Home The Bridge

Would you rather have Species 8472 or one of the factions listed in the Mega Event poll?

SardineSardine ✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge

Would you rather have Species 8472 or one of the factions listed in the Mega Event poll? 84 votes

Species 8472!
55%
Warrior Willo[KM] UL1R53Captain_WhoProsserZombie Squirrel Jhamel[TUFG] SiguardehmigaJim RaynorKTzdext74littlestoatie[10F] Fuzzy MooHungry Dog DDMLocutus_of_Borg_kvafykobaArrnox(10F)GeekgirlCFOHSilverknight 47 votes
I'm happy with the faction choices
44%
[7TW] UnkieB<TGE> DangerDrakeSixDifferentWaysSSR BarkleySabine of AthensCaptain Durf[GoT] jess-gayCaptain LostNad HaleXo | Cadet MattAlthea BiermontGrant77NS111111Jim SteeleStygianPallidyneAHSOG2[SJ] Admiral AkiAntasilJean-Luck Picard 37 votes

Comments

• Species 8472!
    So i feel that the poll is great, no complaints when they consult the community, but i wish they would include this option eventually. Curious to see if I'm alone in this.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above.

DB poll's factions were limited to factions who actually have representation in-game (that is, in the shuttle bay). However, if they opened it up to other non-represented factions I would have gone with somebody like the Borg Cooperative (or Unimatrix Zero), or the Vulcans (even though they fall under the auspices of the Federation).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Species 8472!
    I WANT SPECIES 8472!!!!!!
    Species 8472
    6qxx31et1r4i.jpeg

Character Profile: Species 8472
    Rarity: 5*
    Skills: Security: 72 Science: 61
    Traits: Species 8472, Brutal, Explorer, Survivalist, Telepath
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great to have species 8472 but it isnt enough for a whole month event.
    Let’s fly!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I want an Orion syndicate because it could have a ton of characters to represent.

Undercover O'Brien
    Orion Slaver
    Liam Bilby
    Raimus
    Thaidal Bokar
    Krole
    Thelev
    Naavar
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?? I am sure they are plenty more options than species 8472. I was pretty disappointed by the survey as I'm not sure of the relevance of the factions that were presented.

For example Romulans were missing as an option

Would love a TOS or TNG Romulan event
    DB: Do Better
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Really?? I am sure they are plenty more options than species 8472. I was pretty disappointed by the survey as I'm not sure of the relevance of the factions that were presented.

I would Love an Enterprise Romulan event aka something about Earth-Romulan war

They could bring two specific Romulans - Valdore and Talok. Then maybe even V'Las
  • edited March 2018
    I want Season One TNG Worf.

But as they asked which "faction" and not "which species or character from the Trek universe", I chose TNG, Cardassian.

It's like asking why you couldn't vote for Oprah Winfrey in 2016. She simply wasn't on the ballot and therefore not an option.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great to have species 8472 but it isnt enough for a whole month event.

This. That would make a nice, single, crew during an event, but they aren't a "faction" for an event.

I'm wondering if there are already plans for events with the missing factions and that's why they weren't included.

• NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    They could definitely have some fun with it, since they could basically make 8472 undercover versions of a few characters: 8472 Boothby, 8472 Admiral Bullock, 8472 Commander Valerie Archer, and 8472 David Gentry.

David Gentry might make a good Cadet (1 or 2 star). Starfleet and Alien :).

Then throw in one or two regular form 8472s.

Since they were trying to infiltrate Starfleet, can go a little non-canon and something like an 8472 Nechayev (existing character with only 1 current instance).
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    8472 would make no sense for a mega event. how many 8472 legit cards could you come up with? 1?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Species 8472!

I'm wondering if there are already plans for events with the missing factions and that's why they weren't included.

Well, if the schedule is correct, we should have a mega-event every second month, Romulans could be planned for April.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Well, if the schedule is correct, we should have a mega-event every second month, Romulans could be planned for April.

I've been prepping for Romulan, Ferengi and Cardassian mega events. When not working on current event crew I work on those.

The event this week really helped with Cardassians because I finished off all my Dukat and Garak variants. I only have Revolutionary Damar and Gul Madred to finish.

For Ferengi the only one left is Niners Rom

For Romulans it's Tomalak, T'Rul and Jarok remaining.
  • I'm voting for Romulans. They have that long-standing villain status, so that's my vote.

gsahgpybb456.jpg
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add 8742 to the gauntlet after the caretaker
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shake the hands of all new crew.... and how DO you shake hands with an 8472?
    Yateball wrote: »
    I shake the hands of all new crew.... and how DO you shake hands with an 8472?

Rather easily
    02b17.jpg

How did things go with the Horta? :)
    latest?cb=20110626004300&path-prefix=en

• NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    I don't know that there's 13 (maybe less if some other faction is also involved) 8472s I'd like to see in the game. Maybe an overall Delta Quadrant event with characters from some of the species they ran across? They could use Hirogens or Neelixs in the existing slots. Have 8472 Valerie Archer as the recurring?
    Neems wrote: »
    I don't know that there's 13 (maybe less if some other faction is also involved) 8472s I'd like to see in the game. Maybe an overall Delta Quadrant event with characters from some of the species they ran across? They could use Hirogens or Neelixs in the existing slots. Have 8472 Valerie Archer as the recurring?

Agreed. Probably not enough canon unique 8472 characters (infinite non-canon). Might be a nice regular event or even a "2-part" long event (2 weekend of related events). "Last time on Star Trek: Timelines" :)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Species 8472!
    I would save the Undine for Episode 9 in an epic battle against the Borg in the Delta quadrant (and introduce them AND the Borg as new factions), but it would also be a nice way to introduce them in a Mega Event, followed by Episode 9 ... ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")