Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

What Is Your Favourite Next Gen Movie? 24 votes

Star Trek: Generations
4%
Woghd 1 vote
Star Trek: First Contact
79%
Magisse William T. RikerNad HalKaiteeeXo | Cadet MattRennJaxo12345678 of 123456789Ricard Daystrom Odo MarmarosaTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Capt. Pete OwenCaptain CrouchyYankee TraderAlmost a AngelJayne Cobb (aka Kelpien Sushi)JoeSage2Captain P (ESB)guest_703202959753218Wildstar19 19 votes
Star Trek: Insurrection
16%
PallidyneFantômas[DC] Picard Loves RedsDr. Creon (¥SA) 4 votes
Star Trek: Nemesis
0%

Comments

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting FC by a wide margin on this one.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the thing about Insurrection... it's pretty average, but of all of them it felt the most TNG to me. Generations was the mess it was, Nemesis was so bad I want to give Tom Hardy a hug just because he has to live with having been in it (I mean, not the only reason...), Insurrection seemed like a big episode of the show, and I liked that about it. It didn't build on top of that foundation to go anywhere extraordinary, the writing was lazy in a whole bunch of places, seriously the Ba'ku needed a slap in their self-righteous space elf faces, but I thought the movie's heart was in the right place even if its brain was MIA.

First Contact is absolutely better, but it doesn't feel like TNG to me - I feel like there's TNG the series, and the TNG movies are this separate entity where it's all about Picard and Data and let's blow some stuff up and fight a bad guy. I'm not saying there's anything inconsistent with FC compared to the series - if anything it's a pretty straight-up sequel to Best of Both Worlds - but I dunno, it's very good but it's not what I love about TNG.