Home Ready Room

Best use of 50k honor?

dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ready Room
I've got 15 some 5* crew that are have either 1 or 2 stars on them. I also have gotten up to 50k available honor (I say available because I'm sitting on the 100K for the next honor hall character).

Am I better off to spend the honor to get one of them another star, or using the honor to purchase a 5* behold?

And... if I use honor to get another star, how do I ever decide which one should get the star?

For what it's worth, my 5*s are:

Lt. Commander La Forge - 1*
T'Kuvma - 4*
Locutus - 1*
Kortar - 2*
Kahless - 1*
Admiral Riker - 1*
Admiral Kirk - 1*
Away Team Saru - 1*
Will Scarlett - 1*
Kal-if-fee Kirk - 1*
Alternate Future Bashir - 1*
Mobile Doctor - 1*
Mariachi Q - 1*
Mirror Bashir - 1*
Convergence Day Quark - 1*
Crell Moset - 1*
Suus Mahna Sarek - 1*
Assimilated Janeway - 1*
Dahar Master Kang - 1*
Arachnia Janeway - 2*
Enterprise-E Picard - 1*
Changeling Founder - 1*

Edited to add... Obviously one thought is to finish T'Kuvma... but it's not like I'm going to send him to the freezer when he's in my top 3 command and security right now. And the crew slot is not currently a huge need to free up.

Comments

• Count23Count23 ✭✭✭
    Medical are always good, so if no one else has nay suggestions, go with the Mobile EMH.

Mirror Bashir apparently is also one of the top rated engineers as well, which is really good for voyages. But same goes with La Forge.

Personally, depending on your stats, I'd go with an engineer for now as I have an FFFE Cornwell and an AOS crusher, so my engineering is worse off than any others ATM.
  • 50K to go from one to two stars isn't going to provide much value. I would wait to earn second stars through beholds. As such, Janeway, Kortar, or T'Kuvma would be your best bet. Probably Janeway for events or T'Kuvma for immortalization (plus not being in packs) is where I would go.

I would never use honor to purchase a behold.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I would probably keep saving until the opportune moment presents itself, nothing in there screams out citate as until you get to 3 stars the stats aren't much of an improvement.
    DB: Do Better
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hold until the new Honor Hall character is revealed, you might want to star that one up

I've been holding since...November? Almost up to 400k honor now...

Edit: And don't burn it on T'Kuvma. It may be tempting, but his FF stats are really paltry compared to some of the others you could start working up (Assimilated Janeway, Kahless, and Kortar come to mind).
  • Hold until the new Honor Hall character is revealed, you might want to star that one up

I've been holding since...November? Almost up to 400k honor now...

Edit: And don't burn it on T'Kuvma. It may be tempting, but his FF stats are really paltry compared to some of the others you could start working up (Assimilated Janeway, Kahless, and Kortar come to mind).

Ditto, Zzzzz... :|
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I realize the following is likely not a popular suggestion, but will nevertheless provide you with some "food for thought":

- 54,000 Honor can be used to FF one of the Voyages only crew, if you get one to drop from the Dilemmas
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    1. Up that saving for 150 to get next megaevent character's star instantly.
    2. T'Kuvma. Yes, he's Com/Sec. Yes, he's 2-stat. It's still 300 points of base on quite powerful character that can easily fit on shuttles in event and is quite useful on Voyages, especially if you luck on Com/Sec but even on Com and Sec separately
    3. Kortar already have 2, but you may prefer Locutus or Kahless. Safe choices.

Rest don't give big increase of usefulness immediately.

Well, honestly I would say spend all 150 and make Kortar 5/5 then start saving again - he would increase tempo of said saving through voyages.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get the complaints about T’Kuvma’s stats. The consensus seems to be “he’s not the best, therefore he has no value” when he’s actually still one of the best COM/SEC crew on shuttle missions. Yes, his usefulness in the gauntlet was severely limited when Mirror Picard came out and lack of a third skill certainly puts him at a disadvantage compared to someone like the Borg Queen or Kahless for voyages...but maybe not everyone has so many FF’d legendary C/S/D crew to make T’Kuvma worthy of nothing more than being put in the freezer.

I use him every day on shuttle missions, where he only takes a backseat to the Borg Queen on COM and both Kortar and Mirror Picard on SEC. I'll put him in a COM or SEC-heavy voyage if a trait lines up (especially Hero or Spiritual), and even use him in the gauntlet if two traits are featured.

So yes, OP could ultimately FF Kahless, Kortar, or Assimilated Janeway and ultimately be ahead...in a couple of months? Longer? In the meantime, why not improve a useful character, make some progress on the immortalization achievement, prepare for future collections, and spend a citation on someone who will not be appearing in a regular legendary behold?
    I don’t get the complaints about T’Kuvma’s stats. The consensus seems to be “he’s not the best, therefore he has no value” when he’s actually still one of the best COM/SEC crew on shuttle missions. Yes, his usefulness in the gauntlet was severely limited when Mirror Picard came out and lack of a third skill certainly puts him at a disadvantage compared to someone like the Borg Queen or Kahless for voyages...but maybe not everyone has so many FF’d legendary C/S/D crew to make T’Kuvma worthy of nothing more than being put in the freezer.

I use him every day on shuttle missions, where he only takes a backseat to the Borg Queen on COM and both Kortar and Mirror Picard on SEC. I'll put him in a COM or SEC-heavy voyage if a trait lines up (especially Hero or Spiritual), and even use him in the gauntlet if two traits are featured.

So yes, OP could ultimately FF Kahless, Kortar, or Assimilated Janeway and ultimately be ahead...in a couple of months? Longer? In the meantime, why not improve a useful character, make some progress on the immortalization achievement, prepare for future collections, and spend a citation on someone who will not be appearing in a regular legendary behold?

When looking at a character in a vacuum, I weight voyage stats a LOT higher than base shuttle stats. Rewards from voyages are much better and base stats for T'Kuvma won't improve your shuttles a ton unless you run out of event crew.
    Voyage scores by fusion level (Excludes any starbase modifiers and sums all stats together)

Fusion   Kahless   T'Kuvma
    1        2450      2024
    2        2533      2067
    3        2755      2236
    4        3108      2494
    5        3455      2793

What should be pretty clear from this comparison is that Kahless - 2 Stars is about equivalent to T'Kuvma. That is why I'm very down on fusing him.
  • Irial wrote: »
    I realize the following is likely not a popular suggestion, but will nevertheless provide you with some "food for thought":

- 54,000 Honor can be used to FF one of the Voyages only crew, if you get one to drop from the Dilemmas

That might be a good idea. If you airlock a Voyage Only crew, can you then get them back in Voyages? I pulled Lucien, and now I have no idea what to do with him.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    When looking at a character in a vacuum, I weight voyage stats a LOT higher than base shuttle stats. Rewards from voyages are much better and base stats for T'Kuvma won't improve your shuttles a ton unless you run out of event crew.
    Voyage scores by fusion level (Excludes any starbase modifiers and sums all stats together)

Fusion   Kahless   T'Kuvma
    1        2450      2024
    2        2533      2067
    3        2755      2236
    4        3108      2494
    5        3455      2793

What should be pretty clear from this comparison is that Kahless - 2 Stars is about equivalent to T'Kuvma. That is why I'm very down on fusing him.

It looks like Kahless at 3 stars is equivalent to T’Kuvma, not 2 stars. And at three stars, Kahless costs 200,000 honor, which could have been used by someone who only hit 25k VP a single time in any of the events in the first Discovery Mega to FF T’Kuvma. Then it’s another 100,000 to finish Kahless...for those of us who got T’Kuvma to 4/5* in the event and used a citation to finish him, the honor cost to FF is only 50,000.

FF Kahless: 3455 skill points for 300,000 honor = 86.8 honor per skill point
    FF T’Kuvma: 2794 skill points for 50,000 honor = 1.8 honor per skill point.

Again, I’m not arguing that T’Kuvma isn’t objectively worse than Kahless and many others, just that he is far more cost-effective to immortalize and still provides a benefit in shuttles, some voyages, and rare gauntlets. Particularly to those who can’t afford Kahless or other top-shelf crew.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkind Zyn wrote: »
    Irial wrote: »

That might be a good idea. If you airlock a Voyage Only crew, can you then get them back in Voyages? I pulled Lucien, and now I have no idea what to do with him.

Supposedly its a drop once and never again.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who replied; I'm surprised the answer wasn't Legendary Behold - the more I thought about it the more I assumed that was the obvious choice - guess I'm glad I asked!
    dext74 wrote: »
    Thanks to all who replied; I'm surprised the answer wasn't Legendary Behold - the more I thought about it the more I assumed that was the obvious choice - guess I'm glad I asked!

Legendary beholds are very risky. Sure, you get a 10% discount, but there are a LOT of bad 5*s out there. If you do 10 legendary beholds, if 2 aren't useful, you were better off citing your best character.
  • Just save it until they pay a Artist more than $7.50 per hour to enlist a Real Legendary Bonanza powerhouse. 😁 Just joshing some y'all just take this too serious.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

Crap. Now I don't want to Airlock Lucien, but I also don't want to drop 54k Honor to get him to the freezer.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Alkind Zyn wrote: »
    Irial wrote: »

Others have disputed that, saying they have had multiples.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    Others have disputed that, saying they have had multiples.
    And IIRC DB said that if so, it's bug.
    edited April 2018
    Wow the mad flagger is back flagging every post in this thread.
    That's both funny and uncalled for.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t see any flags in this thread. Does that mean it is someone I have blocked? If so, I can narrow it down to two people.

• I’d either finish off T’Kuvma or put a third star on either Arachnia Janeway or Kortar. Or you could just pick your favorite of those characters and put a star there. If you’ve got a lot of room in your roster, go for the Behold instead; it might be fun after all.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    I have a similar dilemma currently, but with 100k honour. Do i go for Kahless (even though i have a pretty strong gauntlet crew, with most of the other staples, Mirror picard, guinan, seven, caretaker, gawron, sulan etc), or add a couple of sorely needed stars to the rest of my gold crew, most of which are currently at one or two stars...

... Bev doesnt even enter my thinking for now
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will spend some on Lorian if I get him tomurrmeow in the 6500 liffium pack. DYS is 2/5 insta and then 150k honor for FF, he's worf the most right meow because of Vulcan mega event and also nice ENG base and good voyager and also decent gauntlettist.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I don’t see any flags in this thread. Does that mean it is someone I have blocked? If so, I can narrow it down to two people.

Flag for Spam is no longer a thing--- just Report flags which don't increment on the post.
    I asked about it since my Flag count in my profile zeroed out. (I had 5, funny, every flag I had had at least 2 awesomes too, I used to click on them just for chuckles.)
  • Siblin wrote: »
    I have a similar dilemma currently, but with 100k honour. Do i go for Kahless (even though i have a pretty strong gauntlet crew, with most of the other staples, Mirror picard, guinan, seven, caretaker, gawron, sulan etc), or add a couple of sorely needed stars to the rest of my gold crew, most of which are currently at one or two stars...

... Bev doesnt even enter my thinking for now

Kahless is ridiculous in voyages. Him at 1/5 makes the cut for me sometimes.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Flag for Spam is no longer a thing--- just Report flags which don't increment on the post.
    I asked about it since my Flag count in my profile zeroed out. (I had 5, funny, every flag I had had at least 2 awesomes too, I used to click on them just for chuckles.)

I believe I have two flags but in my defense the guy A.) was flag happy and B.) totally deserved what I said