Home Engineering Room
Options

The Portal Bug

edited February 2018 in Engineering Room
Hi, I have had this problem for over one year now. The Portal no longer displays winnings when a pack is opened. This is particularly annoying when an immortal is won as I am effectively frozen out of the game until I randomly hit where I know the "choose" button to be - this usually results in my picking a duplicate which I get a small amount of honour from.

I have raised this three times through support. The first time the agent seemed helpful but he seemed to disappear after DB's "restructure", the second time I was told to buy an iPhone and the ticket was closed out. The third time the ticket was just closed out.

HELLO DB I AM TRYING TO THROW MY MONEY AT YOU BUT YOU ARE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO SO.

Is this going to be fixed? New crew every week (too many to ever collect all of), welcome additions like Collections, but the basic bugs are still not ironed out.

*Edited to add. I have the latest version of Android on a Lenovo P2. Not interested in signing up to Steam or Facebook for what is advertised as a mobile game.

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone in authority read this section of the forum or is it just another case of my venting an issue into subspace?
  • Options
    Thought I'd give this another go seeing as though the forum is in one of those moods this evening.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately we do not have a solution for this, we know it happens with a small number of specific devices. Your ticket is on-hold and if a solution is found we will of course let you, and other affected players, know.
  • Options
    Well, firstly, thank you for the reply - nice to receive some honesty which hasn't been forthcoming from tickets.

Secondly, what "specific devices" does this issue affect and why? Is it all Android devices? I ask because I want to know what not to purchase when this device packs in and I have to replace it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If it's just a device specific issue (did you know this before now op ?). I would suggest (obviously, I know nothing of your finances)
    Getting a used device for cheap.

It's absolutely not all Android devices, between wife and myself we've used 4 different Androids in the last 14 months to play the game.. only switching due to structural integrity failures caused by a sudden shift in the local gravitational field.

(... Yes, that would be my toddler)

(.. No, we were not happy)

Off hand, I'd recommend the Lenovo Tb3-710F or a variation model.. by now used ones are undoubtedly cheap 2nd hand and I know it works without a glitch. (A little light on storage, 8gb but you can run it through the mud and it'll still work)

Good luck.

Ps - a "not compatible"
    Or "lower compatibility" devices list would be really helpful for the community.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, firstly, thank you for the reply - nice to receive some honesty which hasn't been forthcoming from tickets.

Secondly, what "specific devices" does this issue affect and why? Is it all Android devices? I ask because I want to know what not to purchase when this device packs in and I have to replace it.

Thank you.

We do not have a list of devices. As we have not been able to identify the cause, it could be something specific to your setup more than with every device of that type.
  • Options
    This just started happening to me on my tablet 2 days ago. All other devices and platforms work fine. The catalyst was an OS upgrade, my Samsung S2 tablet upgraded to Android 7.0.

This is mobile device I primarily play on. If I plan on buying offers or opening packs I must now switch to my cell or play on desktop. Not the end of the world but a pain nonetheless.

My phone (S7 Edge) is also running 7.0 without issue. I've tried reinstalling the game and cleaning temporary files, no luck. Next step is backup my files and do a factory reset on the tablet (won't revert the OS changes, but might do the trick).

Since there's no easy way to revert an OS update on Android, I may have to resort to a custom ROM if all else fails.

Open to suggestions on a possible fix.

Matt
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Options
    This just started happening to me on my tablet 2 days ago. All other devices and platforms work fine. The catalyst was an OS upgrade, my Samsung S2 tablet upgraded to Android 7.0.

This is mobile device I primarily play on. If I plan on buying offers or opening packs I must now switch to my cell or play on desktop. Not the end of the world but a pain nonetheless.

My phone (S7 Edge) is also running 7.0 without issue. I've tried reinstalling the game and cleaning temporary files, no luck. Next step is backup my files and do a factory reset on the tablet (won't revert the OS changes, but might do the trick).

Since there's no easy way to revert an OS update on Android, I may have to resort to a custom ROM if all else fails.

Matt

It sounds like the biggest problem is that you can't see the behold options. Perhaps you can switch to another device when you get a behold? An old phone, steam, emulator etc. If the bug is device specific it shouldn't carry over, right?

• Options
    Any update on this?

Must be alot of lost revenue for DB due to people unwilling to part with cash because if this bug?
  • Options
    guest_7456 wrote: »

Matt

It sounds like the biggest problem is that you can't see the behold options. Perhaps you can switch to another device when you get a behold? An old phone, steam, emulator etc. If the bug is device specific it shouldn't carry over, right?

Switching to another device does work, the Behold is "saved" until you log in again on the 2nd device. I've had to do this a few times when I inadvertently pulled packs on my tablet by mistake.

I have no other updates to report on my end, though. Did the factory reset and all updates, same behavior. I still might try the custom ROM option but not really looking forward to doing that. So I just play more on my phone or PC now.
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel for those this is happening too. What an awful bug!
  • Options
    I have had this bug since i started playing somewhere in late 2016 almost two years later no fix lol, it prevents me from buying packs cause i wont be able to see whats inside and locks up the game permanently when there is a behold. My only workaround has been using steam for pulling packs then switch back to device. Ive isolated the problem every device on the planet running a 600 series snapdragon variant powered by Qualcomm. I tried on snapdragon 625, 630, 636 they all fail on STT pack pulling. If by any chance the op's device isnt using a snapdragon 600 series product the problem is even bigger. Since they 600 series is mainstream most device will have, all Apple related stuff excluded ofcourse. So in my observations device is irrelevant, the chipset is what matters here and helas it is the most commonly used chipset there is. Just for reference i tried multiple snapdragon 800 series devices they all work fine in this aspect, i have no information about lower end chipsets then the 600 series
  • Options
    @captain sisko cheacked out the samsung tab S2 specs and surprise surprise it runs a snap 652 lol theres the culprit ;)
  • Options
    Glad I checked again here before putting in a ticket of my own.
    Just wanted to second @Captain Sisko's issue if that helps tracking the problem down, I have the identical issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 as well. STT was working perfectly up until the update to Android 7.0. Everything else seems to work fine, other than the actual portal animation (don't know if it's the same animation when buying packs). Kept me from getting in on the 10 free boost packs recently, but that's water under the bridge.
  • Options
    I believe this to be related to Android 7.x. This issue currently affects my Moto X Style (aka Moto X Pure) runninv Android 7.1.x. It hasn't happened on my Nexus 6 since installing an Android 8.x ROM and has never happened on my Pixel 2 XL. At least I can feel better knowing beholds are saved between devices when waiting for a decision.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Matt

Didn't know the tab2 could os update to 7.0. Does yours only have 8g? I play on my tab3, 16g & kit Kat.

Also have s6 edge plus & LG aristo both running 7.0 & haven't had op issue. Neither does my galaxy s3 with 4.4.2 Kit kat.

I've used a note 4 & alcatel one touch both had not this issue either. Running Marshmallow & Lollipop (sorry don't have the os #)
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Matt

Any probem with the os update? Is it worth getting 7.0 on my tab?

Did you use OTA or keis?
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    @captain sisko cheacked out the samsung tab S2 specs and surprise surprise it runs a snap 652 lol theres the culprit ;)
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

I play on my tab3, 16g & kit Kat.

Also have s6 edge plus & LG aristo both running 7.0 & haven't had op issue. Neither does my galaxy s3 with 4.4.2 Kit kat.

I've used a note 4 & alcatel one touch both had not this issue either. Running Marshmallow & Lollipop (sorry don't have the os #)

Do these support your findings?

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    All galaxy S and note series use high end socs/chipsets snapdragon 800+ or the inhouse developed Exynos socs, most alcatel devices run on Mediatek Chipsets (low end). So all your devices used should have no problems since they dont house an 600 series chipset. SO either the 600 series is the culprit or 600 IN COMBINATION with specific Droid versions. If i had the money id buy a new Nokia 6.1 2018 series which sports the new snapdragon 636 to test, if its not bugging out its probably due to Android One which may have a lot of differences with Stock android. Until now every single Snapdragon 600 series device ive seen got the screenfreeze/blackscreen on restart. Big problem cause they produce and sell a couple 100 million of those a year.
  • Options
    Still no fix?