Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage Notifications Not Happening

13»

Comments

• Options
    Yup, instead of being intrepid explorers this bug has my crew boldly limping where no one has limped before. Don't mind the shuttle notifications not working as much as the voyages.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not bump thread, if I had any news to share on this I would have done so :(
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Please do not bump thread, if I had any news to share on this I would have done so :(
    Sorry, won't do it again. #ashamed
  • Options
    ProsserProsser ✭✭✭
    Oddly today for one set of shuttles I DID get notifications (no alerts though) but not for any others since, could it be some sort of network thing so that the notifications are being lost somewhere en route?

I find I do get notifications for the shuttles, if I don't log in again before they come back. If I log in at all for just a second I don't get them though. And I still never get the actual alert (sound and vibration) either way.
  • Options
    This is still happening and it's been literally months now. Also been months since the last "update" which was little more than "don't bother us and don't remind folk this is happening".

I can't help but feel that if it was giving out dilithium instead of costing it, it would be fixed months ago. But since DB clearly benefits from this bug they're unconcerned with it.

So, any update on this at all? And no, I won't be apologizing for asking this as you all tried to do to the last person who dared ask if this will be fixed.
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    From what I can gather, there are still some people receiving sound alerts on their phones when the voyage and shuttle notifications pop up?

Would that be a fair statement?

After having yet another voyage fail because those magical alerts aren't working on my phone, and haven't been for several months now, I nearly threw the damn thing at the wall in frustration this afternoon..

I'd bought two of the new packs in the last 24 hours, so my dilithium was exhausted as well. And to be honest, I shouldn't have to expend dilithium to extend a stalled voyage if the alerts worked properly. I just don't have the kind of money to throw at this game that I'd like to, so every purchase I make is quite precious to me as my funds are at an all-time low right now - yet I still play the game because I enjoy it. It's one of the few little pleasures I have left.

EVERY single notification on my phone STILL activates the appropriate system sound - EXCEPT for this game now. I used to get the exact same sound as the Google updates, so I'd sometimes have to check the phone to see which app was bleeping at me. Not a problem. If I need to have my phone silenced, I put it on silent. What I don't want is to have important (to me at least) notifications being missed.

Platform is a Samsung Galaxy S4. Updates are all... well, up to date. I've even reloaded the game to see if that jolts something loose, but all to no avail...

Please DB - can you give us an update on this issue, or at the very least confirm that the game is still supposed to give "normal" sound alerts when the shuttle and voyage notifications activate? I'm getting close to the point where I just give it up completely, as this particular bug is really killing my enjoyment now...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no updates at this time, I added a note in the bug ticket that this is still ongoing.
    My hope is that we hopefully will be able to find the issue for the next client update.
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    3 days of failed voyages and zero notifications of any description.

A little piece of UK law - Consumer Rights Act 2015.
    All products must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.

The rules also include digital content in this definition. So all products - whether physical or digital - must meet the following standards:

Satisfactory quality Goods shouldn't be faulty or damaged when you receive them. You should ask what a reasonable person would consider satisfactory for the goods in question. For example, bargain-bucket products won’t be held to as high standards as luxury goods.

Fit for purpose The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods.

As described The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.

l3d5w2pyyc9s.png

ertt7x6pz5g8.png

The notification bar at the top of the screen is eerily vacant of the notifications that should be appearing and making themselves heard.

It used to be full of notifications - and made joyous sounds whenever a shuttle returned. Or a voyage needed attention...

Not any more. After three days of this nonsense, I can't see how I'm supposed to be able to compete in the Galaxy next week with no chrons coming in from voyages.

I'm currently VIP 13 and will be probably cancelling my monthly card and making no further purchases if this issue isn't addressed...
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an adage:
    Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me

For the time being, you should probably change your behavior such that you aren't reliant on voyage notifications. Voyages existed for a long time w/o any sort of notifications. While they are certainly nice to have (and I'd love to have back) you probably need to take a certain degree of responsibility once you noticed the notifications were no longer happening.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    There's an adage:

For the time being, you should probably change your behavior such that you aren't reliant on voyage notifications. Voyages existed for a long time w/o any sort of notifications. While they are certainly nice to have (and I'd love to have back) you probably need to take a certain degree of responsibility once you noticed the notifications were no longer happening.

Generally I would agree and usually return after the 6 hour mark. Sometimes I fail to hit that mark without a notification (usually miss by minutes)
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    There's an adage:

To a degree, I do agree with you Peachtree.

My issue is that there is a bug or a fault in the system, which has been going on for too long now. If there had been an official announcement declaring the removal of all notifications, I would have been prepared to accept it and leave it at that, but it's still not really being recognised as such.

I raised a ticket to enquire as to whether the notifications had been removed, or was this actually a bug? In which case, it was meant to relay that information to the team so that they could investigate and try to fix the problem.

The very polite and friendly CS agent told me that they have yet to receive widespread reports of this issue, which makes me wonder if the CS department are being kept in the loop on this problem?

However, I can take some small satisfaction in knowing that you too, are no longer receiving the audio alerts. This was my concern from the outset - was this a widespread outage or just me? The evidence suggests that not everyone has this problem, but there ARE quite a lot of people that this bug is affecting. And I feel confident now calling it a bug, because it's not an isolated problem.

As I'm sure you well know, it's all too easy to get caught up in other aspects of the game and lose track of what's going on in voyages for a minute or two. I've kicked myself more than once for missing a few things here and there, but this last 3 days have been ridiculous! I can take the fact that my poor crew failed to even hit the 6hr dilemma again - I take full responsibility for any lacklustre performance my crew have during Gauntlet... But I feel this is slightly different as it IS a feature that should be working consistantly... but isn't. It's not something that has been discontinued or removed from the game, it's something that is NOT working.

I don't usually file tickets, as I take ownership of anything that I'm doing wrong, but let's just take a different approach for a second, ok? Let's imagine that I send out an Event shuttle with a certain selection of crew who should be delivering a particular bonus of let's say 3x, and it transpires that the bonus is not working for that crew and the shuttle fails catastrophically, with 99% chance of success, 20 seconds before the event ends and stops me from winning the Legendary that week. Would that constitute a bug that was worth reporting? Or if I buy an event pack that is bugged and doesn't deliver the advertised crew?

I'm not trying to be argumentative Peachtree, and certainly not with you, as I always find your advice and posts on here most helpful, but having suffered 3 days of voyage failures has been a little bit too much for me and I opted to send in a ticket. I even made it patently clear to the CS rep that I was NOT seeking or demanding ANY form of compensation here - I merely wanted CLARIFICATION of this issue.

Some of the notifications still crawl through, bizarrely... I had (silent) notifications that my shuttles had returned this morning, but absolutely nothing from the voyage when it prematurely failed on me again...

Here's hoping they can identify the problem and get it fixed - I can't always have my phone running STT 24/7!
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I started doing is setting a vibration-only alarm. I estimate that every 100 AM will last me 5 minutes. If you're failing all dilemmas, you burn 22AM per minute, so the 100 AM/5 min estimate is pretty close to accurate and is something I can do relatively easily in my head.

Unsure if that's feasible for your situation, but it's what I've had to resort to, and it's worked well enough for my purposes.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prosser wrote: »
    Oddly today for one set of shuttles I DID get notifications (no alerts though) but not for any others since, could it be some sort of network thing so that the notifications are being lost somewhere en route?

I find I do get notifications for the shuttles, if I don't log in again before they come back. If I log in at all for just a second I don't get them though. And I still never get the actual alert (sound and vibration) either way.

I am having the opposite problem since the 5.0 update. I get Voyage Push Notifications, but shuttles are sporadic.

As for the lack of notifications, there is a calculator for voyages, asn has been around since about the 3rd week since Voyages started. I use that formula to set a timer on my phone when I am going to recall a voyage (and giving it a buffer), and it is always accurate so I don't lose any extra dils I didn't want to spend, or time, etc. I also try to remember to set the timer for the dilemmas if I am not near my iPad (which I use for the game, and not my iPhone.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Okay. It's been over 6 months since last post here, and almost a year or so since initial post. This bug has never went away. I still do not receive sound when notifications. The notification never have the right time on them if they pop up (with no sound).

Is this ever going to be fixed? Missing voyage/shuttle notifications mean wasted dilithium or doing worse in events. Pretend it actually GIVES dilithium if that helps motive y'all to actually fix it. But, as I predicted earlier in thread, they have no incentive to fix it as they directly benefit from the bug. It makes users spend more.

Another game had a similar issue. They fixed it in under a month. STT "can't" fix it in over a year. I call BS. They don't WANT to fix this bug or the voyage freezing bug. They make $ off of the bug.
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Actually this was fixed for me and for many by an update last year. Maybe why no posts here, but there was another thread ... Not sure about the time but I definitely get default notification sound or vibrate when they pop. It has saved me a few times when I did not have my own alarm. I hope you can get it sorted.
    PS don't try reinstalling the game unless you are prepared to lose ad benefits for a week, happens to some of us.
  • Options
    Phantum wrote: »
    Actually this was fixed for me and for many by an update last year. Maybe why no posts here, but there was another thread ... Not sure about the time but I definitely get default notification sound or vibrate when they pop. It has saved me a few times when I did not have my own alarm. I hope you can get it sorted.
    PS don't try reinstalling the game unless you are prepared to lose ad benefits for a week, happens to some of us.

It never did for me, and others. I assume many of the others just gave up on a broken game. CSRs act like they're unaware of the issue so I doubt it ever gets fixed. Especially since, as I joked above, the directly benefit from the bug. If it was somehow giving me dilithium it'd be fixed ASAP lol.
  • Options
    My voyage notification of any form has rarely ever worked. Once in a while i will see it. IOS. However it has been this way since voyages started and i am basically used to it as i suspect others are as well, which is why this conversation had just stopped.
    I had intitially, when voyages were implemented, suggested that they place the voyage somewhere in the main screen and not on the galaxy map since it wasnt getting fixed. They have plenty of room on the left to have event add, and sometimes 2 purchase adds simultaneously, that is 3 slots popping out at you. Why cant the voyage be on the right? And pop out or just simply be yellow or red warning where we can see it.
    As others have said this malfunction produces the spending of di. If we were getting double rewards or winning di it would have been fixed.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It would be nice if the notification vibrated or something, but I just use the timer app. I have lost quite a few voyages when I looked away for a few minutes without the timer. I usually catch the notification when it appears, but some apps hide the row.

I usually subtract about 100 am then divide by 22 to get the number of minutes for the timer. 100 = 32 safe minimum + a few minutes to load the game if needed. I don't use the timer for dilemmas as much, but that's simply 2 hours, no math. Shuttles and other timers are pretty easy to duplicate, too.

What are the notifications supposed to sound like? I'm not sure if I ever heard one.
  • Options
    Problem still exists. Message appears, but without sound or vibration.