Home The Bridge
Options

How helpful is the new cryostasis vault upgrade?

S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I’m loving it. Rewards, cryostasis search options... wonderful!

How helpful is the new cryostasis vault upgrade? 148 votes

Absolutely top notch- game changer
37%
Peachtree Rex<TGE> DangerDrakeCaptainUnderpants[DDF] Marge GundersonCanAus ToddFor Cardassia[NDQ] Joker41NAMProsserRocpileBardezNiner47[TFA] CeleresNeos472[QH] OxmyxJim RaynorSpaceWereDragonCommander TuckerKTzCaptain Q[SJ] Admiral Aki 55 votes
Great
55%
uss_bonaventureAstrometricsJeanLucKirkSixDifferentWays[KM]VidemCaptain TFSabine of AthensCaptain Durf[SSR] The Iron CowDpmtLalandraTravis S McClain William T. RikerehmigaZann Calcore (ISA)[PAaA] Peanut3141Vaelerys TargaryenGrumpferCapt AjammElby780505 82 votes
Nothing special
2%
[KM] UL1R53pbertal103JoeSage2 4 votes
Problematic due to older players becoming overnight millionaires
4%
Captain_WhoZombie Squirrel Jim SteeleCatpainAutomaton_2000Trepanator 6 votes
Too complex
0%
Stygian 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    @Zombie Squirrel - I definitely hear what you are saying, but practically speaking, is there any way to change/upgrade the game, which would narrow the so called 'status gap' between new and old players?
  • Options
    If it weren't for the bonus skill & prof, I wouldn't be collecting all the bonuses right away. All good though, except the crew leveling proficiency bonus now has screwed up my math! Used to be 28 gold +3 purple from 70 to 80, 36 gold from 80 to 90, and 41 from 90 to 100. Now I need to refigure all that! (I know I know - rich people problems. LOL)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    If it weren't for the bonus skill & prof, I wouldn't be collecting all the bonuses right away. All good though, except the crew leveling proficiency bonus now has screwed up my math! Used to be 28 gold +3 purple from 70 to 80, 36 gold from 80 to 90, and 41 from 90 to 100. Now I need to refigure all that! (I know I know - rich people problems. LOL)

If you had a big 'rich people problem' with trainers, then you would be awash in so many of them that you wouldn't even be paying attention to this particular math ;)
  • Options
    Problematic due to older players becoming overnight millionaires
    Irial wrote: »
    @Zombie Squirrel - I definitely hear what you are saying, but practically speaking, is there any way to change/upgrade the game, which would narrow the so called 'status gap' between new and old players?

No there isn t. But it would help not giving out more new base and prof skill bonuses and adding more starbase lvs to such. Cause this only makes it even worse.

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great
    I am honestly waiting for a nuclear meltdown over the proficiency boosts favoring players with money to spend. I give it until noon est... Personally I enjoyed the collections and getting a direction on who to level next since I’ve gone F2P and needed new goals other than working more hours to buy more event packs.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Great
    All the bonuses are generally core bonuses so while it will help somewhat in Faction missions I don't see a major issue. I am surprised there is no tier for super-rares or legendary characters. I would expect to see some nicer bonuses for those but it could be that DB is just holding off to see how this changes to game until implementing that.

Overall I think it is great. It does make me now want to go back and try and work on common and rare crew in which currently I am simply avoided.
  • Options
    Also, it shows you much more quickly where your gaps in certain crew are, apparently I need a bunch of Bashirs!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great
    Nero84 wrote: »
    All the bonuses are generally core bonuses so while it will help somewhat in Faction missions I don't see a major issue. I am surprised there is no tier for super-rares or legendary characters. I would expect to see some nicer bonuses for those but it could be that DB is just holding off to see how this changes to game until implementing that.

Overall I think it is great. It does make me now want to go back and try and work on common and rare crew in which currently I am simply avoided.

There are proficiency bonuses--- didn't count up what was there, but I personally have just 1% added to most values.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Great
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Nero84 wrote: »

There are proficiency bonuses--- didn't count up what was there, but I personally have just 1% added to most values.

Ya I noticed that after I posted but gauntlet is more about staying aware of the timer and having a good rounded crew. I don't see the proficiency bonus causing major issues. Some of my fleet members have higher values than 1% but it still isn't crazy.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great

[/quote]

Looks like 2-3% prof boost for each skill with a massive collection. When looking at Def Phlox and Gowron and Seven of Nine having 800+ high rolls, thats a decent bump to get over for those with 70 crew slots that didn’t take the time to freeze every new crew. I don’t mind being rewarded for all the effort of collecting myself, but I can imagine the forums running low on fire extinguishers once more people have seen it. Can no longer solely rely on a huge fleet to get you those boosts :)
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Nothing special
    I had actually waited for proper cryo search. And, well, Duchamps is still not Worf as far as search is concerned. So when you need to drag out event crew...

Also it's still only skills that are shown even if it's compensated by trait search.

In comparison to that free 3k chrons are kinda meh.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got so much from this I can't help but be ecstatic. I was also kind of lax on crew levelling for a while because the immortalisation milestone always seemed so far, but this has me levelling more 1* and 2*s to complete collections, and I'm shockingly enjoying that.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Too complex
    The bigger question is, will this change the way you play the game?

When it comes to searching - YES. When it comes to levelling decisions - UNLIKELY.

Please, pretty please, can we have a special filter option for ‘Event’ which changes every Wednesday to show just the current Event’s crew?
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

+3% for each of the 6 skills for proficiency and +5% for each skill for the base stat

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Great
    I don't think the skill sort function is working right, particularly on crew that are already in cryo.

Otherwise, I think this is a massive improvement.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Great
    The only collection i strongly believe should be added that is missing is one for golds that are fully equipped. It takes alot of effort to level a legendary but it's unlikely every leveled legendary will become immortalized.

After immortalizing all 1-4*, the milestones will become of interest to whales only. Which is something to be avoided, imo.

Collections should have some path the moderate spender can take & still be rewarded for their efforts.

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    Great
    Shran Wrap wrote: »
    Why doesn't sorting by skill include frozen crew? This is only useful if all crew are included. I want to know if my frozen crew is more proficient than my active crew.

This
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Great
    Shran Wrap wrote: »
    Why doesn't sorting by skill include frozen crew? This is only useful if all crew are included. I want to know if my frozen crew is more proficient than my active crew.

I also came here to talk about this, and to inquire of the forum mods as to whether this is intentional or a bug.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the development, now please do the same for inventory, for me this is more important than the vault. And make faction stores showing us how much of the items we have in inventory.
    Thanx up!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say good, not great and certainly not a game changer - a game changer would be something like getting 50 Legendaries FF lol.

In the grand scheme of themes it is however helpful and gives something back (that's all you can say), it's an obvious improvement for all the effort put in, but there are still many other issues to address.

It's a small thing but I do like the XP increase on trainers, confused the (you know what) out of me to begin with.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great
    Vault
    The vault search option is good ... but as others have stated, it doesn't work correctly yet (this is also the case for the crew search) ... Picard/Worf etc variants not showing up if you search under that name ... not all crew going to the top when you highlight a specific skill ... still some work to be done here.

Collection Rewards
    What I like about the collection system is that it actually rewards the way I've always played the game ... with the goal to collect as many different crew as I can no matter how useless.
    The rewards themselves are nice, but secondary ... what is great is that I've been rewarded (in the general sense) for the way I approach this game (the immortalisation achievement that we got at one stage was something I've always felt to be a bit "meh").

So, no ... not game changing, because, basically, I'm just going to continue to do what I've done for the past 12-18 months (when I stopped air locking crew I didn't have). :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Great
    Stygian wrote: »
    Please, pretty please, can we have a special filter option for ‘Event’ which changes every Wednesday to show just the current Event’s crew?

You just need to type in "Garak" "Dukat" "Odo" and "Troi" for this week's event. Similar in future events. Not difficult really?
  • Options
    I believe in giving credit where credit is due. The new Cryostasis Vault and Collections are awesome! I also find them exciting because this feature can be expanded on a LOT. Thank you very much DB! Also, thank you for The Caretaker's stats! MED/SCI/ENG with and INSANE ENG roll! YES! :) Now, if RNG will be kind enough to let me earn one! :)
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from the fact that I’m now missing crew that I definitely know I had frozen, it’s fine... but that’s pretty bad.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great

You just need to type in "Garak" "Dukat" "Odo" and "Troi" for this week's event. Similar in future events. Not difficult really?

I 100% agree with you, it isn't difficult ... until they have an event that features all "Discovery" crew ... type that in and you get nothing.
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I remember saying I was disappointed with the lack of change to the cryo vault last week, foolishly assuming the forced upgrade would bring little in terms of new functionality. I was wrong, full stop. Collections are great, and the new search feature was very badly needed.

For people complaining about “lack of balance between new/old players,” what do you call your crew? 200+ immortalized crew provide more advantage than any residual bonuses might; are we saying that is somehow unfair? For that matter, the collection rewards that came “overnight” for the most established players weren’t some arbitrary windfall. The effort invested and commitment needed to earn those rewards stretches back through a year (more likely two) of playing STT. And anybody who wants to spend the time and sweat to earn them in the future can do the same (in a frankly much easier, player-friendly environment). It’s a nice way to give a bump to people who put in the most, and that’s generally how reward structures should work. This isn’t “Harrison Bergeron: The Game” after all...
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I 100% agree with you, it isn't difficult ... until they have an event that features all "Discovery" crew ... type that in and you get nothing.

Or all Sisko, or all Worf or all Kira, with their Hologram alts not having their main cast name in their attributes.
  • Options
    Also, the Collections show you much more quickly where your gaps in certain crew are, apparently I need a bunch of Bashirs!