Home The Bridge

Worlds smallest violin for no Guinan in gauntlet

11108 gauntlet rounds without Guinan. Anyone else got more rounds without getting Guinan?9yesuuvaogxs.png
pw469n5aejea.png

Comments

• Lol I haven't gone 11,000 rounds period.
    I think it at.. 6 ?
    Either at 4000s or in the 6000s

Maybe luck will be kind to you and you'll get there first Banjo Man
  • edited February 2018
    Lol I haven't gone 11,000 rounds period.
    I think it at.. 6 ?

That happened to me...played really hard to get locutus...never got him. The first day guinan was available...i got her. Then 2 months later i got locutus from the one and only pack he was ever featured in...got him on the first pull!!
  • about 7k and still not 1 Guinan
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I haven't gone 11,000 rounds period.
    I think it at.. 6 ?

That happened to me...played really hard to get locutus...never got him. The first day guinan was available...i got her. Then 2 months later i got locutus from the one and only pack he was ever featured in...got him on the first pull!!

Rejoin the Collective? That was a great pack for me. In 3 pulls I got Assimilated LaForge and Assimilated Torres (and Assimilated Tuvok).
  • 11k rounds and no Guinan is terribad! RNG is mad at you! What did you do to anger it?
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    11k rounds and no Guinan is terribad! RNG is mad at you! What did you do to anger it?

Clearly forgot his monthly sacrifice a few too many times
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    @(KM) Yojimbo - For your 11,108 rounds played in The Gauntlet thus far, were a portion of them while Locutus of Borg was the Rare Reward? Did you ever win a Locutus?
  • 5/5 Guinan but would trade 4/5 for 1/5 Locutus :D:D
  • eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I understand that while the number of rounds played per Guinan is a simple correlation, it is important to note that not all rounds are equal (how many boxes are opened and of what value), nor does it take into account how one finishes and their respective rewards. These factors are important as the odds increase with both.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that while the number of rounds played per Guinan is a simple correlation, it is important to note that not all rounds are equal (how many boxes are opened and of what value), nor does it take into account how one finishes and their respective rewards. These factors are important as the odds increase with both.

100% agree. I'm pretty sure 4 of my 5 Guinans came from Top 10 end-of-gauntlet boxes which aren't available from streaks at all.
  • I understand that while the number of rounds played per Guinan is a simple correlation, it is important to note that not all rounds are equal (how many boxes are opened and of what value), nor does it take into account how one finishes and their respective rewards. These factors are important as the odds increase with both.

100% agree. I'm pretty sure 4 of my 5 Guinans came from Top 10 end-of-gauntlet boxes which aren't available from streaks at all.

And as a counterpoint, all my Guinans came from 3 and 6 winstreak boxes. I've finished in the top 10 multiple times and never gotten a Guinan from my rewards there.

As a counterpoint to your counterpoint, 4 of my 8 Guinans came from end-of-gauntlet boxes ;)

I think everyone probably has a different experience. My point was not all rounds are equal nor finishes.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Lol I haven't gone 11,000 rounds period.
    I think it at.. 6 ?

Rejoin the Collective? That was a great pack for me. In 3 pulls I got Assimilated LaForge and Assimilated Torres (and Assimilated Tuvok).

Exactly the pack...got quite a few other good 5 stars too!!
  • Rejoin the Collective - was the 1st pack that had me airlock a Gold / Legendary crew.

I thought I was using some good strategy when I did double the crew on the Borg Queen when I had her 4/5. Well... You know what happened 1 pack and = pulled Borg Queen from Rejoin the Collective. Dooooh!!!

Hey, that sort of thing happens in this game. Oh well.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win 2, lose 1, repeat forever. You will eventually get a 10k round count, but the only boxes you will ever win will be the final rewards at the end. Vs win 10k straight and have 3333 boxes won + ending rewards. Obviously the average player will be between those two, but that's a large variation in possible boxes that someone can open for a given 10k rounds.
  • I understand that while the number of rounds played per Guinan is a simple correlation, it is important to note that not all rounds are equal (how many boxes are opened and of what value), nor does it take into account how one finishes and their respective rewards. These factors are important as the odds increase with both.

And as a counterpoint, all my Guinans came from 3 and 6 winstreak boxes. I've finished in the top 10 multiple times and never gotten a Guinan from my rewards there.

As a counterpoint to your counterpoint, 4 of my 8 Guinans came from end-of-gauntlet boxes ;)

I think everyone probably has a different experience. My point was not all rounds are equal nor finishes.

Agreed.

Only 2 of my 10 came from end rewards. At least 5 were streaks under 10 wins.
  • Rejoin the Collective - was the 1st pack that had me airlock a Gold / Legendary crew.

I thought I was using some good strategy when I did double the crew on the Borg Queen when I had her 4/5. Well... You know what happened 1 pack and = pulled Borg Queen from Rejoin the Collective. Dooooh!!!

Hey, that sort of thing happens in this game. Oh well.

I feel bad since i also got the BQ's DYC, but my first pull gave me my first locutus.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Win 2, lose 1, repeat forever. You will eventually get a 10k round count, but the only boxes you will ever win will be the final rewards at the end. Vs win 10k straight and have 3333 boxes won + ending rewards. Obviously the average player will be between those two, but that's a large variation in possible boxes that someone can open for a given 10k rounds.
    True, but serious,y do think that’s how I got most of my 11,000 rounds?

• For the record. I have had way over a dozen 1st place finishes. Numerous 2nd-3rd place finishes. In fact I finished top14 in all but 5 or 6 gauntlets, missing only 1 day of playing. While I didn’t play for streaks I had my share, it’s pretty difficult to get to i11k rounds without them (using dilithium maybe 3 times.).
    I did get. a Locutus on 3rd day the gauntlet started and no legendary characters since. Now take a guess how many rounds that’s been?
    I started this topic because I’m just curious what is the highest amount of rounds without getting Guinan?
    Well if I don’t get Caretaker I have an official starting point of how many rounds without him.
  • Hmm, I can take a guess. Looking at the wiki when gauntlet and achievements started I have conservatively estimate 16,000 consecutive rounds without a Locutus or Guinan. Cue the violin.
  • edited February 2018
    Guess who just got The Caretaker on a three-win streak? Not just any streak, but literally my first three rounds in the gauntlet since it started up again.

m0pucqa1ze1s.png

*ducks in anticipation of things being thrown by frustrated gauntlet-goers*

You wont get anything thrown at from me...i got guinan on the first day...i think on my first 9 wins when gauntlet resumed. My time to aquire him will come. Congrats!! and please do make a forum post of his stats once you fe him.
  • 14,111 rounds and violin stops. Got a legendary character from gauntlet. You can likely add another 5,000 rounds before the counter the started.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did about 12'500 rounds with Guinan and 2'000 rounds with Caretaker ... no Guinan and of course no Caretaker either. I wasn't around for Locutus.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got Guinan and I will never get Caretaker.