Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet achievement

Right now the achievement reward for 20 000 rounds of gauntlet is Locutus of Borg, the first gauntlet-only character. Do we know if DB will add Guinan as the next reward?

This particular achievement seems like something that should be evolving and added to as players complete more and more rounds. Adding the characters as they are retired would make perfect sense to me.
Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been no official word from DB, but lots of speculation from the players. And at this point nobody has claimed to have finished 20,000 rounds of Gauntlet, so it's not verifiable as of yet. However, I suspect that someone will get to that point within a month or two.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    There has been no official word from DB, but lots of speculation from the players. And at this point nobody has claimed to have finished 20,000 rounds of Gauntlet, so it's not verifiable as of yet. However, I suspect that someone will get to that point within a month or two.

The highest claimed rounds I have seen is 14500. I am around 13600 now and expect to hit 20k some time in the May/June range.
  • Options
    It might also mean that, 20k round is the end of the road for that particular achievement.
  • Options
    I am around 14000 Gauntlets rounds and I don't have a single copy of Locutus of Borg... I WANT HIM!!!
    In 2 months he will be mine. I hope that D.B. won't change the reward for this achievement, it would be REALLY disappointing :(
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am around 14000 Gauntlets rounds and I don't have a single copy of Locutus of Borg... I WANT HIM!!!
    In 2 months he will be mine. I hope that D.B. won't change the reward for this achievement, it would be REALLY disappointing :(

I hope they don't change it but I hope hey add Guinan as an ADDITIONAL achievement
  • Options
    I know people are excited to see who the new Honor Hall crew is. Personally, I'd like to see this cycle as Locutus, then next time Gauntlet rotates, Guinan in Honor Hall. Give those that won Gauntlet crew, a 6 month or so advantage, then allow everyone else to buy the crew with Honor.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Edit: misread post
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people are excited to see who the new Honor Hall crew is. Personally, I'd like to see this cycle as Locutus, then next time Gauntlet rotates, Guinan in Honor Hall. Give those that won Gauntlet crew, a 6 month or so advantage, then allow everyone else to buy the crew with Honor.

Too many people won Locutus/Guinan in gauntlet. They would never sell the crew in the Honor Hall. It needs to be an exclusive or too many people will just buy citations instead.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't see them replacing Locutus. I can see them adding Guinan at 30k rounds.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guinan will be the achieved at 1,000,000,000 rounds
  • Options
    I hope they don’t change it, as I still don’t have him, he is 1 of the 7 I am missing.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

That would **tsk tsk** IMO. If you are lucky you get the character for free if you are unlucky you have to burn a large amount of a resource which accumulate slowly.

• Options
    Why should every crew member be available to all? There are heaps I haven't got because I haven't been playing very long. Locutus is one of them.

I am looking forward to The Caretaker for this very reason.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Why should every crew member be available to all? There are heaps I haven't got because I haven't been playing very long. Locutus is one of them.

I am looking forward to The Caretaker for this very reason.

Because, in the case of the gauntlet, competitive balance is actually a little bit important. They need to do some combination of continually release "stronger" characters (like when Kahless was released), providing "inferior" characters that have a chance at competing with those other characters (like when Picard was released), and making "older" characters more widely available (you could argue achievement-Locutus falls into this category, but it will take a while before someone who doesn't have one gets to 20k anyways).
  • Options
    I’m currently at 13,614 rounds in the gauntlet. I’m averaging 972 rounds per month.

I am expecting to hit 20,000 rounds in September for my 1st Locutus
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    I would be happy enough if Locutus went into the honor hall. Like I wouldn't drop the 100k on him, as I already have a star on him but it would be a nice touch to let others get him too. We need more Locutus walls in the game.
  • Options
    garner wrote: »
    I would be happy enough if Locutus went into the honor hall. Like I wouldn't drop the 100k on him, as I already have a star on him but it would be a nice touch to let others get him too. We need more Locutus walls in the game.

lol I still need Locutus and if he showed up in the honor hall i would dump 100k on him in a heartbeat. I'd take the DYC and then when I hit 20k rounds Id take the DYC again! I really wish they'd move him over to the Honor Hall! Or.... at least add some more people to it....
  • Options
    25 or 30k rounds would be a proper continuation for Guinan.

Lol I finally saw how many rounds I've done..
    Like 4150.. I don't know how I've done so few compared to some of you 10k players lol.
    I've been at it since it started..
    so it'll be about this time next year for my 3rd Locutus star. (Or maybe 4th as I may citation him once prior)

• Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of my fleetmates are at 18000-19000+ rounds so they should get there very soon but I'm sure there's nothing beyond that since DB hasn't updated any of the achievements since they came out.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Two of my fleetmates are at 18000-19000+ rounds so they should get there very soon but I'm sure there's nothing beyond that since DB hasn't updated any of the achievements since they came out.

DB hasn't updated ANY achievements since their initial release. That was something Nod did for us.

For example, the X Voyages completed wasn't filled in for 500 until recently, but it was already there.

That doesn't mean it us guaranteed to be there, but I would be surprised if it wasn't implemented eventually.
  • Options
    As some who has 8/5 Guinan, I don't know that I could convince myself to push for another 10,000 gauntlet rounds for 650 honor. I understand people don't have her, and that the achievement would be a good way to reward players, but it is also worth noting that Guinan was the rare reward considerably longer than Locutus, with a larger player base. It's probably the right move for the greater player base, but definitely would impact my desire to rack up rounds.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    As some who has 8/5 Guinan, I don't know that I could convince myself to push for another 10,000 gauntlet rounds for 650 honor. I understand people don't have her, and that the achievement would be a good way to reward players, but it is also worth noting that Guinan was the rare reward considerably longer than Locutus, with a larger player base. It's probably the right move for the greater player base, but definitely would impact my desire to rack up rounds.

Let's be honest, we'll do those rounds nonetheless, won't we? The steps are too high at this point for the reward to be the main factor.
  • Options
    Friend of mine in the game just got the Locutus reward. He says there is nothing beyond that right now.
  • Options
    Friend of mine in the game just got the Locutus reward. He says there is nothing beyond that right now.

Screenshot?
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

Considering large numbers of the player base didn't get her it would make sense to add her as a reward.

Those who were lucky to have got her more than 5 times will obviously have a bit of bad luck for a change - if they do complain they won't be taken seriously by the rest of us
  • Options