Home Make It So!

Please (also) send the release notes as in-game messages, instead of just referring to the forum

edited February 2018 in Make It So!
Dear DB,
could you please kindly post the client/server changes as in-game messages again, instead of just sending an essentially empty message with a forums link...which is NOT CLICKABLE! and requires you to open a browser, navigate to that post manually, and read it from there (causing a restart of STT in most cases when trying to switch back to the game).
For you, sending that info is essentially just a copy&paste. For us it's tedious and forces us to leave your app.

Thank you very much! :smile:

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree can't even copy the text to paste the link from the message, either provide a summary or a link/button that will take you to the desired place.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I agree. Those links that don't work are aggravating. Information should be available in game, ideally.
  • Dear DB,
    could you please kindly post the client/server changes as in-game messages again, instead of just sending an essentially empty message with a forums link...which is NOT CLICKABLE! and requires you to open a browser, navigate to that post manually, and read it from there (causing a restart of STT in most cases when trying to switch back to the game).
    For you, sending that info is essentially just a copy&paste. For us it's tedious and forces us to leave your app.

Thank you very much! :smile:

clickable would be really handy
  • They did that at the beginning and stopped only fairly recently. But yes, I’m all for returning to the release notes as in game messages, not just a reference to the website.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing their reasoning for pointing to a URL is so in case they have to alter the message, they can just change it at its source, instead of re-sending an in-game mail to everyone. (But then, of course, if something is changed, and the player has already visited said link, they will not get that new info, anyway, so it's sort of not the best solution.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"