Home The Bridge

Crew drop rate in voyages

I'm definitely not tin foil hat type of guy and I get RNG, I'm just curious..

I just recalled 7h 44m long voyage (w/o refills) and the crew I got were only 3 greens from 3 dilemmas, no other crew of any rarity dropped. I had the same thing yesterday, with slightly shorter voyage.

At the moment I'm experiencing the same thing on my alt account too - no crew drops except from dilemmas.

Usually I was getting 5-7 crew in total for voyages up to 6-7 hours, rarities from grey to blue, with occasional purples..

So, how's your drop rate doing recently?

Comments

• Just awesome, thanks for asking! I got my 4th star on Dr Crusher, I've seen about 6 new purples in the last week, and got a Mirror Phlox off of a 4-hour dilemma.

Before that, though, I went about a week without seeing anything other than greens.

RNG is a fickle mistress.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    It goes up and down. Last week I got multiple purples, but yesterday I got only a blue and some greens. I don't think there's been any changes in drop rate recently.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Just awesome, thanks for asking! I got my 4th star on Dr Crusher, I've seen about 6 new purples in the last week, and got a Mirror Phlox off of a 4-hour dilemma.

Congrats, I hope my next week will be like yours :)

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages really are random like that. I regularly make it to 7:00-7:30 without refilling. I recently (as in post-nerf) picked up 7 super rares on a 7:34 voyage. That was my best haul from a voyage, even before the nerf. Most days I'm lucky if I get 1. The real problem is that since DB doesn't seem to want to add new characters to the pool (or can't seem to make it a priority) I get fewer and fewer chars I actually need from voyages. Diminishing returns means I'm less and less likely to refill on voyages. I'm guessing that's becoming a problem for more and more of the player base.
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I kinda look at the voyages as airline flights and the drop crew as frequent flyer miles.....eventually i'll get enough miles to purchase something i really want, like a BBQ or maybe even a cite.

ygweixb6ja6p.jpg
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Well, they DID nerf it a while ago (must be 1-2 months already I believe): before that, the number of 4* drops was AWESOME, best chance by far to stock up on 4* characters.
    So this explains the nerf, I guess, although the player base obviously doesn't like it (including me).

IMHO, the current drop rate is quite balanced, if you don't compare it to the one before: you will get around 0-2 4* crew for every say 8-10h voyage. That's still powerful - just think about how rarely you get 4*'s otherwise, or how expensive they are!

Of COURSE I'd like to have a better drop rate :-D but I don't think it will happen.

And just to comment: I rarely get decent dilemmas (usually travelling 8-12h), as in: I don't remember the time when I last got a 4* via a dilemma. Instead, almost all of my 4* come from during the 2h intervals.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one last night at the 6 hour dilemma, first in quite a while.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I’m doing a long voyage for kicks. In 18 hours I’ve had 7 purples one of which duped but I didn’t have it so that was ok, the rest I have immortalized. But what kind of irks me is at the 18 hour mark I “won” a 2 Star Chakotay. Really need to lose the one and two star prizes” after the 10 hour mark once dil has to be used to continue. If I get the same at 20 I’ll stop and won’t ever do another long voyage beyond 6-8 hours until that is corrected if it ever gets done that is.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • 13 hour voyage, I am still going, only a 3* Brunt and that was after 2 dilithium refills. 4 other 2* crap. Gonna try to go to 20 hours and will report in again. Very disappointing, and 1 more reason I play less and less.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went about a week with no 4* crew dropping (7 hour voyages). Two 4* (Niners Kira and Dr Crusher) have dropped in the past two days.
  • I went about a week and a half with no 4*. Then received three 4*s on a 6.5 hour voyaged followed by two 4*s on a 6.25 hour voyage. I seem to be back to no 4* drops now.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went about a week with no 4* crew dropping (7 hour voyages). Two 4* (Niners Kira and Dr Crusher) have dropped in the past two days.

Strange. Just got my second 4* from voyages today (the first was a voyage exclusive that dropped at 4 hrs), and it was a Niners Kira. Yet another 1/4*. I’d trade for a Dr Crusher, I have her at 3/4* FE...
  • Funny, shortly after my first post as 4* popped up not during a dilemma, around the 13.5 hour. Things that make you say hmmm.....
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Last week or the week before, I did 3 8+ hour voyages in a row and got 3x 4* in each. Didn't need any of them but the honour was good.
    Right afterwards I get 1x 4* from a mediocre 7 hour voyage but I needed the one I got.
    After, that almost nothing the entire weekend.

Just finished a 10 hour voyage. I fell short on the 4th dilemma so I extended because I had enough starting AM to get past the 5th dilemma. Got 5x 4*'s, two of which I needed. Tied my best for most 4* drops.

Voyages are wacky. I try not to extend too much but sometimes I get distracted and miss the end. I'll always do it if it drops a 4* I need or if it will get me two dilemma's. Extending after 10 hours usually isn't worth it. You mostly get 2* components which I have a large surplus of.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Voyages are weird in this regard. Generally speaking I no longer extend voyages unless I can get the 8 hr and 10hr in one extend. The only other time I extended was when I had 2 4* non dilemmas at 7hrs. I extended once and was up to 4 4*, I extended twice and was up to 6 4*, I extended once more(a total of about 400 dil)and ended with 7 4*. Note: I would have considered extending again but I just completed the dilemna at 14hr and used recalled while I slept.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    81g5e8vnnhvt.png
    My current voyage. RNG is bipolar lol.
  • uo5ofbp0bh2g.png
    This one happens to me few days ago, definitely after voyage nerf. Just 6,5h and 3 purple. But most of my voyages are not that lucky like this one, often not even one purple in 6-7h
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    High variance drops are high variance.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone here before suggested that the voyage rewards (aside from the dilemma results) are cyclical. I wonder if they corrugated to the primary it secondary skills.

Some days replicator rations drop like crazy. Some days low value crew are all the rage. Other days the purple crew drop (I got my first Mirror Phlox in the past week, too, from a voyage). You never seem to get all those the same voyage. It seems cyclical.
  • I have noticed a pattern early in the Voyages as to whether they will be crew heavy, chron heavy, or replicator fuel/training heavy. I can gauge at about 6-1/2 to 7 hours which it will be. If I need chrons more that day, and it is chron heavy, I will extend, and same with crew if I see more than 4 or 5 crew at 6+ hours.

I had a 14 hour Voyage the other day that netted 6x4*, and about 10 other 2&3* and almost 1K chrons. I have also had 2 weeks straight with just garbage. A couple days ago I still only had 1x2* crew at 6 hours (kept getting equipment at the dilemmas.) Needless to say, I cut that one short.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • if after the 3rd dilemma its all part 1s, then ill recall, if ive had some good luck and gotten a 4*, then ill usually extend and hope for the best...
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    849ghy3k4a9n.jpg
    Eight hour voyage from this AM.
  • Another one?
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I got two purples this morning which was my first in a while.

It does seem to even itself out
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Duchamps dropped at 6 hr today....only eight 3* replicator rations and the 100 honor dilemmas are rare...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...