Home The Bridge
Options

10x Pull Duplicated options. Should this happen?

aor8l4l54xga.png

Just got that offered to me in a 10x Time Portal, but never have I ever had it offer me two of the same crew. It always offers me three different crew usually. Is this normal? Should I send in a ticket?
Ten Forward Loungers (10 Forward, Fair Haven and Starbase Sullivan)
Wait, three fleets on some kind of Star Trek? Lets rock and roll!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    If I remember right, it's "s***s to be you" unless all three are the same.

(really DB? That's a bad word?)
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's normal but it's not considered a bug unless it's all three the same. You can try to ticket it but I'd just take your monkey man and run.
  • Options
    AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    You are lucky. Send a ticket, and they will give you a 4* of your choice (also works on 5* Double Beholds). It's a policy, but some CS are not familiar with it. if they give you grief, we can cite ticket #s where it was honored.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a behold with 2 Chief O'briens and waitress Ezri yesterday.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I've ticketed it just to see where I stand on this and if there is anything that can be done.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You get any 4* of ur choice as replacement for ur picked O‘Brien.

Edit: Sorry, was already answered.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    At least you got Gralik, which is something you don't have. If I get a behold that gives me anything useful, it's a happy day for me. As well as most advanced players I would say...
  • Options
    I had that same thing with the same O’Brien’s and Apollo
    CS told me they will do a one time exchange if I didn’t want Apollo
    I turned it into the final Dominion Dukat and immortaled him
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem for me, is I do not know how they made this programming mistake.
    The easiest way to handle this in get RN translate it to Crew so you now have a pointer to crew. Make sure next pulls do not equal that pointer. If they do either get new RN or just add one or subtract one for next crew (check boundaries of list, adding or subtracting pointer to list should be a subroutine because you want to treat this list as a queue.) now get next make sure it does not match if it does repeat above process to get new pointer.

With this in mind the only way a dupe could happen is if he is on the list more than once.
  • Options
    The real question here is how can this still be happening? I mean, surely it would be more cost effective for DB to fix this than to pay CS people to deal with the same issue over and over and over and over....

You would think so! And I can't imagine that it's anything other than an extremely trivial fix, either.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    The easiest way to handle this in get RN translate it to Crew so you now have a pointer to crew. Make sure next pulls do not equal that pointer. If they do either get new RN or just add one or subtract one for next crew (check boundaries of list, adding or subtracting pointer to list should be a subroutine because you want to treat this list as a queue.) now get next make sure it does not match if it does repeat above process to get new pointer.

With this in mind the only way a dupe could happen is if he is on the list more than once.

Or just create an array of acceptable crew, generate a random number within the array range, select the crew at that index in the array, then remove that choice from the array, and repeat.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    For future reference here is the official post from DB about this (in case you need to point CS in that direction)...

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/67475/#367159
    You mentioned something else that should not and normally does not happen. If you receive a behold that is all crew that you already have, you will not be offered an exchange. However, if you get two of the SAME crew in a single behold, we will offer to swap the result.
  • Options
    see when this happens do you need a screenshot to prove it or can you just tell them the last behold i had, had 2 duplicates and they can check for themselves
  • Options
    I sent screenshots
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    An O'brien sandwich!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The real question here is how can this still be happening? I mean, surely it would be more cost effective for DB to fix this than to pay CS people to deal with the same issue over and over and over and over....

Its happening because DB is I*********t.

I got a behold. It said I didn't have Temporal Seven. I did, she was just frozen. (I have two accounts.)
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's normal but it's not considered a bug unless it's all three the same. You can try to ticket it but I'd just take your monkey man and run.

I was wondering if anyone still played, "monkey in the middle". Now we know.
  • Options
    I pull immortal beholds pretty consistently now. They should send 17,800 honor to your inbox automatically anytime this happens.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    see when this happens do you need a screenshot to prove it or can you just tell them the last behold i had, had 2 duplicates and they can check for themselves

They should be able to check it. But always good to have screenshot.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

You would think so! And I can't imagine that it's anything other than an extremely trivial fix, either.

Or just create an array of acceptable crew, generate a random number within the array range, select the crew at that index in the array, then remove that choice from the array, and repeat.

You would not actually remove it from array. Otherwise, you would have to recreate array for every behold. Basically you have to keep the previous index. If equal, add one or subtract one. Make sure in the bounds of the array. Basically treating the array as a queue. You do get me wondering how they implemented it though.

Edit: I think we know that they get dupes. So they just RN to crew choice all three times.

You know there is no need to remove. They know which crew are in the behold. Just reroll if it matches one already in the behold. They are not going to get a huge amount of rerolls.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Well I got a response from DB. No screenshot needed. Maybe they can see recent activity on the account?

"Hi Captain,

Thank you for contacting Star Trek Timelines support. I am sorry to hear that you received 2 of the same crew in your Time Portal pull.

While this is unlikely, we understand that this can happen and can be incredibly frustrating. I would be happy to remove the copy of Gralik Durr that you received and exchange him for another available 4* crew of your choice. Please note that crew do not typically get added to the Behold roster until they are at least 90 days old. Please keep this in mind when selecting the crew member you would like.

Thank you,"
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they telling you that you can select anybody. So hinting at getting someone not going to be in portal.
  • Options
    I would feel cheated if I was treated that way. I'm not surprised you questioned it. It's pretty humiliating you need to file a ticket to be treated decently. Are they that greedy or just not competent enough to write a decent code to exclude such cases?
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had too many of those, but yes, they do happen, and yes, usually customer service will tell you to go **tsk tsk** eggs for complaining. Only consistent "we'll fix that for you" has been with a 3-fer (which I have seen/been told about, but not personally experienced).

I'm not popping another premium portal until they update again. Someone should tell CS they haven't updated the portals since last October.
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Are they telling you that you can select anybody. So hinting at getting someone not going to be in portal.

No, not anybody. There were a few restrictions like no event only crew. I forget how they worded it.