Home Ready Room
Options

Gauntlet Fail - but in a good way?

[DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ready Room
After 1300 rounds and wall after wall of Mirror Picard, I never expected this.
krb32zdipkwx.jpg

Has anyone else ever had a no skills matched opponent?

Edit: I should have put this in "The Bridge," sorry.

Comments

• Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Yes a few times now, Not sure why it happens, except maybe sometimes a char gets grouped with a stat that they dont actually have. But its a gift so enjoy it;)
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Quite enough times. Even in the first places.
    Not sure why it happens, except maybe sometimes a char gets grouped with a stat that they dont actually have.
    It's more likely that said player took priority to main skill and traits instead of coverage. "Attack" player so to say. I did it myself once or twice.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens, just say thanks and claim your prize. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are different ways to play gauntlet. One is to leave one or two skills uncovered to keep your ranking low and have easy matches with the other skills.
  • Options
    I've had a few "No Matching Skills" pop up.

I usually ignore them.
  • Options
    I've had this several times. I jump right on them every time!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet gimmees.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They come up once every few weeks for me. On my alt accounts, I purposely don't cover one skill (or sometimes 2 skills), because my crew there aren't nearly as strong, so that helps me stay lower-ranked, which in turn allows me to be paired with easier opponents, in general. But sometimes along the way I end up in the top 50 and so I'm probably being paired with much better players. To a great extent, it's accounts which are doing the same thing that you're seeing in those instances.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    I've seen it quite a lot, I'm probably one of them sometimes, I have run without ENG on a number of occasions, so if that comes up in the battle, I guess my opponent will see No Matching Skills!
    If you see it claim it for free and move on!
  • Options
    Many many times
  • Options
    It's the only way a FF/FE Starbase 83 is assured a win. No don't take me too serious. Just read between the lines. Gauntlet is as Gauntlet does. Momma always said...the Gauntlet is like a box of lug nuts.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    so gauntlet presents a bunch of people around your level and picks their crew that best match the skills drawn for that round. In this case someone has no crew with either sci or eng skills so you get a no matching skills.

Similarly today i had Mirror Picard selected for his SCI skills (max of 90) come up as the left-most option - bit of a bonus!