Home The Bridge

What is DB compensating for T'Kuvma Bonus Bug

I invested in the Double Up for T'Kuvma because I know he would give a healthy bonus. However, as admitted by DB, T'Kuvma's bug could not be fixed. That is a major issue for me. It was stated that T'Kuvma will give the 'best bonus' when he got crap bonus.

T'Kuvma would have been the best bonus character for majority of the characters. Please advise, DB.

Comments

• File a ticket with support, wait a few weeks and see what they come back with.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will not be a global compensation for this.
    All players were affected in the same way for the event itself.
    For something more specific on how this has affected you, please submit a ticket to Support. Thank you.
  • I disagree that everyone was affected "the same way". Players who have lots of 5* Janeways and/or event crew will not be affected as much as someone who doesn't have that luxury and was looking forward to one of the biggest perks in playing a mega event.

• Where is the official bug notice ?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the official bug notice ?

There's a thread in the engineering room.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/211/tkuvma-not-getting-right-bonus#latest
  • Deli wrote: »
    I disagree that everyone was affected "the same way". Players who have lots of 5* Janeways and/or event crew will not be affected as much as someone who doesn't have that luxury and was looking forward to one of the biggest perks in playing a mega event.
    Lots of Janeways... Admiral Janeway wasn't getting a bonus at event start. If you had Coffee Janeway, then you would have used her for all but the SCI recipes. There was only one recipe where T'Kumquat would have worked - it was COM+SEC.
  • edited October 2017
    Deli wrote: »
    I disagree that everyone was affected "the same way". Players who have lots of 5* Janeways and/or event crew will not be affected as much as someone who doesn't have that luxury and was looking forward to one of the biggest perks in playing a mega event.

I have to back you up on this. I have all of my Janeways maxed, most are immortal (Warship and Katrine are the only ones that are not). I have at least one of each Janeway in the game. I had a second Captain Janeway FF, though level 70, that I still utilized a little bit on some shuttles. I placed in the 300's in the event, and the only thing I spent Dilithium on outside of a few Chron refreshes for the second half was to refill my Boost supply for Faction; I did not purchase event packs like I will do otherwise in order to get the featured crew. My Janeways gave a great boost to obtaining the 4* component in the Galaxy half, which helped to keep me in the position I was rank wise. I did not utilize T'Kuvma outside of the latter part of the first half when I leveled him up high enough to have any effect, and even then he was not a real key player because of the Janeway army I have; he was just sitting pretty while my Janeways did all of the work during Galaxy.

Not many people had the necessary crew to get those bonuses especially since only Captain Janeway was not new and actually has nine other variants in game (includes the new 2* that premiered this event as well), most of which are not easy to obtain; Agent, Assimilated, and Klingon Janeways, and Katrine are not yet in the normal circulation of packs, so unless someone bought the packs they were a part of when they premiered, more than likely they do not have them. Admiral and Arachnia Janeways are the only 5* versions that are normal circulation, but their rarity makes them hard to pull. Warship and Captain Janeways may be 4*, but unless you are buying a pack every now and again, your shot at getting them are not great because of their rarity. Rifle Janeway is a 3* and would not provide much help despite being the second most common Janeway now behind the new 2* Kathryn Janeway.

Even as a 1/5, T'Kuvma provided a decent bonus at higher levels. Unfortunately, his bonus being cut down only put those lacking in the other bonus crew at a greater disadvantage to their fellow players like me who already had an army at hand to attack the event with than if the 3x bonus was active.

To those affected: as Shan stated above, send in a ticket stating what you experienced with T'Kuvma and the reasoning of the disadvantage it provided you as you played the event. Since it appears that DB is not going to grant a game-wide compensation, the best you can do at this point is make your cases on individual bases so that you can be compensated for the glitch.

There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Ah I thought something was off. I hope he does for the rest of the mega event because I have been putting work into him purely to help me get other characters. If he's not I may as well ditch him now
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    For something more specific on how this has affected you, please submit a ticket to Support. Thank you.

submit a ticket anyway no one will answer ... I have 16 day tickets ...
  • Shan wrote: »

Sorry to say, but it's not true! DB advertised this character as having a particular bonus, advertisment that made some, if not many, players to buy the double up. That is at best q big screwup on DB's part, or false advertising at worst.
  • [RotP] Scoustar[RotP] Scoustar ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Gotta love DB!

"We messed up. Your problem."

They've fired a bunch of staff, and CS wait time is increasing daily. Now effectively every individual player has been asked to send a support ticket. <snip> Please refer to our Community Guidelines before posting. ˜Shan

And we still don't know if T'Kuvma will work as stated (and re-stated) in the upcoming event!!
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam