Home Make It So!

Shuttle success rates and gauntlet issues

Recently there was a special running for 10 premium pulls for $10. Would have loved to buy this however, I am struggling to justify renewing my monthly card. Why..... The whole premise of the game seems to rely on chance and not the "success perimeters" given by the developers. For example: I am running four shuttles all filled with fully maxed 4 star crew and/or highly leveled 5 star. I generally have a game determined success rate of around 75%-80%. My actual success rat is around 50%-60. This disparity gets magnified during events. Secondly, the Gauntlet seems to have the same issue as of late. I will run a my crew member with the same star lvl ( but different crew...ie both crew are 4 stars and maxed) against a competitor and I will have higher ratings for the skill and still loose. What gives. If everything is random why give success rates and skill points.

I have played this game since the first quarter of 2016. I have had a monthly card for most of that time. I have bought specials from time to time. This is a major issue. It needs solved. It is not a game if it is left to chance.

Comments

• I originally believed the same, however in this event (specifically the Galaxy part) I received far better luck than the numbers provided.

Perhaps I'm a statistical freak, but I had success in all but 6 shuttle missions over the 2 days. None of my 4k shuttles failed at all, and I certainly did not have 100% success rate shown on any shuttles sent.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • I agree with b-dog. Having similar issues. Can't do a double rewards boost during events. I run three shuttles and they all fail with over 95% "success rate". Very common to lose in gauntlet to opponents with half as much attack and less critical chance. Support claims there are no reported issues and advises to look at the forum for strategic advise. Lol
  • So I log back in to game and oh look one of my shuttles has returned. Sent off with 99% success rate. Failed
  • So I log back in to game and oh look one of my shuttles has returned. Sent off with 99% success rate. Failed

Same here, it's happened to me at least 6 times at 99 or 95+%., But for some reason, when {maybe 80% of the time} shuttle missions that are 60% to 85% seem to have a successful mission.

Hopefully will be resolved.

Billy
  • Here's a facepalm to myself.

This discussion is over a year old.

You probably won't respond soon.

Billy
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I get that failure happens whether it is on shuttles or in the Gauntlet. However, what bothers me is what appears to be the high frequency of what should be low probability outcomes. For all the times I fail at 85% or better, someone out there would need to be killing it at 15% for the odds to work out. lol
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that failure happens whether it is on shuttles or in the Gauntlet. However, what bothers me is what appears to be the high frequency of what should be low probability outcomes. For all the times I fail at 85% or better, someone out there would need to be killing it at 15% for the odds to work out. lol

Actually something like this happened to me. Iwanted to fail some shuttles and I put worst crew I had, with 16-20% shown. And all shuttles successed.

And still sometimes it looks like I fail at 95%...
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet