Home Engineering Room
Options

Update 4.0 No Bootup - black screen

I updated last night and since then my game will not launch. I simply get a black screen. I am running a Pixel 2 XL.

I have nuked game and restarted phone, still the same black screen after launching app.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not even see the Disruptor Beam name/logo?
    What os version do you have, and did you use a resolution compatibility mode previously?

Some players have reported that it can take a while to load, others reinstalled to solve the issue. Only do this if your account is properly registered and you know your credentials.
  • Options
    No Disruptor Beam logo, screen goes black and it stays like that after launch. I have not left it there too long, perhaps loading, I will try.

I have the latest android. it came with 8.0 before other devices had it. I did not run any compatibility mode before. At times the

I may reinstall if it doesn't work, was hoping it was common issue and a hotfix was coming.
  • Options
    If it's any help it took four tries for me before the game would load. It just kept hanging on the DB title card. On the fourth try it loaded... slowly. Then it was back to normal loading speed.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    If you leave it there for a long time it will eventually load and then subsequent launches appears to be better. I also have an Android and a iPad. This issue seems to only have caused issues on my Android.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pepex82 wrote: »
    No Disruptor Beam logo, screen goes black and it stays like that after launch. I have not left it there too long, perhaps loading, I will try.

I have the latest android. it came with 8.0 before other devices had it. I did not run any compatibility mode before. At times the

I may reinstall if it doesn't work, was hoping it was common issue and a hotfix was coming.

Is it still an issue now?
    Is the screen totally black or is there maybe some blue text at the bottom?

• Options
    I turned phone off, waited a bit then turned on and now it game launches fine. Odd that a restart did not work.