Home Make It So!
Options

Make Forum Reporting Anonymous

Currently, if you flag a comment (at least as abusive) it posts the names of those who flagged it (see image below). I think this is inappropriate and only invites the original poster to abuse and retaliate against those who have reported him or her and will discourage people from reporting posts and deal with silly "debate" as to why they were reported.

v2zpt5rtx6gq.png

Comments

• Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Same with upvotes .. really ... all those things should be "behind the scenes" ..
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »
    Same with upvotes .. really ... all those things should be "behind the scenes" ..

I don't have a problem with the upvote being public - yet. I might prefer a tally of up/down instead.

But the flag/abuse should be entirely behind the scenes. Not just anonymous like "4 people flagged but we don't know who they are" - only the moderators should know that a post has been flagged.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Ditto wrote: »

I don't have a problem with the upvote being public - yet. I might prefer a tally of up/down instead.

But the flag/abuse should be entirely behind the scenes. Not just anonymous like "4 people flagged but we don't know who they are" - only the moderators should know that a post has been flagged.

totally agreed .. just pointing out both are visible, and if solution is make both visible or both invisible ... it should clearly be both invisible .. ;) Assuming they can't be controlled seperately ... :)
  • Options
    Nah.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems this change has been made.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Yeah, interesting. I understand the reasoning behind wanting to do that, but I wish I could still see the people who gave me "upvotes" (aka "awesomes"). It was nice to be able to see those, via my profile... made me feel a sort of affinity, if you will, with them. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah, interesting. I understand the reasoning behind wanting to do that, but I wish I could still see the people who gave me "upvotes" (aka "awesomes"). It was nice to be able to see those, via my profile... made me feel a sort of affinity, if you will, with them. ;)

As you should. That is how good faith is built and if it is given then you have earned that