Home The Bridge

What happened to the voyage daily that was supposed to come out with 3.1.0?

From 3.1.0 Client/Server Release Notes...
https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2182/3-1-0-client-server-release-notes#latest
New features available AFTER the forced upgrade

- Daily Activities and Achievements
1 new daily activity and 2 new achievements related to Voyages were added.

What ever happened to the new voyage related daily? Was something announced that I missed?

Comments

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. I'd forgotten about that. Maybe DB did to?
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been pushed back cause they wanted to finetune that new addition more...
  • StygianStygian ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    They were two separate things.

The daily was for some other activity.
    The 2 new achievements were for Length and Total Dilemmas...

I admit the ‘and’ placement does confuse things. It would have been clearer as: Added 1 new daily activity and, relating to Voyages, 2 new achievements were also added.

Or at least that’s how I read it.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet either way no daily was added.

• My bad - you are right
    Shan wrote:
    - Achievements
    We have added 2 new achievements related to Voyages. These achievements are based on length of Voyages and number of Dilemmas resolved. They will not be retroactive, and players who have already logged in today will only see them tomorrow.

We previously announced that a new Daily Mission related to Voyages would also be available. It still needs some work and will go live at a later date.
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for finding that. I'll assume since it's DB that "at a later date" means months if not years from now. ;)
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stygian
    Good find, thanks.

@UnkieB
    Keep up the good work.
  • I brought this up a month ago...no response from db so i think it was just scrapped.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if someone realized that with some players doing 72+ hour voyages to hit every dilemma, that it might be impossible for them to hit a daily target on the day that their voyage is coming back.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if someone realized that with some players doing 72+ hour voyages to hit every dilemma, that it might be impossible for them to hit a daily target on the day that their voyage is coming back.

Yep. And since DB doesn't want to incentivize against a 72 hour dilemma, they won't add a daily target.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest maybe 5 dilemmas a day would be a good daily target.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

quiet ambitious if you compare to other daily Targets. 3 should be more realistic (for those who cant run 6 hour missions)
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dunnagh
    I was thinking the same thing after I wrote it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

That's 10 hours with a likely ~3 hour recall in the middle so 13 hours total. If someone ran a 26+ hour voyage, then the recall time could block them from completing the daily target.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

That's 10 hours with a likely ~3 hour recall in the middle so 13 hours total. If someone ran a 26+ hour voyage, then the recall time could block them from completing the daily target.

The achievement for Dilemmas updates whenever you decide them, so I assume the daily would as well. The only way someone (who hits every dilemma every 2 hours and starts a new voyage as soon as the previous one ends, and who wants to get the daily) could not get a daily target of 5 dilemmas, if they tally like the achievement, would be if they had a voyage that has a recall timer of more than 14 hours (and some minutes). This person would have to finish a dilemma just before the the previous day's "midnight" and wait until just before the 5th dilemma hits to recall. There's another way with recalling just before the previous day's reset (or before the first dilemma of the day) and starting a new voyage less than 10 hours before the day's reset. Either way, you have to be finishing a long voyage and eating up most of the day by recalling (14-hour recall is like a 35-hour voyage).
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

The achievement for Dilemmas updates whenever you decide them, so I assume the daily would as well. The only way someone (who hits every dilemma every 2 hours and starts a new voyage as soon as the previous one ends, and who wants to get the daily) could not get a daily target of 5 dilemmas, if they tally like the achievement, would be if they had a voyage that has a recall timer of more than 14 hours (and some minutes). This person would have to finish a dilemma just before the the previous day's "midnight" and wait until just before the 5th dilemma hits to recall. There's another way with recalling just before the previous day's reset (or before the first dilemma of the day) and starting a new voyage less than 10 hours before the day's reset. Either way, you have to be finishing a long voyage and eating up most of the day by recalling (14-hour recall is like a 35-hour voyage).

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is your math at least somewhat based on not sleeping more than a few hours consecutively?
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is frustrating as hell, some of my fleetmates have this daily now but I and others don't either.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    So I see with the last server update this has finally been added. Rewards are 25K credits for 1 dilemma and 25 merits for 3 dilemmas