Home The Bridge

A new fraction will be introduced - which one?

My fraction screen shows a placeholder "not discovered yet".
I'm curious: who will it be and how can they be discovered?

Regards
Magnum

Best Answers

• It it merely a glitch at this point in time. It always does this every now and again especially after events involving Faction.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • [VIP0] Kooz[VIP0] Kooz ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    reboot the game. it will disappear. as others have said, it's a bug/glitch.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It it merely a glitch at this point in time. It always does this every now and again especially after events involving Faction.

What's interesting is that in the past, the glitch only showed an extra blank "card" -- at least only as far as I ever recall seeing -- but this time, there is also a blank space at the right of the Faction center "quick launch" icons...

zzht66aen9ax.png

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Burnham, MichelleBurnham, Michelle ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I've had that. I excitedly told my fleet who informed me that it was a glitch. Sadly it went away. We could have had a new Tardigrades faction with a 5* Ripper to start us off but no...

Answers

• Mine doesn't show that - and I really hope it's an error. Enough with the faction items. It's annoying. I can load shuttles with immortalized legendaries, they'll pass 65% of the time until it reaches 0%, then back to 65%.

That's not game design.
  • reboot the game. it will disappear. as others have said, it's a bug/glitch.

Good, I was afraid it was going to have something to do with STD.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/3rd/7th.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cappy wrote: »
    I can load shuttles with immortalized legendaries, they'll pass 65% of the time until it reaches 0%, then back to 65%.

Hard to say for sure because what you wrote is confusing, but I'm going to say that's not how it works. As you succeed missions, the difficulty increases. As you fail, the difficulty decreases. The result, as worked out by players, is an equilibrium around 66% success.

It may not be the best implementation, but I wouldn't say "that's not game design." The intention is to maintain a level of difficulty relative to your crew strength, rather than have missions become trivial as your crew gets stronger and stronger.
  • Thworth
  • Dralix wrote: »
    I can load shuttles with immortalized legendaries, they'll pass 65% of the time until it reaches 0%, then back to 65%.

Hard to say for sure because what you wrote is confusing, but I'm going to say that's not how it works. As you succeed missions, the difficulty increases. As you fail, the difficulty decreases. The result, as worked out by players, is an equilibrium around 66% success.

It may not be the best implementation, but I wouldn't say "that's not game design." The intention is to maintain a level of difficulty relative to your crew strength, rather than have missions become trivial as your crew gets stronger and stronger.

That's what I said. I'll get 65% success rate, then lower, then 0%. Then it bounces back to, if I'm lucky, 65%. There is no intention to maintain a relative difficulty level. Difficulty just arbitrarily increases until they cannot be passed. If all crew require a faction items, how is this game design? It's lazy at best.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I said. I'll get 65% success rate, then lower, then 0%. Then it bounces back to, if I'm lucky, 65%.

I really don't think it works that way. Certainly not in my experience. It doesn't just go up to 65, then down to 0, then back to 65 again.
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Is it available as a decimal?
  • Quit dividing by zero people!

mhn088n3ijfv.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • How to tell whether you're German or not: you think that "fraction" and "faction" are the same word.

They are in German, but not in English.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to tell whether you're German or not: you think that "fraction" and "faction" are the same word.

They are in German, but not in English.

Fascinating.

That said, I wouldn't mind a new faction. It'd be fun to see how another group of space-faring peoples are forging the Timelines timeline. A Borg faction could be interesting, some of the Borg items and components used to build Borg items are incredibly difficult to farm through missions and if I could just happen to get them on shuttles or buying them in the faction store, that'd be cool.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Fascinating.

That said, I wouldn't mind a new faction. It'd be fun to see how another group of space-faring peoples are forging the Timelines timeline. A Borg faction could be interesting, some of the Borg items and components used to build Borg items are incredibly difficult to farm through missions and if I could just happen to get them on shuttles or buying them in the faction store, that'd be cool.

Yeah, I think Borg would make the most sense, but could also get behind 8472.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • LOL. I read the title and immediately thought that Magnum, PI is an STO player, since that is the term used to refer to Romulans in STO. They are not a full faction like Federation or KDF.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating.

Neither's a good fit. The Borg have a single purpose and really are dead simple, the only meaningful "Borg" characters are not even part of the collective. We know squat about species 8472, and they may as well be Q for how they overpower all other galactic species we follow.
    Temporal Agents would be fun, but are also limited. Xindi took up more than a season of Enterprise alone, but in the end control a pitifully small region of space.

Maybe a "Villians" f(r)action? We can dump a LOT of fun characters in there, including the rest that I discarded.
  • That's right: the German word "Fraktion" can be translated with the English term "faction".
    https://en.langenscheidt.com/german-english/fraktion
  • Some ideas for new fractions:

- Pah-wraith cult
    - Breen Confederacy
    - X+Y=Z
    - Liberated Cardassia
    - Wormhole aliens
    - DS9 fanclub
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating.

Neither's a good fit. The Borg have a single purpose and really are dead simple, the only meaningful "Borg" characters are not even part of the collective. We know squat about species 8472, and they may as well be Q for how they overpower all other galactic species we follow.
    Temporal Agents would be fun, but are also limited. Xindi took up more than a season of Enterprise alone, but in the end control a pitifully small region of space.

Maybe a "Villians" f(r)action? We can dump a LOT of fun characters in there, including the rest that I discarded.

We have quite a lot of Borg characters (and a few non-Borg) though who still use Borg components even if liberated from the collective.
    Tempted Data
    Riley Frazier
    Seven of Nine
    Seven in Blue
    Mademoiselle de Neuf
    Assimilated Janeway
    Assimilated Tuvok
    Assimilated Torres
    Assimilated La Forge
    Temporal Agent Seven
    Drone Seven of Nine
    Icheb
    One
    Hugh
    Locutus of Borg
    and I don't know if The One, Lore uses any Borg components - I hate Lore so I've never collected him.

And then I know Galen, Agent Janeway, Enabran Tain, Lieutenant Saavik, Senator Creetak, and Donik require subcutaneous transponders and many others need things built from Borg components like Neural Processors.

A Borg faction would just be a good fit.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.