Home Engineering Room
Options

Documenting iPhone X UI Issues

eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Engineering Room
I was excited to see iPhone X compatibility with the latest release of v4. However, after playing the game for the last 12 hours, I have found a number of issues with playing the game on the iPhone X. I used italics as they appear not to be issues, but according to DB "working as intended."

Icons have inconsistent spacing. Some overlap making the touch targets more ambiguous and difficult.
v5ppiibbzg00.jpg

The plus sign when replicating an item is well outside the "add fuel" UI element.
q4u97cyx0bwy.png

Furthermore, it is difficult to see the items added to the replicator, not to mention that the name of the item being replicated is well outside the screen.
rcopgmn2iqdu.png

In the vault, the "x" in the character box is obstructed by the currency HUD.
ecdzpdhk2htk.png

A number of characters' artwork are obstructed by the level indicator.aywaa4l7p0kk.png

Clicking on the artwork to see it in a gallery view provided it's own issue of simply cutting off the artwork.
mt56i9pccot2.png

This is also an issue in the starbase UI.cihsximij7cw.png

In addition, I found lists tables to require a significant amount of scrolling with little information. This can be seen in the equipment and vault tables.

I've been disappointed with a lot of decisions. But, when I see issues on 90 percent of the screens I interact with it just makes me want to close the app.
Proud member of eXodus
Join the eXo|plosion today!

Comments

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might want to merge this into the other thread?

Between you and I, I think we’ve managed to find most of the glaring issues.
  • Options
    Thanks for documenting this, I was considering doing the same so you’ve saved me a job. The issues, and they are issues, range from niggles like inconsistent spacing and scaling (in particular the shuttle window vs the transmission window) through to completely broken stuff, like close buttons being cropped off the top of windows.

One of the original hooks that sucked me into this game was the authenticity and the nostalgia of immersing myself in my own little Star Trek universe. Right now, it looks like a cheap knock off and enough to make me consider whether I should continue to play (and pay).
  • Options
    eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Might want to merge this into the other thread?

Between you and I, I think we’ve managed to find most of the glaring issues.

@Shan If you deem appropriate, can you merge these threads?
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!