'kuvma at the start of his mega event to give me a leg up. I don't regret doing it, but, faced with giving him a citation or someone else, I'd give it to most anyone else on my crew.

All of the others are very close in usefulness.

Source on VOY Scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v97w1ji56MLpCBBhR3xoZpAW8yx5jYoWmH2jNKq27TI/edit#gid=138272339
  • Options
    Peachtree Rex, that is an EXCELLENT point about Voyages. Thank you.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at the risk of posting a spoiler,
    T'Kuvma is dead and Cornwell isn't,
    and there's no guarantee that Klingons are going to figure that much into Discovery season 2,
    so I'd bet on Cornwell being of greater future use in 2019.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    The admiral, good med crew is hard to come by (considering the randomness of beholds) while we seem to get a good sec/com/dip crew every other week.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    4/5 Guinan
    I went with Guinan because you never know when a Picardgate will strike, plus she is being taken out of gauntlet - so seems most logical.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell is the best option to improve your general crew (see Peachtree Rex's post).

My second choice would be Kortar (SEC shuttle) or Guinan (MED/Voyages) depending on where I needed help.

Side note:
    Weird to say ... but if I had crew space issues, and no other options (and I do not mean airlocking someone), I'd use one on T'Kuvma and freeze him ... he has his moments and had been really handy (especially during all the Discovery-related events) in general, but he has the least to offer going forward. I can then defrost him for future events and can continue building my crew in the meantime. I couldn't see myself freezing any of the other 5*s you mention at present.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Cromwell is better all round, high voyage scores, 3rd highest base MED and decent DIP.

T'kuvmasmurf I hate so I would be tempted to fuse him up just so I could freeze him and not have to look at him in my roster anymore! They are a million other crew I would rather spend the citation on than him.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    4/5 Borg Queen
    I went with Guinan because you never know when a Picardgate will strike, plus she is being taken out of gauntlet - so seems most logical.

Agreed on that account, though I went with the Queen because she’s usually the first one into the shuttle when I send them out for missions. As hard as it is to acquire MED crew, they just aren’t used much in shuttles and voyages as C/S/D crew.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we want to go the speculation route, I think it's highly likely Guinan follows in Locuts's footsteps and has 1/5 available through Gauntlet rounds. I suppose it's even possible she has already been added.

To my knowledge, not one has achieved 20k rounds, yet, so she could be lurking out there. That might be a reason to save your honor on her.
  • Options
    Cornwell for the win. After this week's event she'll be immortal.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell and it's not even close imho
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go Cornwell, Queen, Kortar, Guinan, T'Kuvma in that order if it was me and those were my only choices.
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    4/5 Kortar
    Kortar. He has some use in finishing missions, shuttles, and voyages.
  • Options
    Prisoner Cornwell or Borg Queen. Just depends how strong your CMD or MED crew are. Borg Queen is known to be one of the strongest all around characters (especially in Voyages) but strong MED crew seems to be hard to come across so it just depends on your overall crew.

BUT I'd consider waiting until April, that's most likely when the new Honor Hall 5* crew member will be unveiled. Just a thought.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Captain TJ wrote: »
    BUT I'd consider waiting until April, that's most likely when the new Honor Hall 5* crew member will be unveiled. Just a thought.
    It's always "new Honor Hall revealed" this, "new Honor Hall revealed" that... I really don't see any reason to buy new Honor Hall crew immediately even if gauntlet supermonster. And good non-gauntlet use is like 3-4 citations away. While citation on actually useful x/5 allows you to gain more honor for said HH character.
  • Options
    4/5 Borg Queen
    I have Cromwell FF/FE, need a final one on my Borg Queen, or DA McCoy just to get them finished, but they are very useful
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »
    Captain TJ wrote: »
    It's always "new Honor Hall revealed" this, "new Honor Hall revealed" that... I really don't see any reason to buy new Honor Hall crew immediately even if gauntlet supermonster. And good non-gauntlet use is like 3-4 citations away. While citation on actually useful x/5 allows you to gain more honor for said HH character.

After reading this i thought you'r absolutely right, I'm currently sitting on 100k for the new HH but i don't know who it will be and when, so i bought 50k citation for cromwell and will just save up the 50k to get me back to 100k for the new HH.
  • Options
    I have already FFed Guinan and the Borg Queen, soy Cornwell because of her Medicine skill