Home Engineering Room
Options

Steam still unplayable with V4 rollout

@Black Pebble , @Shan , would you have any indication of when this may be looked into? I still cannot play on Steam at all. Standard suggestions of "turn off firewall", "turn off anti-virus", etc., does not work.

z1az1tbwbqlc.png

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"

Comments

• Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do other Steam games work?

Are you able to access the game on a mobile device, from the same location?

And you've confirmed Windows isn't blocking it, I'd re-asking for permission to access the network?

Have you tried reinstalling?
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    I have exactly the same problem on my Lenovo Flex3 laptop. Other steam games work, it works fine from my android tablet, I've reinstalled multiple times, I've confirmed exactly the same network permissions other programs have. I've basically given up on the Steam version except I reinstall/retry with each new version hoping it will work.
  • Options
    Do other Steam games work?

Are you able to access the game on a mobile device, from the same location?

And you've confirmed Windows isn't blocking it, I'd re-asking for permission to access the network?

Have you tried reinstalling?

Absolutely yes to all of the above. No problems on both iOS and Android that are experienced on Steam.

I even went to the extent of getting one of our techs to set up a fresh install on a separate network to test things out in our lab and to try and debug this issue. This was back when STT was released on Steam. There were some back and forth with your CS back then, then they basically said the ticket is "solved", but it isn't. That was 7-8 months ago...

I can PM you the ticket number if you need a point of reference.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reporting that STT on Steam plays fine for me after the update. (Playing on Windows 7 64-bit.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I had a problem at first... it took a lot longer then expected to load the update on Steam and I kept getting "Timeline.exe is not responding' but eventually I got it to work.

generally once steam updates, my phone updates automatically. That didn't happen this time, I had to go to the play store and update it myself.