Home Ready Room
Options

What to do with incoming dil? (long-standing player, now f2p)

RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ready Room
Hi all,

With the conclusion of the upcoming event I'll be 1 off from the 200 immortal crew achievement ... i.e. an influx on 750 dilithium.

Background
I've been playing since around June 2016. Had the monthly card late 2016 and stopped that after 2-3 months (can't exactly remember) because the game did not function on my old iPad.
I have since only purchased a 10 packs for €10 offer and did that only once.

I spent all my dil, up till now, on either shuttles (have 4) or crew slots (have 155). I've also extended some Voyages I forgot about ... this has left me with exactly 0 (zero) Dil at present.

Options
So, I can spend it on:

- 1 10x premium/event pack (meh ... almost guaranteed all Honor).
- extending Voyages (getting the 20 hr achievement seems nice to me ... would get the 10 hr one too - i.e. 15.000 Honor).
- buying cadet tickets on specific days (tip from fleet buddy).
- saving it up.

I will NOT spend it on:
- Dabo.
- Gauntlet.
- Shuttles.
- gear etc. etc. etc.

Summary
Any tips from the dil spenders out there on where I might best invest the game currency?
Are there Dil deals in the Time Portal that I should be looking out for to capitalise on?

It will take me eons to get the next immortalisation achievement step, so unless there's another Dil source (e.g. Collection achievements maybe?) this is it for me for the coming while.

cheers.

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    really depends what you want to do with your crew, how many gold citations or purple citations you need, It seems extending voyages would be your best bet they are cheaper than portal pulls and you stand a good chance of getting more purple crew. hitting the achievements target will help bolster your honor if you are saving up for gold citations/behold.

The only other option would be to save up for new event packs if one catches your eye.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I need about 8 million Honor to FF all my remaining crew. I just purchased a citation, so have 113k at the moment. I have around 80-some 4*s non-FF, of which about 1/3rd are not in the portal pool (recent event crew and voyage specials).

I plan to collect as many 4*s I can, realistically I'll only be able to immortalise 5*s if they are mega-event crew. I have all 1-3*s immortalised.

I do well in Faction events (can get top 1000) ... but usually do not have the time/drive to commit to much in Galaxy/hybrid events. I'm a fairly casual player.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage extensions when I forget about them have been my main expenditures lately.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I wouldn't suggest Voyage extensions when you really don't have that much Dil to work with. You'll get more out of it, I think, by buying extra tickets on Thursday for another round of boosts (on Elite, of course), and Saturday for another round of credits. That depends on your needs, obviously. If you don't care about Faction events, boosts aren't as useful, and if you're wanting to do better in Galaxy events, then buying tickets on M-W-F might suit you better. Of course, any way you do it, it won't last long. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Peachtree Rex and Data1001 ...

Yeah, those are the two main things I'm looking at ...

Today I actually forgot about a 7 hr voyage so my levelling took a hit there ... no dil no extension. Emergency fund, as it were, for voyages would be nice.

I do well enough at Faction events that it might merit some more effort. I have 100+ 3* boosts for most skills (for SEC I'm at 60), but am lacking in the 3* boosts to shorten voyages (only 4!). So, could use extra cadet tickets there.
    I can't be bothered with Hybrid/Galaxy events, take up too much time from personal life.

I figured there might be a good deal in the Time Portal to look out for, but I guess not. Yup, it won't last long at all ... ah well ...
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    More crew slots? It's the gift that keeps on being used up!
  • Options
    Hi Rara. I'm in the same situation as you. I started in August 2016, and have 201 immortals, with all 1*-3* immortalized. I only purchase monthly DIL cards ($3.99) and the occasional 5* DYC offer for the mega events. My plan is to save the Dilithium I earn and invest them only in extending Voyages.

If I were to look at all the 4* that I own right now, they break down as follows:

16 4's: Immortalized, in cryostasis
    41 4's: FF/FE
    1 4: FF
    14 4's: 3 stars
    28 4's: 2 stars
    40 4's: 1 star

Total number of 4's I own: 140. Total number of 4's in the game (at this moment): 200

My strategy now is to selectively use citations to FF/FE worthy 4* crew, wait for the galaxy events to earn a FF/FE 4*, and pray that I can get more 4*'s to drop from my Voyages. Occasionally, I forget to recall Voyages, and the Dilithium that I have stored in the bank helps me to extend and not miss out on any acquired loot.

Congratulations, by the way, on your impending 200th immortal!
  • Options
    @Magisse
    Yeah ... but will have to wait for another sale and the next achievement to get even close for another 5 slots. :) That'll take some time.

@The Line Muse Be Drawn, HERE!
    Thanks and good stuff, yes we have similar numbers for 4*s (I have 139, 24 of which are in cryo etc.) ...

I use citations to FF threshold rewards from Faction events (and who are new so not in the pool yet, I did not fully fuse 4* Shran). I've also used 2 on The Clown and, depending on the event schedule, I'll probably use some of the other Voyage-only crew I've obtained.
    It is the 1/4 galaxy community reward that usually gets little love from me and sits at lvl 1 for eons. :)

I also use citations to FF mega-event 5*s ... started that with Picard and have done so for Cornwell too (well, she'll be immortalised tomorrow I think, now still 4/5).

Anyway, thanks all ... I think I'll probably save the Dil for Voyage extensions, should I forget about them and there's a good reward on one. Maybe the odd extra set of cadet tickets, saw today that those cost 150 dilithium.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save it for a rainy planet.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful if you spend it on a voyage in an attempt to reach the achievements.

750 dil is not always enough to reach 20 hours. A fleetmate of mine just did it and it costed him more than 900. On the other hand, I have two other fleetmates who can very nearly hit 10 hours (one made it to 9 hours and 58 minutes earlier today :p) without refreshing, so it probably doesn’t cost them nearly as much.
  • Options
    Feedback

Just some feedback ... I ended up just using the first Dil to extend a voyage a bit and happened to pick up 3 4*s along the way (my best haul ever crew-wise) (Waiterss Ezri, now 2/4, Lily Sloane, now 2/4 and B. Rasmussen, new).

I'll probably end up doing this again in the future.
  • Options
    That's a great extension of the Voyage! I just extended twice and only got dilithium, no extra 4*'s. :(
  • Options
    What I've done is use it to extend voyages to 8-10 hours. 83 dil a voyage is pretty good for what is effectively about 1000 honor and at least 0-2 super rares. I've already FFFEd my common, uncommon and rare, so i'm collecting SRs at present. Best spend for dil out there, easily.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could save it for a crew slot sale, that's probably what Im going to do with mine.
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Yeah ... I've extended one voyage once ... the rest will be saved for a rainy day or if I ever forget about a voyage and it happens to hold good stuff.