Home Engineering Room

iPhone X UI issues getting worse, not better

Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Engineering Room
Since v4 and the forced/mandatory update things are going from bad to worse on iPhone X.

Running out of chron still triggers a pop-up that requires a full forced reboot (or purchase using dil) to escape. It is my feeling that the lack of public acknowledgement of this issue is, unfortunately, proof of underhand tactics to exploit those iPhone X users that accidentally buy the chron top up and don’t submit a ticket.

The UI issues that are more based on aesthetics... well, these are getting worse rather than better. In the vault I now have only 1 and 1/4 lines of crew visible. This is even worse than the 1 and 1/3 that we were ‘given’ with the v4 update. To say that a main feature of this update is to improve iPhone X interface is an absolute joke.

Replicator builds are a mess. Look at the fuel used portion on the attached screenshot.

Please can we have some acknowledgement of these problems and a commitment for fixes?!

khb3v5avcjuz.png
ykdh9kgd5jj7.png
6k78rszxisie.png

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @Black Pebble
    @Shan

Why are you able to offer ‘hot fixes’ for players with some, much more recent, issues (see: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3914/gauntlet-dropping-guinan-instead-of-caretaker-resolved)
    But still ignore the UI bugs and overall experience problems that are plaguing many (thousands?) of players?

???
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s put this in simpler language.

Time is of the essence and as an avenue for seeking support, a response is requested ASAP.
  • Agree having alot of same issues with android devices

Like the voyage bugs that lock up game, or people not being able to actully play the game with load screen errors etc etc

This should always be fixed first before cosmetic issues

But not doing ethier it seems
  • Obviously no one actually tried to actually play the game on an iPhone X. Like they just checked that it launched in the simulator and said “good enough” and checked it in. But I’m not surprised. DB seems to have some kind of aversion to testing their releases on iOS devices.
  • Obviously no one actually tried to actually play the game on an iPhone X. Like they just checked that it launched in the simulator and said “good enough” and checked it in. But I’m not surprised. DB seems to have some kind of aversion to testing their releases on iOS devices.

I'm not sure what devices they do test on to approve a release, but there's lots of Android pain with this release as well. I have no idea how any of this got into a release build, unless the release philosophy is the old joke of "if it compiles, ship it!"
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • I reported the issues and sent a lot of pics and was told "We have yet to receive widespread reports of this issue, however based on your report we will monitor for data specific to this issue, and submit any findings to the QA Team for investigation.

The issues that I mentioned were after updating to the new client version on iPhone X I have noticed that:
    • popup messages such as out of chronotons, the keyboard, and the menu — are not properly rendered with content bing cutoff.
    • On iPhone X the sensor housing notch obscures the left part of the feedback area. It’s hard to show in screenshots as iOS screen captures show as if the notch was not there.
    • Additionally there are touch controls that are at or in the area of the home indicator which triggers the home indicators swipe actions easily.
    • Fuel tank in replicator not sized to allow user to see items in it. In previous version was able to see two rows of items in the rank and more than two rows in the available fuel section
    • Clock on faction or other items overlaps other icons.

These issues show that the app does not follow the iPhone X iOS Human Interface Guidelines from Apple.

Namely:
    When designing for iPhone X, you must ensure that layouts fill the screen and aren't obscured by the device's rounded corners, its sensor housing, or the indicator for accessing the Home screen.

Inset essential content to prevent clipping. In general, content should be centered and symmetrically inset so it looks great in any orientation and isn't clipped by corners or the device's sensor housing, or obscured by the indicator for accessing the Home screen. For best results, use standard, system-provided interface elements and Auto Layout to construct your interface. Apps should adhere to the safe area and layout margins defined by UIKit, which ensure appropriate insetting based on the device and context. The safe area also prevents content from underlapping the status bar, navigation bar, toolbar, and tab bar.

When the device is in landscape orientation, it may be appropriate for some apps—like games—to place tappable controls in the lower portion of the screen (extending below the safe area) to allow more room for content. Use matching insets when placing controls at the top and bottom of the screen, and leave ample space around the Home indicator so people don't accidentally target it when trying to interact with a control.

Avoid explicitly placing interactive controls at the very bottom of the screen and in corners. People use swipe gestures at the bottom edge of the display to access the Home screen and app switcher, and these gestures may cancel custom gestures you implement in this area. The far corners of the screen can be difficult areas for people to reach comfortably.

-- I sent the photos to the support team (however I cannot post them here due to my forum account being too new. --

I really wish that the programmers would resolve these as it gets annoying.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are working in this, there will be fixes in an upcoming new client version. No ETA yet.
  • While I am glad that this is in the works... it should never had gotten past QA. Providing poor experience not worthy of my in game purchases.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    IoS is once again clipping things because 9.2.0 didn't account for the notch.

For example, on the main screen, I can choose between seeing the remaining time on my voyage, or the yellow bubble on the Galaxy Map, but not both.

Unless of course this was the intended solution for removing that bubble LOL.
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Second that.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Clipping my event crew selection menu. When i enter the build screen it is as shown below.

Uhh??? Where are my voyage crew boxes.

And, I am being seriously blinded by training and supplying crew. The light effects are so bright and continuous I am getting a headache. Beyond that, I cant see anything going on in the screen anyway. I cant see what im doing, I have no idea how many trainers to use.

dz2ixg5ccosx.jpeg
    x3xxsowsq370.jpeg
    lvy92c8ibms5.jpeg
    3gmxrar316nc.jpeg
    3trgjkbze84l.jpeg
    1kv3ciil9975.jpeg
    o2uqhe837gfd.jpeg
    stipqe0k6yrn.png

Edited to add ios device 6S and 8. Not X
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    DAE wrote: »

And, I am being seriously blinded by training and supplying crew. The light effects are so bright and continuous I am getting a headache. Beyond that, I cant see anything going on in the screen anyway. I cant see what im doing, I have no idea how many trainers to use.

dz2ixg5ccosx.jpeg
    x3xxsowsq370.jpeg
    lvy92c8ibms5.jpeg
    3gmxrar316nc.jpeg
    3trgjkbze84l.jpeg
    1kv3ciil9975.jpeg
    o2uqhe837gfd.jpeg
    stipqe0k6yrn.png

Edited to add ios device 6S and 8. Not X

Uhh - the gold / yelllow flashes are sooooooo annoying - can't see the level numbers behind it and have to turn away from device to avoid strobe effect.

Seen on iOS 15, with iphone 7, Windows 10, and the WebGL version. Dont want to level crew now...
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forth, the notch is now really obtrusive and cutting off significant screen information
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waited until the forced upgrade - now I’m as miserable as everyone else.

Fifthed (?) for the iOS issues. Heck, for UI issues on all platforms.