Home The Bridge

Trying things out

Just wanted to get things started on the new forums. Not really anything to say yet. Hoping we have fewer problems with having our legitimate posts marked as spam & hoping we don't see so many actual spam posts.

Comments

• Seconded. The bright white is a bit harder on the old eyes. But the most important thing to note is that the forums are FINALLY readable on mobile!
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Seconded. The bright white is a bit harder on the old eyes. But the most important thing to note is that the forums are FINALLY readable on mobile!
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Am getting sunglasses lol *_*
  • [DB:DB] Deb[DB:DB] Deb ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • To honor the old forums:

NOT SPAM
    Perception is the thin dividing line between reality and fiction

Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 53×2★; 78×3★; 196×4★; 87×5★
  • Adjusting the brightness on my phone alleviates the eye strain for me.
  • It's a nice, clean look. I do kind of miss having a dark background, though the norm across message boards and comment sections in most places is black text on white background.

I really like the fact that this new platform saves drafts of messages in real time, and appears to have a full range of rich text/visual options.

And if the spam filters are no longer an issue, this is a clear improvement on net. Very good.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • I actually prefer white over the dark LOL
    Jack Mitchell
  • I think it's more about what your used to.
  • I prefer a darker color to save on eyestrain as the white actually does hurt my eyes. They should add in choices so you can switch the backgrounds around to something you prefer.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I miss the black background of the old forums...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But not the Chinese spam
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hmm, nothing different for me, was always white background...

Nevermind, i see this was a thread necro.
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Hmm, nothing different for me, was always white background...

Nevermind, i see this was a thread necro.

That it is! lol

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    The next time someone chides me for Zombie-ing a Necro thread from Page Four, point them to this thread, please!!!

See if I were you, I'd consider this a challenge ;)

Hold my Andorian Ale.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    It was important to remember just how annoying that Chinese spam was. My gratitude is worth re-visiting thread from days of yore
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    It was important to remember just how annoying that Chinese spam was. My gratitude is worth re-visiting thread from days of yore

Did you try a little oregano?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Um.....what?
    edited March 2019
    Zombie achievement badge unlocked... Page 106. And the Chinese spam was horrendous.
    Um.....what?

To flavor the Spam?
    Um.....what?

To flavor the Spam?

Ah. I’ve never once eaten spam

Um.....what?

To flavor the Spam?

The Chinese Spam was annoying.

Quirky sense of humour is quirky.............

Sorry.
    Um.....what?

To flavor the Spam?

The Chinese Spam was annoying.

Quirky sense of humour is quirky.............

Sorry.

It just seemed like something I would not like. Yes, I am continuing my Bob Newhart type comedic delivery

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it was trying to edit my own message and not being allowed to. Continually calling me spam. That is when I noticed someone with a can of spam for their icon. I was going to do another flavor of Spam. But I noticed a little cartoon character, Sir Spamelot. So I chosed him.