Home Make It So!
Options

How to option into the first page of a thread?

edited February 2018 in Make It So!
This question is obviously regarding the new forums. At least 90% of the time, I come here (I guess technically that this pertains to my usage of the old forums, but whatever) to read about what crew to get ready for next weekend's event or to read up on a newly released game feature. While the replies can be illuminating and helpful at times, they're not the first thing I want to read especially if the opening post has been edited to include the information that I do want to read first. Yet, the new forums do not seem to have the option to open a thread to the first page, or any specific page for that matter, but only the first page that has unread posts. So, my two questions are.

1. Is this feature actually enabled and I just am too blind to have discovered it on my own?
2. If this is not currently enabled, can we expect to see it enabled in the near future?

Thanks.

[Edit] I accidentally discovered the solution to this. When not logged into the forums, it always defaults to the first page. So I simply never log in to the forums anymore.

Best Answer

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017 Answer ✓
    Yes, this is truly annoying. In the old forums, we had a choice to go to page one of a thread (by clicking the title), or the most recent post (by clicking the link under the "Latest Post" column).

Now, when entering a thread, it automatically brings us to the last post, no matter how many pages deep that may be. When I want to view the first post in a thread -- for example, the notes on an upcoming event -- I then need to click back to that first page.

Please fix this.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Answers