Home The Bridge

Gauntlet strategies

I'm curious what other players' strategies are for the gauntlet. Do you try to grow your point total slowly so you get easier matches and better chances at longer streaks? Or do you always try to be as high as you can to get better rewards at the end. Do you spend merits to swap out matches frequently, or forfeit characters that are already exhausted a few levels?

And then how is it working for you? How many Locutus/Guinan/Caretakers have you gotten out of how many rounds you've played?

Ever since they introduced the new merit rewards in the time portal I've changed my strategy to sacrificing characters that are exhausted, but don't know if that is a good tradeoff.

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably want to move strategy discussions to the Ready Room forum.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably want to move strategy discussions to the Ready Room forum.

This. But to answer the question, I try to go for rank and streaks without reviving crew or spending merits to refresh matchups. It means sacrificing perfectly good crew on a bad matchup but it means the gauntlet is a good source of merits rather than a drain.
  • Probably want to move strategy discussions to the Ready Room forum.

This. But to answer the question, I try to go for rank and streaks without reviving crew or spending merits to refresh matchups. It means sacrificing perfectly good crew on a bad matchup but it means the gauntlet is a good source of merits rather than a drain.

Not this. ready room is for new players, not all discussion regarding strategy and fortunes.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    @prometheus1701 - I am definitely not a new player, but am not shy about asking questions of my fellow players in the Ready Room.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    #1 answer is make sure your last round is saved for last 5-10 minutes of round. You can use merits to obviously re-roll which I also highly suggest.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    #1 answer is make sure your last round is saved for last 5-10 minutes of round. You can use merits to obviously re-roll which I also highly suggest.

Completely agree with @Nero84 - If you have a strong crew, you can definitely climb the rankings a lot in the last 10 minutes (e.g., from being at a ranking in the 40's to the top 10).