Home The Bridge
Options

Will it be safe to FF Cornwell this week?

Assuming the DYC offer pops up when the fourth Cornwell drops in the threshold table, will it be safe to FF her, or are DB planning to give away the fifth star to everyone after the event is over like Mirror Picard?
Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I do not think you will see that happen.

Actually Shran said no to a freebie, but I do believe they do a pack with chance of getting her or other legends. After event.

I do the first DYC to use those items that come with it. However, I was close to passing it up and just leaving at 4FFE. I have to say the skills was what made me do it. If it had been a SEC CMD and DIP crew, I would not have done the DYC.

Also make sure you do not trigger a DYC that does not allow it when you get her.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're safe. Worst case they do it, you complain, and get some free stuff.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Shan’s original post regarding part 1 of this mega-Event (https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3159/key-information-about-the-week-event-crashing-the-party-02-01-edit-for-name-correction/p1):
    Shan wrote: »
    *snip*

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Prisoner Katrina Cornwell 5* (New)

Regarding the Mega Event recurrent crew, I want to clarify where and when said crew will/could be available:
    - as a threshold reward for each week of the Mega Event
    - in the Dabo Wheel (rare)
    - in a Mega-Event catch-all pack available once the Mega-Event has ended.
    -
    *snip*

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    *snip*

Regarding the Mega Event recurrent crew, I want to clarify where and when said crew will/could be available:
    -
    *snip*

That was understood for all mega event recurring 5*s but we all know how the last one panned out, so them saying this doesn't necessarily mean it's correct. Nevertheless I shall assume that after the Picard incident they won't be that silly again. I hope they don't prove me wrong, but as @GhostStalker rightfully reminded me there's always an upside I guess.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    I didn't get the double up on Cornwell, until she was above level 50. I used a citation for her extra star.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    *snip*

-
    *snip*

That was understood for all mega event recurring 5*s but we all know how the last one panned out, so them saying this doesn't necessarily mean it's correct. Nevertheless I shall assume that after the Picard incident they won't be that silly again. I hope they don't prove me wrong, but as @GhostStalker rightfully reminded me there's always an upside I guess.

I think it's fair to say they've learned their lesson. After what happened in early January, they would sooner give everyone another Mirror Picard than give us a Prisoner Cornwell within the next 6 months anywhere outside that catch-all pack or the Dabo Wheel.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a person who has doubled up her and used honor this would be one time I wouldn't mind it. I will have 2 full 5/5 copies on Thursday and would love to be working towards a 3rd if they gave out sorry mails.

Ill see myself out.

Obviously I have been medical desperate so she's my first gold dup.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m leaving mine at 4/5* for the time being. People say DB won’t make a mind-boggling choice again and then they lay down an 11k dil pack...fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I’ve also decided to give up on all DYC offers anyway as an extra precaution against future lapses in judgment.

I've also been quite fortunate with amassing MED crew thus far, with Crell Moset, AoS Crusher, Mirror Phlox, RAF Bashir, Combat Medic Paris, Holonovel Doctor, and Dr. Crusher all immortalized and both Mirror Troi and Mirror Bev at 1/5* FE.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would just be nice if it was a gold citation was offered at the end of the event. (It's hardly an economy buster at the end of the day).

Therefore everyone is happy the people who spend and those that don't and the inbetweeners.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    That mirror picard thing soured me on buying the 5th star on a mega-event character.
    I do love Cornwell's stats though ;)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming the DYC offer pops up when the fourth Cornwell drops in the threshold table, will it be safe to FF her, or are DB planning to give away the fifth star to everyone after the event is over like Mirror Picard?

@Shan specifically said that would NOT happen.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Safe" is a relative term.

Odds are, there will be a final "collect them all" pack at the end of the event (as there has been with most, if not all, of the mega events)

There will, eventually, be a character with better stats.

In the mean time, she is T10 in voyages and has a very high MED base score for shuttles. She seems very worth of a citation if not a DYS.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Picard thing was because they screwed up the last event, and that was their apology. So unless you think they'll screw up this event again, and then screw up the apology again, I'm going to say yes, it's safe.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I used a citation, using honor that DB refunded after the Picard fiasco.

To me, Shan’s post was a clear enough indicator that they have learned from the Picard mistake and won’t repeat again. Besides if they do, pitchforks will be out and I am pretty sure we will get the honor/DYC back :)
  • Options
    I already used a citation for her. If something goes south and they for some reason give us a copy, I'll ask support to give me an honor refund exchange like what ended up happening for Mirror Picard.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just honour citated her, at the beginning. I doubt she will be given away for free but you never no, people might hoard there rares again and crash the server. Probably less of a draw for lissan than mirror troi or bev though
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I just honour citated her, at the beginning. I doubt she will be given away for free but you never no, people might hoard there rares again and crash the server. Probably less of a draw for lissan than mirror troi or bev though

That's not what "crashed" the server.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Black Pebble has stated more than once that the server issue was unrelated to a Super Rare turn in rush.
  • Options
    I did the DYC on the first week, so only need the 25k points this event and she is FF/FE