Home Ready Room

Advice needed on (minimum) rare/blue crew

Hi,

gone through all sources to minimize my rare crew, but not really found the stone of wisdom yet. On Saturday I use Lwaxana Troi, Saavik and Vash. Do not have a favourite crew for Sunday yet. For pvp ship battle commander division i use Talos Spock and Commando Crusher in the Val Jean. If I have the Bird of prey full, I wll swap to the Kang/Smiley Combo. No need for shuttles or missions. This is the crew I have at the moment:

3* FE and FL and active

Commando Crusher
Doctor Selar
Dr. Reyga
Expedition Shran
Expedition Vash
Klingon Dukat
Lieutenant Saavik
Lursa Duras
Lwaxana Troi
Maquis Takeover Torres
Mirror 'Smiley' O'Brien
Subcommander T'Pol
Talos IV Spock

3* FE and FL and frozen

Captain Dathon
CMO Ogawa
CMO Pulaski
Command Wrap Kirk
Commander Kang
Commander Maddox
Commander Scott
Constable Odo
Dr. Carol Marcus
Ensign Crusher
Ensign Mendon
Ensign Robin Lefler
First Maje Culluh
Hockey Kim
Holodeck 3 Brahms
Hugh
Mara
Mora Pol
Morn
Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
Private S. Money
Richard Castillo
Security Chief Tuvok
Sniper Ezri Dax
Sniper Reed
The Viceroy
Vedek Winn Adami

3* in working progress

Koloth lvl100
Acting Nagus Brunt lvl 90
B'Etor Duras lvl 80 (not needed for Duras sisters)
Deanna Troi lvl 70
Senator Cretak lvl 70
Third Remata'Klan lvl 70
Duelist Barclay lvl 70
Ambassador Neelix lvl 60 (not needed for Tuvix)
Temporal shift Kes lvl 60
Groundskeeper Boothby lvl 60

Any advice whom to let go? Thanks.

Comments

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    My advice is based on the fact that I don't really go for top spot in Arena ... top 5000 is good enough for me (though I've slipped to around 10.000 recently because I really don't care for Commander). I just put whoever is left in one of my ships and that's good enough, e.g. Spock is not bad.
    So ...

I'd ditch all Arena-specific crew and others like:
    - Crusher
    - Selar
    - Reyga
    - Koloth
    - Shran
    - Dukat
    - O'Brien
    - T'Pol
    - all works in progress when immortalised save either Kes or D. Troi for MED during the weekend. You have some really difficult ones left to level.
    - Those you have frozen should stay so.

You only really need 7 3*s for the weekend and can even whittle it down to 4 if you are in real crew slot trouble.

EDIT: I should explain why I don't go for top spot in Commander ... daily prize is a 3* vessel (useless and I have nearly all max. anyway). I can get the credits for wins in the other two divisions.
    I do not use 3* crew in the other divisions.
  • RaraRacing wrote: »
    My advice is based on the fact that I don't really go for top spot in Arena ... top 5000 is good enough for me (though I've slipped to around 10.000 recently because I really don't care for Commander). I just put whoever is left in one of my ships and that's good enough, e.g. Spock is not bad.
    So ...

- Crusher
    - Selar
    - Reyga
    - Koloth
    - Shran
    - Dukat
    - O'Brien
    - T'Pol
    - all works in progress when immortalised save either Kes or D. Troi for MED during the weekend. You have some really difficult ones left to level.

You only really need 7 3*s for the weekend and can even whittle it down to 4 if you are in real crew slot trouble.

EDIT: I should explain why I don't go for top spot in Commander ... daily prize is a 3* vessel (useless and I have nearly all max. anyway). I can get the credits for wins in the other two divisions.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with arena. Not really bothered, just try to stay arond place 5000. Which crew you use on sundays?
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mara, Saavik, Torres, Ezri ... all I use for weekend challenge reruns (Caturday I use Mara, Saavik and Ezri for max money - Sunday I use Mara, Ezri and Torres for 3rd epic with 1* and 2* communiques and 0* earrings and 2* novels).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Mara, Saavik, Torres, Ezri ... all I use for weekend challenge reruns (Caturday I use Mara, Saavik and Ezri for max money - Sunday I use Mara, Ezri and Torres for 3rd epic with 1* and 2* communiques and 0* earrings and 2* novels).

Thanks Eris, great advice!
  • Combo that I use : Winn, Troi, Money - for max credits on Saturday ; Winn, Troi, Mendon - for 4* replicator ( Sunday ). That way you will spend only 150 merrits.
    For other days - main combo Yar, Janeway /Sito , Sato though is better to use Sato since she is also an alien so you can use her in other days as well.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    So ...

- Crusher
    - Selar
    - Reyga
    - Koloth
    - Shran
    - Dukat
    - O'Brien
    - T'Pol

Thanks for the reply. I agree with arena. Not really bothered, just try to stay arond place 5000. Which crew you use on sundays?

I have the 7 crew option for the weekend (currently not under crew slot pressure) ... but I'm getting kinda bored of using them. :)

I don't really care too much about replicators, as I never have the credits to do full replicator uses on a daily basis anyway ... I only end up replicating items that require an insane/difficult amount of Faction only items or hard to get stuff ... think 3* Champagne etc. (which is a component in a lot of stuff).

So ... on Sunday I run whatever mission I see has stuff I need ... e.g. today I am running Epic mission 1 (History Interrupted) for the Imperial Guard Emblems that Guinan needs (I've run out after levelling all the Andorians for this mega-event) ... and am using Spock, Saavik and L. Troi.
    The other crew I have are Torres, Lursa & Kes (and Money for Sat.).

I've been toying with switching them around a bit (have all 3*s immortalised), especially with all the starbase bonuses my fleet has, just to get some fresh faces on my crew. Didn't get around to it with all the influx of new crew.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another $0.02 to add - I use 7 as well but a slightly different setup:

Lwaxana Troi
    Lursa
    Dr. Selar
    Saavik
    Money
    Maquis Torres
    Odo

If I got down to it, I could toss Odo in the freezer at the very least, as Sunday’s epic missions are far less important after rep rats became so plentiful through voyages. Also, the wiki shows a better drop rate for IG emblems on normal rather than epic.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    My take is B'Etor, Saavik, Kang (because Arena, but he's useful), Torres, Kes. Can run last two epics on Sat and everything on Sun (tested it today). Though I still have totally useless for cadets Kim and O'Brien for Arena so it's still seven for me, LOL.
  • edited February 2018
    For repeat runs of Sat. and Sun., I'm down to four crew.

Sat. Lwaxana Troi, Expedition Vash, Saavik
    Sun. Lwaxana Troi, Saavik, Dr. Selar

Side note: for the Arena, Kang and Florist Q. If Saavik can pass the last node on Sun., I can either freeze Selar or Florist Q.
  • Check out my Cadet Challenge Spreadsheet. It organizes cadets to help you decide on your minimal crew.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S_yqmSXvGxTTNTRzJ4NVdPaUE

"I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Saavik, B'etor, Torres. Three slots, and can run both top weekend missions on Epic.

Edit: should mention that saavik needs some command boost to make it all the way. But with starbases and collection rewards that's much easier now.