Home The Bridge

Voyage reward crew

What are we supposed to do with the 1/4 characters we get from voyages (Thot Gor, The Clown, Jannar and Lucien)? I understand - and unfortunately already noticed 4 times - that we will only be able to get them once. So, do we have to wait for months until the characters are no longer limited to get additional stars from pulls (or voyages)?

Why is there this limit, to not get them again?

(Sorry, if this has already been answered, but I could not find a thread.)
Interested in being part of the TLA fun?

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    [TLA] 84wb wrote: »
    What are we supposed to do with the 1/4 characters we get from voyages (Thot Gor, The Clown, Jannar and Lucien)? I understand - and unfortunately already noticed 4 times - that we will only be able to get them once. So, do we have to wait for months until the characters are no longer limited to get additional stars from pulls (or voyages)?

Why is there this limit, to not get them again?

(Sorry, if this has already been answered, but I could not find a thread.)
    There is also Fierce Guinana and Colonel Worf, but to answer your question, presently they only come via Voyages (though Worf dropped in error from an Elusive Treasures pack) and Shan has commented somewhere that their was no plan of adding them to the portal pull tables, AND that they are a 1-time drop only; so you can either spend 58,000 honor to immortalise, them or air lock them for 200 honour.

Until DB make the honour dismissal rates fairer, I know what I would rather do...

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • We get a lot of 1/4 characters in this game that can probably never be fully fused through normal means. We all need to deal with them the same ways...

1) Burn a lot of precious honor to fully-fuse them
    2) Keep them around in that barely-seen swath at the bottom of your roster (and tie up critical crew space), hoping you somehow get more copies months or years in the future, if you don't quit by then.
    3) If they aren't usable for anything at 1/4 and space is too tight, toss them out the airlock and delight in your cruelty.
  • Well, as for the other (regular) 4*s there is at least some plan, how we could get them FF in the future. From what I get, there is none for those 6 voyage characters, which makes them no "rewards" really.

Would be great, if Shan commented on any plan DB might have with these. thx
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're good as a 1/4, use honour, if not, airlock them.

I've been getting some good work out of my 1/4 FE Clown. Mainly on Voyages.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question though if you airlock them is it possible for them to drop again in voyages?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question though if you airlock them is it possible for them to drop again in voyages?

From what I understand, no. Once you've received them, that's it.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • If you didn't get them already, I advise to simply avoid them to save on crew space until DB comes up with a way to FF them without using citations.
    You can see which dilemmas lead to them on wiki: https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas#
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    If you are a determined collector, then use the Honor to buy Citations to FF them. I could be wrong, but I do not think DB is going to make a different avenue available for acquiring additional copies in the future.
  • I've collected the four "two-part" characters. Less because they are useful but more because they gave me something to do. I FF/FE all of the one, two, and three-star characters for the same reason. Eventually, they'll find their way into packs and I'll throw them into the vault. In the meantime, four crew slots aren't really hurting.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Think of it this way: 54k honor gets you a FF crew that counts towards the achievement and can be cryo'd to get back a crew slot.

The Clown has decent base SEC. Otherwise, each of them is likely better than adding a second star to most older legendaries at 50k honor.
  • Is it just me, or did something change with the crew drop in voyages recently? For the past several days, not only were there fewer crew drops, there were no grays (one star crew), and no purples crew dropped. I still reach the 6-hour mark (and can not reach the 8-hour mark). I’ve played the game for two years now and do have a handful of useful five-star (gold) crew to use for the voyages. I have FF and as needed, immortalized all the grays, greens and most of the blues, crew-wise. I keep getting the greens and airlock them (since I already have each character immortalized).
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Is it just me, or did something change with the crew drop in voyages recently? For the past several days, not only were there fewer crew drops, there were no grays (one star crew), and no purples crew dropped. I still reach the 6-hour mark (and can not reach the 8-hour mark). I’ve played the game for two years now and do have a handful of useful five-star (gold) crew to use for the voyages. I have FF and as needed, immortalized all the grays, greens and most of the blues, crew-wise. I keep getting the greens and airlock them (since I already have each character immortalized).

For me it comes and goes in waves. Last night I had 3 purples in an 8 hour, and had 2-3 voyages with none. Its just wide ranging RNG.

The nerfed the 1 stars a while ago though
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Airlock them all as soon as you can

Edit: it is a way of protesting them being only one drop.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    The real question is, what is the point of adding them to voyages in the first place, if you can only earn one of them? not to sound like a vulcan, but that doesn't seem logical or particularly useful lol
  • The real question is, what is the point of adding them to voyages in the first place
    Exactly my point. Still waiting, if Shan/DB/someone will care to answer...

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Is it just me, or did something change with the crew drop in voyages recently? For the past several days, not only were there fewer crew drops, there were no grays (one star crew), and no purples crew dropped. I still reach the 6-hour mark (and can not reach the 8-hour mark). I’ve played the game for two years now and do have a handful of useful five-star (gold) crew to use for the voyages. I have FF and as needed, immortalized all the grays, greens and most of the blues, crew-wise. I keep getting the greens and airlock them (since I already have each character immortalized).

For me it comes and goes in waves. Last night I had 3 purples in an 8 hour, and had 2-3 voyages with none. Its just wide ranging RNG.

The nerfed the 1 stars a while ago though

Yup ... I just had a voyage come back (7 hrs) with 3 2*s and 2 1*s ... the other day I had a 6hr voyage with 4 3*s (two of which were Florist Q) and no other crew.

It varies wildly.

No 4*s ... that is probably my most common crew return on voyages. :) I've been getting the odd one here or there (voyages 6-7 hrs long) and they usually drop through the dilemmas (but recently I did just get an EV Suit Tucker out of the blue after 6+ hrs).
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need use in an event. Maybe March's Month Long ("mega") event cant feature one each week. Otherwise there's really no reason and on my part no real desire to keep the things.

Remove the crew slot and thus spending restriction!
    At least allow the cryoing of 100/FE 5*.

• They need use in an event. Maybe March's Month Long ("mega") event cant feature one each week. Otherwise there's really no reason and on my part no real desire to keep the things.

I hope the next "mega event" is a Re-run event. All 4 weeks of reruns!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need use in an event. Maybe March's Month Long ("mega") event cant feature one each week. Otherwise there's really no reason and on my part no real desire to keep the things.

I hope the next "mega event" is a Re-run event. All 4 weeks of reruns!

Something people might actually be excited about!

Even DB wasn't excited about this latest . . event. Snuck it, out, no announcement just a here's a recurring 5*, oh, and a snub to Archer in Archer's event. With a new Janeway in the form of 3 Burnhams in one series.